7/9/2015 - Resolution of the Exploit Situation

Alex

Henry was immensely helpful in finding the source of the exploit and getting it fixed. There were many other players who offered information and their services to me, and I'm thankful for each and every one of you. To everyone that has helped in resolving this issue, especially Henry, I and the community as a whole owe you a great thanks.

<3 You too Sheepy.

Ave PnW!

• Upvote 3

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Well done guys, and I'm glad Henry has redeemed himself - always keeps things interesting. 

o/ Beautiful job 

• Upvote 2

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

When banks are not involved Henry can do great things!

Good luck hunting down those nasty cheaters too!

Edited by Mayor
  • Upvote 3

When banks are not involved Henry can do great things!

Good luck hunting down those nasty cheaters too!

Your profille pic scared me
  • Upvote 2

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

So will alliances who received massive amounts of cash for resources and vice versa be seeing a rollback too? Or are they basically immune from this unless there's proof that they "knowingly" accepted the money?

Unfortunately that never really got answered other than a vague "well technically there was an exchange of goods"....even though those goods were ill gotten

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

Who could have guessed that Henry would be our savior?

Seriously though, thank you Sheepy and Malone for working so hard on this and Henry for offering his assistance. I'm glad that this is resolved and that we can all move forward from this and continuing playing this game we all love so much - without having to worry about cheating and exploits.

• Upvote 3

New database password: plsdontguessthepasswordthistime

• Upvote 2

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

So will alliances who received massive amounts of cash for resources and vice versa be seeing a rollback too? Or are they basically immune from this unless there's proof that they "knowingly" accepted the money?

Unfortunately that never really got answered other than a vague "well technically there was an exchange of goods"....even though those goods were ill gotten

Didn't you just get literally stabbed by everyone you work with?  I would think you have more important things to worry about, like trying to quickly plug up those holes.

• Upvote 2

feelsgoodman.jpeg

• Upvote 1

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Didn't you just get literally stabbed by everyone you work with?  I would think you have more important things to worry about, like trying to quickly plug up those holes.

:o Spoilerzzz m8!

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

The dark-side of the force always loses in the end, good work Sheepy, and all those involved in fixing the problem. I've been with this game since the very beginning and known Sheepy for quite some time, and I have to say you have never stopped proving to me how good an administrator you can be. I think the game still has a good future to it, regardless of the exploit.

• Upvote 3

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

New database password: plsdontguessthepasswordthistime

Not XxX_MLG420Sh33py360_XxX?

See that? Henry was benevolent the whole time.

• Upvote 2

Good job. Always on top of things as usual, these admins. Great to see the exploit fixed. And thanks Henry for helping them. 

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Huh, Henry did something good? What a pleasant surprise

Happy to hear that the source of the exploit has been found. Here's hoping there's some kind of logs in there on what IP accessed it at what time and what they did.

UedhRvY.png

• Alex locked this topic