7/9/2015 - Resolution of the Exploit Situation

Alex

Congrats to Sheepy and Malone for finally getting rid of the exploit, and thanks Henry for helping - are you redeeming yourself? Anyways, no disses. Congrats and thanks!

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Well there you have it. I sent a message to Sheepy just to be sure and to be honest.

Hey Sheepy!

I've noticed you posting all of your messages on the forum lately so I guess I have somewhat of a unsure confession to make.

I received around 7.5 million dollars from Terradoxia in growth programs and etc. since I joined Terradoxia a month ago. I received around a 2.5 million dollar grant for city building purposes in Early June and a 5 million dollar grant for military purposes in late June. This is if we're talking cash.

Also, I do understand that Morgan, leader of my alliance Terradoxia, requested Last187 who is now banned, to fund the alliance growth program. Obviously, he and maybe even some other banned people in Terradoxia put funds in the bank to help Terradoxia grow and we accepted that money without knowing where it came from. 

However, at the time we did not know that Last187‘s money was coming in illegally - I thought it perfectly normal for a nation to be able to make so much as even I make a million a day without expenses. Also, he never mentioned this to us - the people in on the exploit were very secret about it, obviously.

I have no idea whether this 7.5 million dollars I received was legitimate money or "exploited money". However, I do know that I feel quite guilty of having been possibly involved in this and ruining the game to an extent - and I apologize for that if I have caused you and the community any trouble with my possible legit, possibly exploited money. 

I am willing to make some type of repayment back to you and P&W to correct things. I can save up money and pay a amount requested by you. I would prefer not having my infrastructure, military, etc removed but seeing as I built some of that with the possibly exploited money if you want for that to be removed then I am perfectly fine and willing to accept that as well.

I understand that you work hard to make the game awesome and stuff and I am willing to do my part to make it better.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Eric
PM of Canada
CC Delos 2, DMoD Terradoxia
  • Upvote 6

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Well there you have it. I sent a message to Sheepy just to be sure and to be honest.

Hey Sheepy!

I've noticed you posting all of your messages on the forum lately so I guess I have somewhat of a unsure confession to make.

I received around 7.5 million dollars from Terradoxia in growth programs and etc. since I joined Terradoxia a month ago. I received around a 2.5 million dollar grant for city building purposes in Early June and a 5 million dollar grant for military purposes in late June. This is if we're talking cash.

Also, I do understand that Morgan, leader of my alliance Terradoxia, requested Last187 who is now banned, to fund the alliance growth program. Obviously, he and maybe even some other banned people in Terradoxia put funds in the bank to help Terradoxia grow and we accepted that money without knowing where it came from. 

However, at the time we did not know that Last187‘s money was coming in illegally - I thought it perfectly normal for a nation to be able to make so much as even I make a million a day without expenses. Also, he never mentioned this to us - the people in on the exploit were very secret about it, obviously.

I have no idea whether this 7.5 million dollars I received was legitimate money or "exploited money". However, I do know that I feel quite guilty of having been possibly involved in this and ruining the game to an extent - and I apologize for that if I have caused you and the community any trouble with my possible legit, possibly exploited money. 

I am willing to make some type of repayment back to you and P&W to correct things. I can save up money and pay a amount requested by you. I would prefer not having my infrastructure, military, etc removed but seeing as I built some of that with the possibly exploited money if you want for that to be removed then I am perfectly fine and willing to accept that as well.

I understand that you work hard to make the game awesome and stuff and I am willing to do my part to make it better.

Eric
PM of Canada

you are great.

• Upvote 3

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

It is Cirrus policy to freeze the accounts of anyone found guilty of cheating.  Last187 had over 95 million dollars invested with Cirrus.  I am more than happy to assist Sheepy by keeping all of this money for myself.

loljk he withdrew it all except like 3 mil.

Do you want the 3 mil, Sheepy?

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

• Administrators

So will alliances who received massive amounts of cash for resources and vice versa be seeing a rollback too? Or are they basically immune from this unless there's proof that they "knowingly" accepted the money?

Unfortunately that never really got answered other than a vague "well technically there was an exchange of goods"....even though those goods were ill gotten

There was a fair chunk of money spawned into the game, but the effect has been mostly minimal due to the nature of how the exploiters operated. They spawned money in their nations and bought up expensive trade offers in an attempt to funnel money to certain individuals and alliances. The result of that is that even though some people got exploit money, they traded their resources for it.

A number of nations have been removed, and contained within them were very large sums of both resources and cash. While some people got good deals on their trade offers, it wasn't pure benefit - they did lose their resources. That means that even if you received $1,000,000 from an exploiting nation, you probably traded them X amount of resources, so you didn't just "gain" $1,000,000 exploited money. The actual value increase would've been significantly less than that.

So to answer your question, in obvious instances of money being funneled to an alliance or player for free, we'll do what we can to root that money out. Where it just seems that resources were bought at marginally above market prices, there's not a lot to be done.

EDIT: I'm on mobile so I'll address some more of these concerns a little later.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

EDIT: I'm on mobile so I'll address some more of these concerns a little later.

What's that, Sheepy?  You want me to KEEP the three mil as compensation for your disastrous spy changes and subsequent foot dragging costing BoC millions?  Well, if you say so...

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Henry just wants to make sure the spotlight remains on him when he's hoarding loads of cash from "legit" stealing of banks.  No need for some exploiter getting the attention from their dirty spawning money.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

so those brutal-force hackers are not from PRC and Soviet themselves? It must be the exposure of killing those counter-intelligence.

Laughed at brutal-force.

Good job sheepy, malone and... Henry? What a turn up for the books.

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

Glad it didn't take you longer. I hope others won't try more sophisticated hacks now that they've seen that one has been so successful...

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Hey Sheepy!

Eric
PM of Canada

So you mean to tell us, 

That the saintly government of Terradoxia, who denied ever using Lasts money to bank roll growth programs in Terradoxia, Actually did use Last's money to bank roll growth in the alliance? Joy, and since we witnessed the mass armament of nuclear weapons being amassed on the terradoxia AA; We can assume that was a growth program handled by Terradoxia.

The fact that Terradoxia was running these growth programs, with Last as Minister of Foreign Affairs, means that someone else had to be pointing the money in the proper direction. Which means more of the terradoxia government had to be participating then they would like to openly admit. 

When the initial thread came around about Last cheating, I know terradoxia stayed the hell out of it. A thread that got so manys attention though, could have not gone un-noticed. 

I would like this addressed, as I have been watching a lot of scary growth come from Terradoxia over the last two months; It had to be 10's of millions of this exploit money being funneled into the alliance.(If not 100's of millions, nations where going to 2k infra per city then developing nukes a week later)

Also Thank you to all parties who found and identified the exploit

Jacob

Edited by Jacob Hanson
  • Upvote 2

So you mean to tell us, 

That the saintly government of Terradoxia, who denied ever using Lasts money to bank roll growth programs in Terradoxia, Actually did use Last's money to bank roll growth in the alliance? Joy, and since we witnessed the mass armament of nuclear weapons being amassed on the terradoxia AA; We can assume that was a growth program handled by Terradoxia.

The fact that Terradoxia was running these growth programs, with Last as Minister of Foreign Affairs, means that someone else had to be pointing the money in the proper direction. Which means more of the terradoxia government had to be participating then they would like to openly admit. 

When the initial thread came around about Last cheating, I know terradoxia stayed the hell out of it. A thread that got so manys attention though, could have not gone un-noticed. 

I would like this addressed, as I have been watching a lot of scary growth come from Terradoxia over the last two months; It had to be 10's of millions of this exploit money being funneled into the alliance.(If not 100's of millions, nations where going to 2k infra per city then developing nukes a week later)

Also Thank you to all parties who found and identified the exploit

Jacob

No, I've acknowledged clearly that I asked Last187 to fund a growth program using his income funds. Never was I nor the others aware he was receiving exploited funds. 

No, I've acknowledged clearly that I asked Last187 to fund a growth program using his income funds. Never was I nor the others aware he was receiving exploited funds. 

Seriously?  Who the !@#$ makes that much money?  How can you say this with a straight face?

• Upvote 1

Priest of Dio

Last187 informed me that he made $105M weekly (I have proof of this and our other conversations as well). Over the course of this program that it was in place for one month, Last produced ~$420M and had whatever money he had prior the beginning of the program. As another member in the community stated, he sent ~$200M to our bank during this time period. During that time period, I did not see any discrepancies. 

Surely you would realise that isn't true. He didn't have anywhere near double my infra and I was making 5 mil a day... Simply asking of others for what they made should have made you vastly question that claim.

• Upvote 5
T7Vrilp.png

The gullibility and/or incompetency of certain individuals aside, I'm happy to see a positive conclusion to this whole affair. Plus the administration team finally got expanded, which I have no doubt will make things a lot more stable and streamlined. :)

post-19582-anchorman-GIF-jump-in-air-cel

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

Last187 informed me that he made $105M weekly (I have proof of this and our other conversations as well). Over the course of this program that it was in place for one month, Last produced ~$420M and had whatever money he had prior the beginning of the program. As another member in the community stated, he sent ~$200M to our bank during this time period. During that time period, I did not see any discrepancies. 

you can easily reverse what his income is from the taxes generated per player.

I was for a while keeping logs of the estimated revenue of TEst members so I could see what nations were doing poorly.

So,please tell us how your growth program worked if you never even took the time to peer at the numbers.

• Upvote 3

you can easily reverse what his income is from the taxes generated per player.

I was for a while keeping logs of the estimated revenue of TEst members so I could see what nations were doing poorly.

So,please tell us how your growth program worked if you never even took the time to peer at the numbers.

We will do so in our report that will be released. 

Surely you would realise that isn't true. He didn't have anywhere near double my infra and I was making 5 mil a day... Simply asking of others for what they made should have made you vastly question that claim.

I didn't have a reason to cross-check what he told me; I trusted Last187. If any player in this game ever had any reason to believe that Last187 was cheating, why not bring it to our attention? I genuinely think that the community respected us and trusted us. We didn't intentionally harbor a cheater. 

We will do so in our report that will be released. 

If any player in this game ever had any reason to believe that Last187 was cheating, why not bring it to our attention? I genuinely think that the community respected us and trusted us. We didn't intentionally harbor a cheater. 

Well I guess you weren't looking at threads on the forums were you?

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6569-potential-multis/

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6567-is-last187-cheating/

You should have asked him about it. The points he was making was clearly BS and yet no Terradoxia people did anything about it. Maybe because you not only trusted him, but knew about it as well. 

dpluao815a3.png

• Alex locked this topic