Arrgh Launches Investigation of Counterfeit Dosh

Ogaden

In very few cases do people plan on getting rolled. Besides that, if you were checking the forums as well as the drama related to your alliance, you should have had a clear clue that people were considering going after your alliance for the hacking incident.

I did understand that Terradoxia could be on the hit list, but I didn't expect it to come that soon. As mentioned, I even spoke with ELPINCHAZO about it just a couple days ago. And, again, we were only perhaps three days away from making the new alliance.

Second, you're not being raided; you're being rolled, it's a whole different ball game. If you actually bothered to read the DoW you're being attacked over the hacking issue, not being raided for resources, no matter what you might think. I can imagine asking Arrgh or Mensa or whoever is attacking you to take it easy on you, but I definitely wouldn't mention stealing from the bank; it's like telling people to kill your children and spare you instead, even if it works, people will be grossly disgusted at you and it will limit your future freedom of action.

Whatever you call the war, the goal of it is to get money. Otherwise the attackers wouldn't waste their time burning up resources. And I did ask for them to take it easy; Ogaden himself said he would be willing to allow our group to leave safely when I spoke with him earlier. But again, I figured that the idea behind the war would be to gain money, and therefore that was a solution that came to mind. Especially since Dan77 told me that he would just "beige me as painlessly as possible," which to me sounds more like "I'll just keep going so I can get your treasure," I didn't have much of an alternative than to offer the only sort of incentive I could think of.

Grossly disgusted, perhaps. But I was acting in an unfamiliar situation and doing what I thought might help protect my group.

Third, you're still a Terradoxia member (or at least was, before you got kicked out). Your group did not see fit to leave before the war started, and as part of the social contract inherent in your alliance, you are expected to fight for the alliance. In social games like these, until you have left the alliance and severed your ties, your primary loyalty should be to your alliance, instead of being to your clique; when these cliques form they usually end up being a huge cancer in major alliances as they fill up government positions over politics instead of merit and end up creating huge intra-alliance drama.

Just because I was in Terradoxia does not mean I am loyal to it. I was only there because I didn't have any reason to move until the new alliance was ready, and the same went for the rest of our group. Therefore I had no interest in fighting for the alliance.

Now, the two ways to go from it is to see whether or not any of your contacts (and this is after you got leaked on forums for offering to rob your bank to bribe your attackers) would be willing to intercede on your behalf, or just to fight it through with Terradoxia, try to reclaim some of the honor you lost, then leave post-war. I'm doubtful whether the first case will work after this posting.

We will have to see about that first part. I have no interest in defending an alliance to which I have no loyalty. I have already contacted VE's leadership and even explained this forum situation to them in case they had not seen it.

In short, it might seem like a dishonorable and foolish act to you, and I would probably agree with the first adjective, but you must realize that we have been working hard for a long time for this new alliance to emerge. I formed the group in the first place, and therefore it is my job to make sure everyone in that group is accounted for and protected. Offering robbed bank money is not honorable, but it is the only option I had to secure safe passage for my comrades.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

The bad part is, I literally messaged every top nation in Terradoxia that TEst was going to hit them, and they laughed at me and told me I was stupid.

Ah well. Enjoy your war.

Meh, we would probably have believe you if you haven't put "abandon TDX, go join US" at the bottom of the message :P

Gaius popping up later saying he has everything with tEst under control didn't help either.

And besides, you're Kastor >.>

Initial Thoughts After Exposure:

1. I am personally owning up to the cheating situation. (Just me, not the rest of the alliance.) I missed the evidence, I was out of town. Myself and a friend of mine have developed a spreadsheet that catches cheating as soon as it happens. It won't happen again on my watch.

2. Kudos to Arrgh for taking the step to even the Orbis playing field. I was wondering if anyone would actually care enough and take serious what Sheepy said. Good luck and may the more prepared alliance win.

3. Wow TEst. Welcome to the investigation. Maybe you should let the alliance with the guts to actually attack take care of it, instead of just jumping in for potential loot, which you won't find.

4. Seriously Gaius? Planning on ditching us right as this started eh? I knew you were planning on going, I just didn't know you were going to leave right as we got in more trouble. Also, not saying anything about the cheating to admins? Isn't that a rule violation? Where's Sheepy? Hmmm..... Also, your plan to take the bank wouldn't have worked. Heinrich Dahler had no access to the bank. Further, if you did, you just would've gotten yourself in more trouble with the community. Now that you've been labeled dishonorable, good luck getting into any alliance. You tried. 

Will Golay

Brotherhood of the Clouds Deputy Minister of Economics

<Kyubey>: bush did 7 11
<Kyubey>: slurpees can't melt steel beams

The bad part is, I literally messaged every top nation in Terradoxia that TEst was going to hit them, and they laughed at me and told me I was stupid.

Ah well. Enjoy your war.

Well to be fair at the time you told them it was a joke, with no intention of actually going to war. Phiney just wanted to see them waste $$ on building up so he had someone leak info to you knowing you'd run and tell them right away. Thanks, you performed as expected ;)

Edited by ELPINCHAZO
  • Upvote 2

Initial Thoughts After Exposure:

3. Wow TEst. Welcome to the investigation. Maybe you should let the alliance with the guts to actually attack take care of it, instead of just jumping in for potential loot, which you won't find.

We coordinated with our Pirate brothers beforehand. ;)

Ogaden can confirm.

Edited by ELPINCHAZO

Can confirm TEst was invited to the party :v

Well in that case, good for you too. Didn't have any way of knowing that. 

Will Golay

Why don't they declare war on us officially?

What do they fear?

Please make them to join the party officially instead of hiding :)

please read this thread,it appears you haven't.

please read this thread,it appears you haven't.

you don't declare war on a single post within a full-spammed thread.

You declare war on your own thread. With your own text, with your own declaration.

But well, didn't expect much from you ;)

TEst officially reserves its right to declare war, leave wars, or surrender as part of other people's threads. If TEst is doing something war-related and you can't find a thread, you must search all posts made by TEst government members in order to find the relevant posting. If you have a problem with it, DoW on them for not posting DoW threads, preferably in some other alliance's alliance announcement thread instead.

That said, their DoW is on either the first or second page of this thread. Go find it.

Edited by Inst

you don't declare war on a single post within a full-spammed thread.

You declare war on your own thread. With your own text, with your own declaration.

But well, didn't expect much from you ;)

Damn son, you just gonna take that?

Will Golay

Seriously Gaius? Planning on ditching us right as this started eh? I knew you were planning on going, I just didn't know you were going to leave right as we got in more trouble. Also, not saying anything about the cheating to admins? Isn't that a rule violation? Where's Sheepy? Hmmm..... Also, your plan to take the bank wouldn't have worked. Heinrich Dahler had no access to the bank. Further, if you did, you just would've gotten yourself in more trouble with the community. Now that you've been labeled dishonorable, good luck getting into any alliance. You tried.

I didn't even know this was going to happen. We were planning on leaving peacefully and asking for a portion of our tax money to be returned to us; we're "ditching" so quickly because an unexpected war came up, and we did not want to be part of it.

About not saying anything to the admins, perhaps you forget I was the only member of Terradoxia who helped with the investigation of last187 in early June. So yes, I did say something to the admins. I'm afraid you did not.

Heinrich Dahler did indeed have access to the bank, as he was an Officer, and bank access for Officers was recently restored in TDX. What he had planned to do was remove about the amount we had contributed in taxes, since we obviously weren't going to have the chance to ask for it thanks to this war (think that sounds doubtful, ask around; I believe I mentioned. And given that we would have had at least a moderate amount of funds, I thought that might be a possible way to dissuade Dan77 from being more greedy than he already was. As mentioned, that was the only way I had thought of, and given that a new alliance has basically no resources, we would not have been able to recover very quickly from major war damage. Therefore it was important for the attacks on our group of nations to be resolved quickly, and I offered the only possibility I could. Whether it happened or not is now irrelevant.

Regarding my being labeled "dishonorable," perhaps. But my honor comes after the well-being of my comrades in a situation like this. And in a very risky situation where you are trying to organize and coordinate the safe exit of a group of nations, and contact different attackers and your own people, as well as possible protectors to find assistance, it is very difficult to think of other ways of ending a war.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

Well to be fair at the time you told them it was a joke, with no intention of actually going to war. Phiney just wanted to see them waste $$ on building up so he had someone leak info to you knowing you'd run and tell them right away. Thanks, you performed as expected ;)

*tips hat*

Pleasure to be of service.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Okay Elly, it's time to be quiet and stop attracting so much attention to us, we got enough trouble already *drag Elly away*

iam not your dog bro ;)

I've my very own minds, you like it, or you don't.

And i can't take an alliance serious, which fears to declare war officially.

But for now, we all got it.

Your "official" war declarion is hided in this thread. So you're official in, and yea - Good luck  :-)

I didn't even know this was going to happen. We were planning on leaving peacefully and asking for a portion of our tax money to be returned to us; we're "ditching" so quickly because an unexpected war came up, and we did not want to be part of it.

About not saying anything to the admins, perhaps you forget I was the only member of Terradoxia who helped with the investigation of last187 in early June. So yes, I did say something to the admins. I'm afraid you did not.

Heinrich Dahler did indeed have access to the bank, as he was an Officer, and bank access for Officers was recently restored in TDX. What he had planned to do was remove about the amount we had contributed in taxes, since we obviously weren't going to have the chance to ask for it thanks to this war (think that sounds doubtful, ask around; I believe I mentioned. And given that we would have had at least a moderate amount of funds, I thought that might be a possible way to dissuade Dan77 from being more greedy than he already was. As mentioned, that was the only way I had thought of, and given that a new alliance has basically no resources, we would not have been able to recover very quickly from major war damage. Therefore it was important for the attacks on our group of nations to be resolved quickly, and I offered the only possibility I could. Whether it happened or not is now irrelevant.

Regarding my being labeled "dishonorable," perhaps. But my honor comes after the well-being of my comrades in a situation like this. And in a very risky situation where you are trying to organize and coordinate the safe exit of a group of nations, and contact different attackers and your own people, as well as possible protectors to find assistance, it is very difficult to think of other ways of ending a war.

You were going to be a part of it, even if you did leave early. As you very well know, there was an expressed dissatisfaction with TDX from you previous to this. This, in addition to a few poaching attempts (tiggera, who's now been eaten by Rose, never to be seen again), led to a negative opinion from many in TDX. We would have kept you in the alliance, however after the leak, you were kicked. Either way, you would have been involved, fighting for us, or against us. You stayed long enough to be for us, I suppose.

In early June, I was out of town. You know this, because I did not reply to any messages you or anyone else in the alliance sent to me. I had limited international data, and I had to use it for business, real life, purposes. I know I didn't, and that's why. Even so, you didn't say a word to TDX leadership warning them of the threat.

If you had the chance to ask, you would have been paying us. A while ago, you had received a grant for $8 million. This was to be your "leaving money," however you never went. So, anything you had not paid from that time was to be due to us. Luckily you just pissed us off enough to kick you out and not retrieve any of that money. It's also not my fault you couldn't think of another plan. I am not responsible for your shortcomings.

You are labeled dishonorable. It's a fact. Let's just hope VE Orbis' side of things and does the right thing.

• Upvote 1

Will Golay