7/27/2015 - Orbis Baseball League

Alex

• Administrators

SO HOW DO THE PLAYERS AGE!!!???? WOULD BE VERY USEFUL TO KNOW HOW LONG THE STATS LASTS :)

Let me add that to the OP.

But to answer your question: Players age slightly faster than in-game time, at a rate of 7 days to every 1 in-game day. That's 7 days per 2 hours, or 140 days every real-life day. An 18 year old player would last for ~95 RL days, and a 30 year old player would last for ~43 RL days.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

What's the point of playing, when some teams have already maxed out their players' skills to 100? It's obviously a pay-for-win thing, which is something I have 0 intention of being part of.

Sport is meant to be fair and square, and apparently this isn't the situation here.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

What's the point of playing, when some teams have already maxed out their players' skills to 100? It's obviously a pay-for-win thing, which is something I have 0 intention of being part of.

Sport is meant to be fair and square, and apparently this isn't the situation here.

I'm going to assume that as the infrastructure improves, teams will be matched more equally.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

Of course it's pay (in-game money) to win. The whole game is.... I think.... Perhaps I was mislead somewhere.

• Upvote 3

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

• Administrators

Who says you're going to play those teams?

Players get old and retire, and you have to keep pouring more money into your team to keep them at the top. But if you want a good team, you've got to pay for it. There's no special reason you have to have the best team, and if you don't want to invest money, you don't have to. OBL has no bearing on the rest of the game, you can abstain from it entirely if you'd like.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't really agree with it implementing into game mechanics because It really just becomes a Baseball community, and not War or Politics. FOFA was fine, but this is a little too much.

Not really, since it is highly unprofitable. Anyone who comes here just for baseball will be disappointed that they:

-Can't beat teams who already maxed out their stats

-Won't get enough money to get a competent baseball team without playing actual PaW

-Won't be able to live purely off of baseball

I think it would have been a little cooler to see FOFA become an in game add on, instead of baseball.

I think Sheepy wanted that to remain more player oriented. In another game, the creator never added banks because he liked player-made banks. (You could only accumulate 20% of your GDP, but you could hold all the money that was given to you.) So this one guy made a multi, who posed as a legitimate bank. After a few months, he transferred all of the billions that the multi was holding into his legitimate country. 

Can we get the option to use spies to sabatoge other nation's baseball teams? Just, you know... because.

North Oman officially supports. We are preparing suicide vests for when this is added. 

Who says you're going to play those teams?

I've played at least 3 so far. Also, I think the loss counter is still broken. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

It says that you can increase all your players stat at the same time by clicking the red buttion but it's just increasing one player's stats for me.

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I think Sheepy wanted that to remain more player oriented. In another game, the creator never added banks because he liked player-made banks. (You could only accumulate 20% of your GDP, but you could hold all the money that was given to you.) So this one guy made a multi, who posed as a legitimate bank. After a few months, he transferred all of the billions that the multi was holding into his legitimate country.

But football (soccer) is the most popular sport in the world. So I imagine it would generate more interest. I doubt most people come on these forums.

But either way, it's cool I guess.

It says that you can increase all your players stat at the same time by clicking the red buttion but it's just increasing one player's stats for me.

It says you can "train in bulk".

Drip, drip, drop

God damn it, now my noobs are spending their money on their baseball team and not infra.

Curse you Sheepy

Oh what's that? Sorry, I'm just spending all my money on this.

But football (soccer) is the most popular sport in the world. So I imagine it would generate more interest.

I doubt most people come on these forums.

You are probably correct there. Just player-made stuff like FOFA and that alliance growth chart are better off being player-ran. 

You are correct. 

But football (soccer) is the most popular sport in the world. So I imagine it would generate more interest. I doubt most people come on these forums.

But either way, it's cool I guess.

It says you can "train in bulk".

"You can train your players in bulk using the red button"

It's kinda misleading. Also in bulk of what? Cause all it does for me is increase one part of a single players stats.

Say I push the red button on speed for a player. That's the only player stat it increases.

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

"You can train your players in bulk using the red button"

It's kinda misleading. Also in bulk of what? Cause all it does for me is increase one part of a single players stats.

Say I push the red button on speed for a player. That's the only player stat it increases.

You can train all your players in bulk, one at a time, and not as efficiently.

Basically the red button increase your stats 10x the blue one, minus some effectiveness. I believe Sheepy stated it was about 85% as efficient, but it's there for those that don't want to click the blue button 100's of times. The red button is only about 50'ish times. But cost-effectiveness is less.

Did I completely muddy the water now?

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

You can train all your players in bulk, one at a time, and not as efficiently.

Basically the red button increase your stats 10x the blue one, minus some effectiveness. I believe Sheepy stated it was about 85% as efficient, but it's there for those that don't want to click the blue button 100's of times. The red button is only about 50'ish times. But cost-effectiveness is less.

Did I completely muddy the water now?

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation. English isn't my first language.

4nVL9WJ.jpg

No they age until 40 and then you get a new player but my question is how long does it take them to reach their next age? Is it a game year or some other equation?

Forever didnt you know everybody in PnW is immortal?

No they age until 40 and then you get a new player but my question is how long does it take them to reach their next age? Is it a game year or some other equation?

It was in Sheepy's post. 

Players age slightly faster than in-game time, at a rate of 7 days to every 1 in-game day. That's 7 days per 2 hours, or 140 days every real-life day. An 18 year old player would last for ~95 RL days, and a 30 year old player would last for ~43 RL days.

Edited by WISD0MTREE
  • Upvote 2

• Administrators

Usually I like numbers, but the game result is all moon runes to me @.@

I guess this is a good way to spend the time

If you're a baseball noob, you can read through the whole game play by play. After a while you'd probably figure it out :)

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you're a baseball noob, you can read through the whole game play by play. After a while you'd probably figure it out :)

I get the basics but not the details.

Basically a "run" is a score. Not sure where hits come into the score though....

Drip, drip, drop

• Administrators

I get the basics but not the details.

Basically a "run" is a score. Not sure where hits come into the score though....

A google search would probably explain it better, but here's my quick explanation:

The pitcher throws the ball at whoever is batting. If the person batting hits the ball, that's a hit. Depending on how far they hit the ball, how fast they are, and whether or not someone catches the ball, determines where they go.

A typical hit might be a single, where they only run to first base. They then have to wait for someone else to hit to go to second base, and then third, and then to home plate (which adds a point, or run to your team).

That's the absolute minimalist version. Like I said, you could probably find a neat quick explanatory youtube video that would do a better job.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Whats with the captcha. I checked the images and when i get the code thing that has to be copied and pasted into the text box i cant do it. Im using a tablet so im not sure if that is the problem. Cant you just make the captcha an image with numbers or words that have to be copied into the text box to allow us to continue.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Administrators

Whats with the captcha. I checked the images and when i get the code thing that has to be copied and pasted into the text box i cant do it. Im using a tablet so im not sure if that is the problem. Cant you just make the captcha an image with numbers or words that have to be copied into the text box to allow us to continue.

The captcha exists to prevent people from botting the baseball system, which would theoretically earn them large sums of money at no cost or effort to them.

The captcha is a simple google point and click one, after a while you may have to match some pictures, but I've never had to copy and paste anything into a text box before.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic