Arrgh Launches Investigation of Counterfeit Dosh

Ogaden

What choice do you think our group has? We have no resources, nor money, and no bloody military left, and we don't want to fight for Terradoxia either.

This isn't some scrappy excuse, it has been in planning for weeks now. We have been negotiating with MoonPie and Viridian Entente for about two weeks, and I even spoke privately with ELPINCHAZO about my grievances towards Terradoxia. We even spoke with Belisarius, Kim-Jong-Il and Arthur James.

Perhaps you would like to be in this situation.

I can confirm that a few were thinking about leaving before this broke out and they were looking for a protector.

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I can confirm that a few were thinking about leaving before this broke out and they were looking for a protector.

Thank you, Keegoz.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

So you're not running away because this is happening now, but you're running away because you suspected this would happen now. Check.

No..?

We were planning to leave because we were not happy with the way Terradoxia was run. We were looking for a protecting alliance because, in order to create a new alliance, you must be secure from raids.

If you ask Belisarius, or Kim-Jong-Il, or MoonPie, or the others I negotiated with, I mentioned nothing to them about fearing an alliance-rolling. The purpose of this was to create a new alliance with different ideals and leadership from Terradoxia, and to find a sponsoring alliance for defense.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

Well you should be rolled for planning to steal the bank.

That bit wasn't even my idea, I simply mentioned it to Nirvana to get him to lay off our group so we could actually leave, since clearly it's not safe to stay in Terradoxia while we finish agreeing on the details of the new alliance.

That bit wasn't even my idea, I simply mentioned it to Nirvana to get him to lay off our group so we could actually leave, since clearly it's not safe to stay in Terradoxia while we finish agreeing on the details of the new alliance.

>wasn't my idea

>I simply mentioned it

>mfw 439.gif

• Upvote 2
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

Excalibur engaging hostiles ;)

That's not what you said.

That's why we're trying to hurry it up, because we had expected we'd be able to leave and set up the new alliance without complications like being caught in an alliance-rolling.

The offering of bank money is absolutely insane, by the way.

Any protector who might have been willing to take you in or offer a protectorate will now have second thoughts not only because you were looking to ditch your alliance within 24 hours of start of war, but you were also offering to steal the alliance bank to get your attackers to go away.

Don't mention who else was involved in your scheme, because while your own name is associated with this display of rampant perfidy and stupidity, you don't have to tar anyone else. Call your allies, find out who remains most congenial to you and might be willing to negotiate on your behalf to get you out early, but expect to be stuck for at least some time and to actually have to fight the war.

That's not what you said.

The offering of bank money is absolutely insane, by the way.

Any protector who might have been willing to take you in or offer a protectorate will now have second thoughts not only because you were looking to ditch your alliance within 24 hours of start of war, but you were also offering to steal the alliance bank to get your attackers to go away.

Don't mention who else was involved in your scheme, because while your own name is associated with this display of rampant perfidy and stupidity, you don't have to tar anyone else. Call your allies, find out who remains most congenial to you and might be willing to negotiate on your behalf to get you out early, but expect to be stuck for at least some time and to actually have to fight the war.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. We didn't PLAN on being caught on an alliance rolling. Which obviously means we weren't leaving because we expected one. We had no idea one was coming.

As for the offering of bank money, again, did I have much choice? I was the primary organizer of this group, and therefore I am responsible for their safety. I'm not a raider and therefore I don't know what would convince a raider to lay off; I understand that offering bank money is rather dark, but I was only trying to find a way to secure the safe exit of myself and my group from Terradoxia.

As for ditching the alliance, have you read a word I've said here? We have been planning this for nearly a month. We simply were not ready to leave yet, and now we're trying to hurry because we basically have to leave.

About that last part, that will remain to be seen. I was doing what I could for my comrades - I have never been in that situation before and therefore was trying to find anything to secure protection and passage for my group.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. We didn't PLAN on being caught on an alliance rolling. Which obviously means we weren't leaving because we expected one. We had no idea one was coming.

As for the offering of bank money, again, did I have much choice? I was the primary organizer of this group, and therefore I am responsible for their safety. I'm not a raider and therefore I don't know what would convince a raider to lay off; I understand that offering bank money is rather dark, but I was only trying to find a way to secure the safe exit of myself and my group from Terradoxia.

As for ditching the alliance, have you read a word I've said here? We have been planning this for nearly a month. We simply were not ready to leave yet, and now we're trying to hurry because we basically have to leave.

About that last part, that will remain to be seen. I was doing what I could for my comrades - I have never been in that situation before and therefore was trying to find anything to secure protection and passage for my group.

In very few cases do people plan on getting rolled. Besides that, if you were checking the forums as well as the drama related to your alliance, you should have had a clear clue that people were considering going after your alliance for the hacking incident.

Second, you're not being raided; you're being rolled, it's a whole different ball game. If you actually bothered to read the DoW you're being attacked over the hacking issue, not being raided for resources, no matter what you might think. I can imagine asking Arrgh or Mensa or whoever is attacking you to take it easy on you, but I definitely wouldn't mention stealing from the bank; it's like telling people to kill your children and spare you instead, even if it works, people will be grossly disgusted at you and it will limit your future freedom of action.

Third, you're still a Terradoxia member (or at least was, before you got kicked out). Your group did not see fit to leave before the war started, and as part of the social contract inherent in your alliance, you are expected to fight for the alliance. In social games like these, until you have left the alliance and severed your ties, your primary loyalty should be to your alliance, instead of being to your clique; when these cliques form they usually end up being a huge cancer in major alliances as they fill up government positions over politics instead of merit and end up creating huge intra-alliance drama.

Now, the two ways to go from it is to see whether or not any of your contacts (and this is after you got leaked on forums for offering to rob your bank to bribe your attackers) would be willing to intercede on your behalf, or just to fight it through with Terradoxia, try to reclaim some of the honor you lost, then leave post-war. I'm doubtful whether the first case will work after this posting.

@Talerong:

You sound more competent than Morgan, albeit that's not saying much. Best of luck.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 1

I'm confused. First they say, "point over there and shoot."

Then someonw says, "if you're pointing at me, don't shoot - I'm not really here."

Tell you what: I'll just keep shooting. Don't approach me from the front if you don't want to get shot.

Edited by Buck Turgidson
  • Upvote 3

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.