7/27/2015 - Orbis Baseball League

Alex

I really like this. However, at least for me, some team's logos are page-breakingly huge -- is there any way to make them smaller? The Google logo for the first team destroys the page, and tbh even the default baseball picture seems a little large.

cmpunksig.png

Commissioner of WWF

• Administrators

I really like this. However, at least for me, some team's logos are page-breakingly huge -- is there any way to make them smaller? The Google logo for the first team destroys the page, and tbh even the default baseball picture seems a little large.

Try an F5 refresh, they should be scaled down automatically by your browser.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Who says you're going to play those teams?

Players get old and retire, and you have to keep pouring more money into your team to keep them at the top. But if you want a good team, you've got to pay for it. There's no special reason you have to have the best team, and if you don't want to invest money, you don't have to. OBL has no bearing on the rest of the game, you can abstain from it entirely if you'd like.

There is a reason why salaries of MLS players (giving example with soccer here) are capped, unlike in Europe where any rich kid from the middle east can buy a team and turn it upside down. Then it's no longer a sport, but a fame contest for who will have the best team. At the moment this OBL thing is an obvious money sinking scheme and provides no opportunity for players to reach the top of the chart without spending millions of game currency, while the top should be able to be reached by spending a lot of time playing and without spending tons of money. It doesn't seem possible at the moment.

Furthermore, when I look at the chart, there are 8 players with rating of 100. This means that no team can be the best. What's the point of playing a game where you cannot be the best? It might be fun for a while, but when you realise it, you'll want your money back :P

People say that you've created a very good simulation for the sport. You've already acknowledged that it's easier to do for baseball than for other sports but nevertheless bravo for that. But I think you could have done better in terms of business modelling of how nations can invest into OBL teams without creating a pay-to-win scenario - something you've stated on numerous occasions that PnW is not. 

tl;dr you say all the time that this game (PnW) isn't a pay-to-win game, but in the same time you introduce a 100% pay-to-win module (game in the game). Where is the logic?

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

• Administrators

There is a reason why salaries of MLS players (giving example with soccer here) are capped, unlike in Europe where any rich kid from the middle east can buy a team and turn it upside down. Then it's no longer a sport, but a fame contest for who will have the best team. At the moment this OBL thing is an obvious money sinking scheme and provides no opportunity for players to reach the top of the chart without spending millions of game currency, while the top should be able to be reached by spending a lot of time playing and without spending tons of money. It doesn't seem possible at the moment.

Furthermore, when I look at the chart, there are 8 players with rating of 100. This means that no team can be the best. What's the point of playing a game where you cannot be the best? It might be fun for a while, but when you realise it, you'll want your money back :P

People say that you've created a very good simulation for the sport. You've already acknowledged that it's easier to do for baseball than for other sports but nevertheless bravo for that. But I think you could have done better in terms of business modelling of how nations can invest into OBL teams without creating a pay-to-win scenario - something you've stated on numerous occasions that PnW is not. 

tl;dr you say all the time that this game (PnW) isn't a pay-to-win game, but in the same time you introduce a 100% pay-to-win module (game in the game). Where is the logic?

Well, to address your first bolded point, I guess we disagree. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to have the best baseball team if you spend enough money. 

To address your second bolded point, you are correct. No team can be the best. There can be some really, really good teams, but no unbeatable ones. In every tournament or match, there's always a chance that your opponent can lose, no matter how good they are. That's a good thing, imo.

Lastly, how is the baseball addition pay to win? When we talk about pay-to-win, we're talking real-life currency: as in, whoever spends the most money wins the game. I go through painstaking efforts to make sure people can't just unload $1,000 and make their alliance the greatest in the world.

As it stands, there is nothing specifically pay-to-win about baseball. You could buy credits, redeem them for cash, and then spend that on your baseball team, I suppose, but you're still limited there just like with anything else.

Having the players be trainable by spending cash doesn't make it "pay-to-win" in the harmful sense. Baseball is an entirely optional, non-essential facet of the game, that you could completely ignore if you'd like. Doesn't mean others can't have fun spending money trying to have the best teams.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't think you understand what pay-to-win is. It is paying real money to get an advantage. Not in-game money. Going by your logic, any game with any type of currency is pay to win. Even SimCity (1989 version). 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jax locked this topic