Change "Gasoline" to "Fuel"

Leroy-Jenkins

• Administrators

Makes a lot of sense to me, actually, though we've gone a whole year with it as Gasoline with no problems. Not sure if a change is actually warranted, it might just confuse existing players.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Have it so you pick what your refineries produce? Each unit runs different things

I think having multiple types of fuel would be overcomplicating things, unless you're suggesting it as cosmetic only

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

Have it so you pick what your refineries produce? Each unit runs different things

I like this idea. It can add a few more resources to trade with and we have to produce based on the quantity we need. It complicates, yes, but will be a good addition.

Determining where to cut your column is a complex process and varies heavily on your input. Gasoline is enough of an approximate for general fuels. We can just assume that orbis militaries demand gas for ships and planes, and orbis industries are great about GTL reactors and cracking.

Instead of changing it to 'fuel', I'd rather that we get a choice what to name it ourselves. So if I want to rename gasoline into 'tears', I should be able to. Selling 60 tonnes of tears would be funny.

It's not a necessary change, but it's a cosmetic change that doesn't hurt the game. I will say yes, simply because it makes sense.

Anyway, we call it petrol here and we're not commies, you capitalist!

• Upvote 1

Jets don't take gas, tanks take diesel, ships run off of diesel and bunker, the damn commies call it petrol.

Fuel is more ambiguous than Gasoline and it makes more sense in context.

By "Commies" do you mean the British, or Europeans in general? :P

Edited by Mark76