Mensa HQ Declaration of War

Vanek26

Yeah, I crossed a line.  Lost control of my temper bigtime.  I apologize to Pfeiffer and to Rebecca.  Wasn't cool of me.  Petty squabbling is to be expected, but there are lines we don't cross and I quickly crossed several in succession.  I sometimes lose my humanity on the internet because I can't see the people I'm impacting face to face.  I'm essentially an emotional ostrich.

And while my eggs are certainly not delicious, I can say that I am susceptible to the same mistakes as this noble bird.  Namely putting my head in the sand.

FEEL THE CLEANSING BURN OF THE GOLDEN SANDS WRYYYYYYY

But what the hell do I know, right?  I'm just a 47-year-old father of two sets of twins living in Indiana.  It's not like I've been on the internet since 1993 or anything nor did I ever have a social life in college...

It doesn't matter who we are; what matters is our plan.

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

But what the hell do I know, right?  I'm just a 47-year-old father of two sets of twins living in Indiana.  It's not like I've been on the internet since 1993 or anything nor did I ever have a social life in college...

Please stop blurring the lines between the game and RL. It's super serious illegal to do. Talking about having children is an insult to those who cannot have them, and you have therefore declared war on anyone who is currently unable to reproduce. 

2KtLqql.gif

It doesn't matter who we are; what matters is our plan.

NxhPgjT.gif

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

If we get a war out of this type of thing every time then I am totally making an add in a few months with Oblige's RL gorgeous brown eyed face and name on it.

But my eyes are not brown...

Relevant: http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8154-mea-culpa/

Hey Pre, I get that text is an incredibly difficult medium in which to communicate subtlety but that was actually an opening for you to dial it back a bit and show some good sportsmanship and collegiality.  But maybe that's not your thing.

Priest of Dio

Please stop blurring the lines between the game and RL. It's super serious illegal to do. Talking about having children is an insult to those who cannot have them, and you have therefore declared war on anyone who is currently unable to reproduce. 

2KtLqql.gif

NxhPgjT.gif

2KtLqql.gif

NxhPgjT.gif

2KtLqql.gif

NxhPgjT.gif

200_s.gif

This. I was about to comment on Piginzen's posting real life stories in an IC section too. Piginzen, dude, you're ranting, using real life facts to gain sympathy. Do that in another section of the forum. This is not the place, don't pile it up just because others started it. I know it's hard to act, but at least try to avoid bringing real life into an IC section.

I once almost got myself warned for someone else posting OOC stuff in IC section and my comment of "I pray for your death" was misunderstood as an OOC attack simply because the OP mentioned he got cancer or something, when my remark was entirely IC (ie. I wish you got piled on continuously). People need to learn the difference between IC and OOC. Not posting OOC stuff in IC section is a start.

Edited by Alice Lune

This. I was about to comment on Piginzen's posting real life stories in an IC section too. Piginzen, dude, you're ranting, using real life facts to gain sympathy. Do that in another section of the forum. This is not the place, don't pile it up just because others started it. I know it's hard to act, but at least try to avoid bringing real life into an IC section.

I once almost got myself warned for someone else posting OOC stuff in IC section and my comment of "I pray for your death" was misunderstood as an OOC attack simply because the OP mentioned he got cancer or something, when my remark was entirely IC (ie. I wish you got piled on continuously). People need to learn the difference between IC and OOC. Not posting OOC stuff in IC section is a start.

Have you read the op?

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

As an adopted 15 year old girl suffering from lupus and cancer, and cancer of the lupus, I feel it is important to keep a clear division between the IC and the OOC.  I would never use my chemo treatments as a cheap ploy for sympathy (let alone mercy!) from my attackers.  Even the thought of it makes me sick.  Almost as sick as I feel after suffering through one of my treatments.  Sure, this game was my only escape from the hell that is my real life, and building my nation brought me great joy.  But I would never use that for personal gain in this game.  Perish the thought.  If I ever realized my dream of meeting my birth parents and getting the bone marrow donated from the only people who could be a genetic match, I'm sure they would agree: IC and OOC don't mix.

Edited by Hagbard Celine
  • Upvote 5

Apple_of_Discord.png

Have you read the op?

OOC = I have. I also suffered through 19 pages of this thread. My point stands. Just because someone else started it, there is no need to follow suit. Besides, the OP's original post can be interpreted as IC butthurt over OOC acts, which is quite acceptable in my book. It's when Piginzen tell the story of how he's 47, has twin children and expects readers to accept that he is supposed to have a higher authority because he's older and has a 'respectable life' that I can't accept.

Even I have used OOC justification to attack another IG in another game. My justification was "Jolly Rodger stole my cookies", which he did during lunch the previous day.

If you are old enough as you claim to be, then be mature about it. Take the high ground and don't stoop to their level. Respect the division between IC and OOC in a game section dedicated for IG accounts. If you are an adult, then act like an adult.

EDIT: I hope nobody else starts an OOC mention here. I will not respond to anymore OOC baiting here. If you can't tell the difference between IC and OOC, then stick to the areas where it's not as strictly expected.

Edited by Alice Lune

Point taken, Alice.  It was more of a passive aggressive response to the rampant know-it-allism that pervades this place than an appeal to authority but I can see how you read it the way you did.  Also I made that statement to show that there's shit about me that people could use as fuel for OOC attacks.  Wouldn't be the first time that's happened to me in a browser game. 

• Upvote 1

Priest of Dio

Anything I share with anyone in Orbis, or IRC or other worlds I live on, is fair game to do as you like imo.  I don't share my IRL name, FB, etc for that very reason.  War simulators have a nasty way of friend becoming enemies becoming friends becoming enemies again.  Take this picture of myself.  Someone put Elijah Woods eyes on me!

steve-buscemi-with-elijah-woods-face.jpg

• Upvote 3

I always used my real name in these games, this is a break from the norm for me. Cos I don't give a shit.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

There will be no more ooc posts in this thread. Every ooc post from here on out will get a warn. It is not acceptable and I will not allow it as it had gone much to far. Seriously, here on out drop it all and keep in in game.