INSERT EDGY SIGNATURE HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLg83Yodb8&feature=youtu.be

What the hell, I'll take two ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Politics & War Lottery Ticket

Numbers Chosen:  ( 8 )   ( 1 )   ( 3 )

Politics & War Lottery Ticket

Numbers Chosen:  ( 6 )   ( 7 )   ( 2 )

http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

I'm glad you asked! I will explain my math below if anyone has the patience to read through all of it:

At the moment, the pay off ratio for 100,000 is 15,000,000. If you won with 1 ticket, you would be multiplying your money by 15,000% or a 150x times payout (consider a 100% increase from 100k is only 200k, and this is 15 mil). It would be significantly higher than 15,000% if the jackpot increased to say 20, or 25 mil. Anything with a 15,000% increase is going to have low odds. So to answer your question Golen, we are talking about 1/1000 for a chance of a 15,000% payout, which makes perfect sense and I'll explain why with 2 examples below. Now remember this is just with 1 ticket, if you buy 2 tickets, your odds literally double and drastically improve from 1/1000 to 1/500 (or 2/1000) and a third ticket triples your chances, and a fourth ticket quadruples it more and so on and so forth. There are significant, significant increases in your odds with each additional ticket.

And the jackpot is only about 5 days old and at 15 mil. It remains possible it grows to 20 mil, 30mil, or higher in the next few weeks of draws if there is no winner.

I'll explain using 2 examples why the odds have to be low for just 1 ticket.

EXAMPLE: If there was a 5% chance to win the JackPot with 1 ticket:

If it was high, and by 'high' I mean a 5% chance to win the jackpot with just one ticket, you could just buy 10 tickets and have a 50% chance of winning 15 million with only 1 million!!!! Pair up with a friend, cover all the possible combinations, buy 20 tickets, and you would have a 100% chance of winning the 15 mil jackpot with only 2 million dollars worth of tickets at 100k each. At which point its not even a lottery anymore, its "pay 2 mil get 15 mil". In financial terms it would be labelled as 'arbitrage'; making a return on investment with absolutely zero risk.

EXAMPLE: If there was a 1% chance to win the JackPot with 1 ticket:

So you see the individual ticket likelihood of winning has to be low, far lower than 5%. Even a 1% chance per ticket would not make sense. If the ticket limit is 10 per person, 10 people from an alliance could max out their ticket purchases and have a 100% chance of winning the lottery (100 tickets x 1% of winning = 100%). With a 1% chance per ticket, it would take 10 million dollars worth of 100k tickets to have a 100% chance of winning the at least the current 15 mil jackpot. It has now become a 'pay 10 mil get 15 mil' scenario. Now if the JackPot grows to 20m, 25m or higher, then they would be making far more from just 10 mil . Technically, for it to be even considered a lottery you can't have a method of allowing someone a 100% chance of winning the jackpot so easily, which is why the odds per 1 ticket has to be even lower than 1%. UNLESS I significantly cap the amount of tickets one person can buy to like 2 or 3, which would act as a strong deterrent from a group of people ganging up to win the jackpot, but this hurts the regular individual player who can't increase his odds because of low ticket cap.

Now keep in mind the examples I used above was with only a 15 mil JackPot which has accumulated in less than 1 week. In the next few weeks, the JackPot could easily grow more and the examples I used would be even more extreme, i.e. spend '2 mil get 30 mil' arbitrage scenario.

This was my reasoning behind choosing the current odds. I'm just trying to prevent one guy whipping out his calculator, finding some friends, and stealing the whole pot from the rest of you guys.

tl;dr: The key to winning is simply to buy more than 1 ticket. While a singular ticket has really low odds, a second ticket doubles your chances, a third ticket triples your chances, fourth ticket quadruples and the increases are become quite significant. Or you can do an 'office-pool' or an 'alliance-pool' and buy large groups of tickets and then split the winnings afterwards. 

What do you guys think of doing a 'bulk' discount on tickets?

All this being said, I am open to suggestions on what the odds should be before the draw.  If there's something everyone disagrees on, show me the math and if it makes sense I am more than happy to change it!!!!! Please feel free to comment below! =)

What do you guys think? Fair? Unfair? If there is the demand for it, I could turn this into a 'low stakes' lottery where odds of winning are much higher, but jackpot would also be much smaller which is really not as fun as a mega jackpot. 

Edited by martiy
  • Upvote 2

Politics & War Lottery Ticket(s): Six of um

Numbers Chosen:  ( 7 )   (2  )   (6  )

Numbers Chosen:  ( 9 )   (1  )   (7  )

Numbers Chosen:  ( 3 )   (5  )   (10  )

Numbers Chosen:  ( 8 )   (4  )   (6  )

Numbers Chosen:  ( 7 )   (4 )   (6  )

Numbers Chosen:  ( 8)   (2  )   (5 )

ANNOUNCEMENT:

This game is being shut down to due accusations people are making that I could 'rig' the draw numbers (i.e. keep running the random number generator to get the numbers i 'want' to help certain people win, or prevent anyone from winning if I just want to the jackpot to accumulate, and then post this video/screenshot as if it were legitimate numbers). Although I had no intention whatsoever of doing this, there is no way i can prove that this is not going on. Therefore my only option is to shut the game down to protect the reputation of my own name and my alliance's name. Since a 'draw' has not actually occurred yet, this right now is not a problem.

I am offering everyone a 100% refund of whatever they put in. I have begun to message people individually about this.

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Man Why Do People Have To Crap On Everything Fun In This Game.

Because people are naturally jealous people and always look for something bad in others lol

Edited by Ace

~

tumblr_lvdwo8dqCe1qcm0i5o2_r1_250.gif

" Fighting through the Storm "

~

I didn't read too closely all the responses but why don't you choose an official lottery and just use their numbers. Something like the Daily Three and just keep rolling over the prize until someone wins. http://www.calottery.com/play/draw-games/daily-3

• Upvote 1