Arrgh Launches Investigation of Counterfeit Dosh

Ogaden

Like children the international community shows its intensions, a handful of players use an exploit, they get punished, the alliance (Terradoxia) is willing to give up its funds, dismantle cities, and do whatever is asked of them even though they were unaware of the exploit. And in the end there are alliances out there that act as if they lost their teddy bear and cry for "investigations". I find it amusing, we pay the price of others actions and then we are targeted by...well lets just be honest...cry babies. Such is the Orbis we live in...so sad.

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

Like children the international community shows its intensions, a handful of players use an exploit, they get punished, the alliance (Terradoxia) is willing to give up its funds, dismantle cities, and do whatever is asked of them even though they were unaware of the exploit. And in the end there are alliances out there that act as if they lost their teddy bear and cry for "investigations". I find it amusing, we pay the price of others actions and then we are targeted by...well lets just be honest...cry babies. Such is the Orbis we live in...so sad.

Your Alliance profited from this greatly even if indirectly. What sheepy did was not enough. He even suggested that 'one good war' would set things straight.

Blame the sheep,it was his idea.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who traded with or got goods or money fro last then is guilty by your logic...so lets go through his trade list and see how many people benefitted outside the alliance...I bet there is quite a few.

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

Anyone who traded with or got goods or money fro last then is guilty by your logic...so lets go through his trade list and see how many people benefitted outside the alliance...I bet there is quite a few.

We could go over this for infinity but I believe the point of this is that Orbis is dissatisfied with the result and taking steps to correct that.

Your government instigated an aid system whose chief officer stuffed in hacked money, then your government spent weeks trying to cover it up and talk it away instead of accepting full responsibility of what had happened. When this happens with individuals, sure, I can understand, but governments and alliances should be held to higher levels of accountability. The "I'm a f* brain-damaged ostrich" excuse has worked elsewhere multiple times and the end result is that it just builds a culture of cheating. A decisive and cheap rolling by your fellow players is the best possible option, because the penalty is commensurate with the crime, and because the players are handling it instead of the mods, no one is going to complain "modsR!@#$s" / "biased mods" afterward, preserving the legitimacy of the moderation system.

o7 Arrrgh for being the ones who actually manned up and did something about it.

• Upvote 4

Dear Arrrgh:

Does Arrrgh have a war-time recruitment policy? Like, if people wanted to temporarily ditch their alliance to join in your crusade for wine, women, money, and booze, would you accept them? I obviously can't get involved, but it would be nice to know.

• Upvote 2

Okay, let me get this straight, so just because of some @$%^ up losers whom used to be in our alliance (said person is also banned thank you very much) wants to play god, you decided to roll all of TDX (guilty or not) simply because we're inactive and ignorant even though Sheepy already takes our cities, moneys, infras that was bought with the exploit money?

That is the dumbest cover-up for a raid I've heard so far, what's next? We attack you because Kastor's in there?

Anyone who traded with or got goods or money fro last then is guilty by your logic...so lets go through his trade list and see how many people benefited outside the alliance...I bet there is quite a few.

Don't bother Eugene, you, me and a lot of people here all know a proper discussion is the last thing that will happen on the forum.

Dear Arrrgh:

Does Arrrgh have a war-time recruitment policy? Like, if people wanted to temporarily ditch their alliance to join in your crusade for wine, women, money, and booze, would you accept them? I obviously can't get involved, but it would be nice to know.

Arrgh welcomes all war tourists, though you have to byob

• Upvote 1
tvPWtuA.gif

Nice, following with interest.

With all the talk of CBs with the last war, IMO we have a pretty concrete one here. Lack of punishment being corrected or poor decisions by leadership, either way it's about time some war interjected the borefest of pixel pushing.

Talerong: "we attack you because Kastor's there", stuff like that's happened before in other games, you know?

Also, you had your hacked money taken away, but the money that was earned as a result of the hacked money wasn't taken away. You also should have been more careful with regards to what kind of systems are set up, as well as more cooperative when cheating becomes obvious. Sheepy could have mass-banned / reset you, because the latter is what happened with Ford1972. Instead, he painstakingly removed the hacked money from your accounts, doing forensic work to figure out how much was illegally introduced, and removing each addition one-by-one. That's a lot of work, and if you can get away with it, that's a lot of work that'll happen again in the future.

Have a good fight, get rolled, look sufficiently contrite when the peace negotiations show up, and hopefully get a new start after this war is over.

• Upvote 1

What choice do you think our group has? We have no resources, nor money, and no bloody military left, and we don't want to fight for Terradoxia either.

This isn't some scrappy excuse, it has been in planning for weeks now. We have been negotiating with MoonPie and Viridian Entente for about two weeks, and I even spoke privately with ELPINCHAZO about my grievances towards Terradoxia. We even spoke with Belisarius, Kim-Jong-Il and Arthur James.

Perhaps you would like to be in this situation.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

We were in an even worse situation a couple of months ago.  Nobody offered to split the alliance up and run away with the bank though.

We're not running away because this is happening now. We have been planning to leave for the better part of a full month. That's why we're trying to hurry it up, because we had expected we'd be able to leave and set up the new alliance without complications like being caught in an alliance-rolling.

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png