New players first moments in the game

Arthur Wellington

This in no way is supposed to be a negative comment about the game but just an observation.

As a new player ive had fun with the tutorial. Next step for me was a fun time with my alliance, which gave the extra dimension. Also played some ball games.

But for me as a new player the next question when logging in is:

What now?

Im waiting for messages/notification, getting my own money to buld infra will take several days and there isnt much else to do for now. Im sticking with it and this is not supposed to be a complained but I would guess other new players could have the same expierence and just not log in anymore.

I offer no fantastic new ideas but i wondering if anyone else has the same exp or ideas about this?

You could ask your alliance for a grant or something to improve your cities and then you'll be able to make more money.

However, if you leave the alliance after receiving money, they will likely ask for it back and you'll be in debt.

This is very small

Ive played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for quite a while an do understand what the different options are, alliance play, war, trading etc etc. What I mean could be perhaps seen in the newbie guide, were there is a Day 1 tutorial, but it ends after that.. No day 2, 3 or more tutorial days. And my alliance is aiding me plenty btw :-)

Ive played (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for quite a while an do understand what the different options are, alliance play, war, trading etc etc. What I mean could be perhaps seen in the newbie guide, were there is a Day 1 tutorial, but it ends after that.. No day 2, 3 or more tutorial days. And my alliance is aiding me plenty btw :-)

Game pace is slow, lot faster than (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) but still slow. Unless you like raiding there s not much to do but waiting, planning your growth, etc... Eventually wars happen and those can be fun, but yeah, game needs a bit more love. I like it slow but i wouldn t mind something to do in the meantimes, and for me obl is not the answer, im not a sport guy.

If your alliance has good new nation programs they can get you grants. Also you could try raiding depending on what alliance you are in or you could just accept the part of the game which is naturally not fast, but a slow growth process. 

I got into a triple front defensive war that had no clear reason other than a raider had it turned around on him, I beat two of the attackers without aid then the third plied for peace when I started wrecking his air force and had him blockaded.

That was a pretty decent new player moment.

Edited by Allen Charra
  • Upvote 1

I think the best part of this game is the people on the forums and in the alliance. If your alliance has forums, try to get to know people. Maybe even apply for FA and talk to some other alliances. IRC can also be a good way to chat about the game and meet some people. This doesn't necessarily fix the game itself, but perhaps it can give you something to be interested about.

Lol and I forgot making a page for yourself on the wiki. Typical.

Edited by The Captain Nao

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

All true but what I mean isnt that the social aspect of the game is lacking (o contrare, I'm having loads of fun with my current alliance and my first one was also very interesting :)) but that there isn't a smooth learn&develope curve like some regular games have. Tuturials in for example C&C or ES take you on a relative longer path that in itself is fun and rewarding. Most nation/city building browser games have new players start with the one objective: grow!

All true but what I mean isnt that the social aspect of the game is lacking (o contrare, I'm having loads of fun with my current alliance and my first one was also very interesting :)) but that there isn't a smooth learn&develope curve like some regular games have. Tuturials in for example C&C or ES take you on a relative longer path that in itself is fun and rewarding. Most nation/city building browser games have new players start with the one objective: grow!

Thing is there isnt that much to be tutored about, the game is easy to learn, it still lacks the complexity to require longer tutorials. All there is to know right now its just a page long.

Maybe in future, when more meaningfull stuff gets added to the game, who knows. Really hope the admins can deepen the experience a bit.

I don't see P&W as a game to play continuously but as a place to check in daily and slowly, then eventually more quickly, build your nation by adding cities etc.

i am addicted now but you do have to have patience to wait for your revenue to build.

One thing I didn't know at the beginning was to add commerce to your cities so your money accumulates faster.

Good luck.

Its not really about patience but I think there is a reason why 1/3 is inactive and many new nations stop playing after a certain amount of time. There is no real learning curve besides fine tuning what is there at the start (and thats fine for most, give or take 2/3 of the peeps). Don't you guys wonder why so many stop playing or go inactive?

• Upvote 1

Its not really about patience but I think there is a reason why 1/3 is inactive and many new nations stop playing after a certain amount of time. There is no real learning curve besides fine tuning what is there at the start (and thats fine for most, give or take 2/3 of the peeps). Don't you guys wonder why so many stop playing or go inactive?

The real draw from games like this is the roleplaying and in-game politics. If you only plays for the gameplay, there's not much actually.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

The real draw from games like this is the roleplaying and in-game politics. If you only plays for the gameplay, there's not much actually.

all true, and as i've stated before, thats not my point.. Im trying to find a reason why of the 22.000 nations made less then 10% stays active. I think the reason can party be found in the lack of tutorial worthy content. anyways, seem to get no-were with this debate so as far as im concerned - close it up!

Milk those lazy-asses you call a baseball team for all they're worth, duh.

True, I have a ton of money invested in that team and it doesn't rake in worth jack.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...

Many people go inactive because this game is a text game. With the younger generation they want constant graphics and doing something. People sign up expecting to dominate everyone and then find out its not that easy and don't want to put the time in. Text games are there own genre and you either like them or you dont. I think that's why there's many inactives