7/18/2015 - Alliance Banks & Looting

Alex

Sounds good, as usual.

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Why not make it so you can loot everything besides credits? Would also make spying more important if you could make it so you could choose what you steal? So you'd spy them before winning to know what stockpiles to hit?

scSqPGJ.gif

woot P&Wpedia...  looks like some fun times. Super excited for it. Hopefully other players can help you write some articles, Cause there is a lot to this game and plenty I know I still need to learn. 

Well,this will certainly help encourage raiders to step up their A-game. I like it, seems for once out of the last 3 updates at least this one is pretty cool.

Please don't allow entire stockpile looting Sheepy, that would clearly turn p&w into runescape or your average android game cash in. Not to mention the mass flock of people that'd rage quit from having entire stockpiles wiped out and thus their ability to properly conduct warfare.

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

This could change some things in wars, such as making stockpiling refined resource at large number less useful (and making the strategy of "warchest" from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) even more useless) and makes raiding more profitable, thus inciting more wars.

• Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

• Administrators

Well dang... Now I can't stockpile 20k steel >_>

As long as the bank bug is fixed, I guess

Sure you can! But if you get beiged, you'll lose 1,000 of it.

If the bank looting formula hasn't changed, then it should be looting all resources by the same percentage

You are correct. You still can loot additional manufactured resources, as well as raw resources, in the alliance bank loot.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Guess I'll never be able to loot 0.01 uranium from an alliance bank anymore....

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."

• Administrators

Guess I'll never be able to loot 0.01 uranium from an alliance bank anymore....

..why not?

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This just ensures that aggressors will always totally destroy their targets and thus make wars less interesting.  Aggressors already have a huge advantage in this game, which is good as it keeps the politics dynamic (people don't have as much of an incentive to wait for someone else to strike first), keeping alliance banks safe provides a counter-balance to this, which while not sufficient to overcome the advantage that aggressors have (and thus not sufficient to make politics stagnant) is enough to at least give defenders a fighting chance.

sig%20version_zpsb6w1ofwm.png

Check out my blog!  Like its sister in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I will strive to make it a haven for reasonable discussion and interesting takes on various issues.

• Administrators

This just ensures that aggressors will always totally destroy their targets and thus make wars less interesting.  Aggressors already have a huge advantage in this game, which is good as it keeps the politics dynamic (people don't have as much of an incentive to wait for someone else to strike first), keeping alliance banks safe provides a counter-balance to this, which while not sufficient to overcome the advantage that aggressors have (and thus not sufficient to make politics stagnant) is enough to at least give defenders a fighting chance.

I disagree. Making alliance banks safe havens just means that no one will keep anything in their nations (because why risk it, you know?) which means that raiders aren't going to get anything when they attack people, which actually disincentives war and promotes a static, unchanging game. The idea of looting banks isn't intended to give raiders more of an advantage, it's just to prevent people from stockpiling their and having a "safe" that no one can touch.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I disagree. Making alliance banks safe havens just means that no one will keep anything in their nations (because why risk it, you know?) which means that raiders aren't going to get anything when they attack people, which actually disincentives war and promotes a static, unchanging game. The idea of looting banks isn't intended to give raiders more of an advantage, it's just to prevent people from stockpiling their and having a "safe" that no one can touch.

I wasn't talking about raiders, I was talking about the thing that actually drives the game: inter-alliance warfare.  Raiders have a comparably minuscule effect on how dynamic the game is.  Games become stagnant politically for two main reasons: lack of incentive to strike first (thus creating longer and longer periods of peace) and difficulty rebuilding (the harder it is too rebuild the longer periods of peace will be).  This game already takes care of the first one, but it hasn't yet solved for the second. 

sig%20version_zpsb6w1ofwm.png

Check out my blog!  Like its sister in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I will strive to make it a haven for reasonable discussion and interesting takes on various issues.

Pirate Lord Ogaden of Ogaden achieved 6 consecutive ground battle immense triumphs resulting in the immediate surrender of The Fallen ValeThe Fallen Vale lost $10,000.00, 424.00 food, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 coal, and 0.00 oil. The Fallen Vale was changed to the beige color.

Pirate Lord Ogaden of Ogaden achieved 6 consecutive ground battle immense triumphs resulting in the immediate surrender of ArnorArnor lost $10,000.00, 609.00 food, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 coal, and 0.00 oil. Arnor was changed to the beige color.

Shouldn't that be steel, aluminum and munitions?  Also for some reason money loot is capped at 10 grand.

Edited by Ogaden
  • Upvote 1
tvPWtuA.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I've disabled the bank looting again as multiple reports have rolled in about bank resets.

Has it been re-enabled yet?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Jax locked this topic