7/9/2015 - Resolution of the Exploit Situation

Alex

Well I guess you weren't looking at threads on the forums were you?

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6569-potential-multis/

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6567-is-last187-cheating/

You should have asked him about it. The points he was making was clearly BS and yet no Terradoxia people did anything about it. Maybe because you not only trusted him, but knew about it as well. 

Dude, I didn't see these. What the hell else do you want me to say? 

While I can appreciate the enthusiasm that the community has for rooting out the cheaters, this is not the thread for that. If you feel someone has money that they shouldn't due to the exploit, please file a game report. This thread is not about Terradoxia.

• Upvote 3

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Dude, I didn't see these. What the hell else do you want me to say?

what I have a problem with is that last187 sent Terradoxia 100s of millions, and still improve his nation extremely well. I'm not saying you knew about it, but how you couldn't have a suspicion and talk to sheepy when suspicions were made.

I mean seriously, we all know you had doubts.

Edited by Lysandre Mackintosh

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Thanks to Henry and Malone for their help and glad you got it fixed Sheepy!

As to Terradoxia, there is no way they didn't know.  If any of my fellow alliance members shoots up that fast, you bet I'm going to be doing a through investigation and contacting Sheepy, and a lot of other things.  They had to know the reverse tax look-up that would've been the easy way to figure out his income.  From there it would've been simple to figure out if he was cheating or not.  lol 105M a week.

Anyone that read the topic on Last187 and looked through seabasstion's analysis would know he was cheating.  Infra just doesn't scale up like that.  I knew Last187 was trading heavy in the markets, but I also traded like a madman.  I bought one city with it and infra and I thought I made a killing.  Last187 bought 10,000+ of high priced infra, lol.

• Upvote 5

I can't prove/disprove that they knew or not. I've removed about as much exploited money as I can (which was a considerable amount from nations in the alliance Terradoxia). Honestly, I think if anyone is that concerned about them having an advantage, it's within the means of the game mechanics to address it. One solid war would probably put them and everyone else back on a level playing field.

wow.  Let me translate this for everyone.  Sheepy is asking us to declare on Terradoxia, and admitting that they are not on a level playing field with other alliances due to the exploit.  

No other proof or windy rhetoric from Terradoxia members or the rest of the community is necessary.  Rise up.    

• Upvote 1

I can't prove/disprove that they knew or not. I've removed about as much exploited money as I can (which was a considerable amount from nations in the alliance Terradoxia). Honestly, I think if anyone is that concerned about them having an advantage, it's within the means of the game mechanics to address it. One solid war would probably put them and everyone else back on a level playing field.

I think we should do that

• Administrators

wow.  Let me translate this for everyone.  Sheepy is asking us to declare on Terradoxia, and admitting that they are not on a level playing field with other alliances due to the exploit.  

No other proof or windy rhetoric from Terradoxia members or the rest of the community is necessary.  Rise up.    

I think that they probably benefited most from the exploit (directly and indirectly) but they also suffered the most from it being caught.

I would never attempt to be involved in alliance politics so as to suggest you all roll Terradoxia. I was simply stating that, in my opinion, after the next big war (assuming Terradoxia is involved) any benefit or advantage that may remain from the aftermath of the database breach would likely no longer exist. But what you [the players] do is completely up to you. It's not my place to influence events or do anything other than manage the game.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 3 years later...

From 2015:

On 7/9/2015 at 7:25 PM, Alex said:

As for those who abused this exploit or knowingly received funds, we will continue to root you out and remove you from this community. The exploit may be fixed, but our investigation is not over, and we will continue to catch and reprimand the abusers. It's only a matter of time before you're caught - if you enjoy playing Politics & War and participated in this abuse I strongly recommend you come forward and turn yourself in immediately. A number of players have been banned and removed from the game already, along with quite a bit of spawned resources and cash. Like I said in my other post, we can't get rid of it all, but it's spread so thin and the economy of the game is so dynamic that the effects of the exploit will dissipate quickly over time. I'm looking forward to a new era of exploit-free Politics & War! Keep on enjoying the game, guys!

And from the other 2015 thread:

The players that are behind the exploit are the likes of Sith/Pol Pot, Ghost (who was banned some time ago, though I left his nation in an effort to entice him to divulge information about the exploit to me), Death, and NMA. There are others, such as Last187, that have been receptacles of some of the spawned cash. He has been banned as well. Let me make it clear right now, that I will track down anyone who has conspired with the cheaters, and they shall be banned and removed from the game, forever.

My, how the times have changed. And how deep the graves have been dug. Oops. ;)

Edited by WISD0MTREE
  • Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

35 minutes ago, Malleator said:

Isn't the modern day exploit even worse in magnitude? 

Yes, it was more and it's the actual game. IIRC, this was before the speedround, so everything was reset.

34 minutes ago, Horsecock said:

Goddamn necrophiles...

Everyone's got a skeleton in their closet. ;)

Edited by WISD0MTREE
  • Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Malleator said:

Isn't the modern day exploit even worse in magnitude?

No.

The exploit mentioned in this topic wasn't an exploit - it was a direct hacking of the game and far, far more malicious in nature.

This thread is being locked as it's quite old and didn't need to be gravedug.

• Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic