Cyber Warfare

stetonic

As P&W is set in the modern world.It should have a modern tech system.If we introduced satellites and a tech centre.It could be used to enhance military operations and could also be used as a defensive tool.

You could use a tech system to hack an enemies missile launch control.So it would delay the launch of a missile  by an extra mp or 2. Or an enemies air power during an attack due to you hacking there air control/defence systems.You could also hack the Iron Dome so your missiles have a better chance of hitting.

Cyber warfare is a major weapon in any modern military and governments count cyber threats as one of the biggest threats against a country.So i think this would be a great addition to the game and it could be taken in many directions and add many new things to the game

We don't even have passenger airlines and postal systems ingame, what makes you think we're on the modern world? Hell, I seriously doubt Internet even exist in Orbis. People are too busy raining lead on each to other to really invent anything new... and I think you're operating on the Hollywood kind of hacking there.

All those thing are fine and all, but how does this exactly work? New project? New standalone units that work like spies? Improvements? Is there any upkeep or recruiting costs? What would happen if two nations hacking each other, the hackers on one side dies of cardiac arrest instantly despite being miles away from the other side?

UedhRvY.png

You have missiles ingame that destroy 300 infra and kill 30,000 people and you dont think thats a modern touch to the game.Now thats sci fi compered to what any 1 real life missile can do.You claim cyber warfare is Hollywood.Anyone with top level hacking skills could delete you from history with  few clicks.Thats not Hollywood thats truth.

All governments now employ a unit that is assigned to cyber threats.They spend millions upon millions trying to protect vital services from attack and any guy with the right skills can do untold damage to a countries infra.While sitting in his bedroom.

As for the idea it would be a new project and yeah 2 nations could counter act each other.It would work the same as spying.In that if your tech centre was more updated you could defend against the attack.Same as if you have more spies you defend better.

We don't even have passenger airlines and postal systems ingame, what makes you think we're on the modern world? Hell, I seriously doubt Internet even exist in Orbis. People are too busy raining lead on each to other to really invent anything new... and I think you're operating on the Hollywood kind of hacking there.

All those thing are fine and all, but how does this exactly work? New project? New standalone units that work like spies? Improvements? Is there any upkeep or recruiting costs? What would happen if two nations hacking each other, the hackers on one side dies of cardiac arrest instantly despite being miles away from the other side?

But this is a game, and hollywood hacking is awesome see: hackers.

There could be a project like a cyberwarfare command, that allows you to recruit hackers. Hackers could be killed by spy attacks. There would be upkeep costs. Hackers could perform defensive functions like setting up security systems that take x amount of turns depending on the number of hackers you have, and they could also perform offensive functions like launching attacks from another nation or detonating missiles in a country, or preventing missile launch and attack capablities. The success of these attacks can be offset by the number of hackers in a country as well as any security measures already set up.

• Upvote 1

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Signature_zpsa64bf97d.jpg

Pretty sure they have quite a bunch of missiles back then in WW2. Stalin and friends had a lot of fun with those, and not even mentioning V2 rockets a certain funny-mustached man once had.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding out what's the difference with the hacker system you guys described with the old spies we have, other than requiring a whole new project like stetonic said up there. Are you sure the supposedly new function can't be just crammed into the spies' job description, rather than introducing a whole new mechanism that barely does anything new?

UedhRvY.png

A spy can destroy a missile at a high cost and a low percentage but a hacker could delay a missile launch.Which could give you the extra turn or 2 you need to finish the war.It could just add an extra element to the war system

Pretty sure they have quite a bunch of missiles back then in WW2. Stalin and friends had a lot of fun with those, and not even mentioning V2 rockets a certain funny-mustached man once had.

Also, I'm having a hard time finding out what's the difference with the hacker system you guys described with the old spies we have, other than requiring a whole new project like stetonic said up there. Are you sure the supposedly new function can't be just crammed into the spies' job description, rather than introducing a whole new mechanism that barely does anything new?

I think the main difference (at least in my scenario) is that hackers would bring an element of preparation, not just by having hackers, but upgrading systems and shit so that you dont get !@#$ed over. Hackers could have the chance to !@#$ up your command and control as well which is different than just spies destroying shit.

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Signature_zpsa64bf97d.jpg