Should Player Ads Be Shown 100% of the Time? (Important Poll!)

Alex

Ad Survey #2  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ads be Shown 100% of the Time?

• Yes, I want things to stay put on each page and not get randomly bumped lower
    • No, I like that sometimes I don't have to put up with an ad
  2. 2. Should there be an option to disable ads?

• Yes. Everyone should be able to turn off player ads
    • Yes, but only VIP members should have this option. It'll encourage more people to buy VIP
    • No, they're for everyone so everyone should get to see them
  3. 3. Does the changing content position bother you?

• Yes, when ads bump the rest of the page down, it frustrates me
    • It was frustrating at first, but it doesn't bother me now
    • No, I never had an issue with it

Since yall seem to get so worked up about these type of things, why don't you just get together and raid people who post bad MS paint adds?  Are you guys scarred?

• Upvote 3

-signature removed for rules violation-

The system works!

Ad Text: "I'm considering is turning on ads to display 100% of the time"<br />\r\n-Sheepy<br />\r\n_<br />\r\nI<br />\r\n<br />\r\nT<br />\r\nh<br />\r\ni<br />\r\nn<br />\r\nk<br />\r\n<br />\r\nT<br />\r\nh<br />\r\na<br />\r\nt<br />\r\n<br />\r\nI<br />\r\ns<br />\r\n<br />\r\nA<br />\r\n<br />\r\nF<br />\r\na<br />\r\nb<br />\r\nu<br />\r\nl<br />\r\no<br />\r\nu<br />\r\ns<br />\r\n<br />\r\nI<br />\r\nd<br />\r\ne<br />\r\na<br />\r\n<br />\r\n.<br />\r\n<br />\r\nY<br />\r\no<br />\r\nu<br />\r\n<br />\r\nS<br />\r\nh<br />\r\no<br />\r\nu<br />\r\nl<br />\r\nd<br />\r\n<br />\r\nS<br />\r\ne<br />\r\nr<br />\r\ni<br />\r\no<br />\r\nu<br />\r\ns<br />\r\nl<br />\r\ny<br />\r\n<br />\r\nD<br />\r\no<br />\r\n<br />\r\nI<br />\r\nt<br />\r\n<br />\r\nA<br />\r\ns<br />\r\n<br />\r\nI<br />\r\n<br />\r\nL<br />\r\no<br />\r\nv<br />\r\ne<br />\r\n<br />\r\nT<br />\r\nh<br />\r\ne<br />\r\ns<br />\r\ne<br />\r\n<br />\r\nA<br />\r\nd<br />\r\ns

Alliance ID: Everyone

Ad Test: "I'm considering is turning on ads to display 100% of the time"

\r\n-Sheepy

\r\n_

\r\nI

\r\n

\r\nT

\r\nh

\r\ni

\r\nn

\r\nk

\r\n

\r\nT

\r\nh

\r\na

\r\nt

\r\n

\r\nI

\r\ns

\r\n

\r\nA

\r\n

\r\nF

\r\na

\r\nb

\r\nu

\r\nl

\r\no

\r\nu

\r\ns

\r\n

\r\nI

\r\nd

\r\ne

\r\na

\r\n

\r\n.

\r\n

\r\nY

\r\no

\r\nu

\r\n

\r\nS

\r\nh

\r\no

\r\nu

\r\nl

\r\nd

\r\n

\r\nS

\r\ne

\r\nr

\r\ni

\r\no

\r\nu

\r\ns

\r\nl

\r\ny

\r\n

\r\nD

\r\no

\r\n

\r\nI

\r\nt

\r\n

\r\nA

\r\ns

\r\n

\r\nI

\r\n

\r\nL

\r\no

\r\nv

\r\ne

\r\n

\r\nT

\r\nh

\r\ne

\r\ns

\r\ne

\r\n

\r\nA

\r\nd

\r\ns

From: Sheepy  Date: 07/06/2015 Monday 6:13 pm alarm_bell.png

That's way too many line breaks for an ad :P Try to keep it around 5 lines, max.

nm then

Also, give us an option to cancel our ads early if we want.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I dont object to advertising per se, however a classy game should have ad standards.  If I owned this site I would want classy presentations

rather then graffite art that everyone but the artist seems to dislike.

• Upvote 1

The MS paint stuff is funny, and besides, they'll disappear once it gets enough views. The ad culture needs to develop, these first once are just a bunch of people trying to get the first ad and test things out. Also potato salad.

Anyway, my two cents is 100% to prevent things bumping around, and then add a VIP option to turn it off as it could encourage people to donate. I don't know why people would want to though, I love them

As you sow, so shall you reap

I'm just looking to survey everyone for more information. Basically, what I'm considering is turning on ads to display 100% of the time for content position consistency (although some ads are text and varying heights, the images are all 150 pixels high max). It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be more consistent than it is currently.

Ads so far aren't averaging 10,000 views/day or whatever that they're allocated (7 days, 70,000 views). It's more like 1-2K views per day. Increasing consistency to 100% would increase view count on ads, which would be good for advertisers.

Adding an option to turn ads off would help players that are frustrated/unhappy with the advertisements, as well as keep people who are using AdBlock, etc. to block them already from counting as views.

Or, if they're working okay as they are currently, I'm okay with leaving them too. That's what this poll is all about. Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

Here's an idea, put the ads on the side of the page, that way you have the option to have 2 ads at one time, and, does not interfere with your playing of the game.

• Upvote 1

the following is my 20 cents and ideas on this

1.the adds add to the culture and are often creative and somewhat entertaining in there design

2. more often then not you will scroll down to do things before you even see the ad

3.GLORY TO NEW HIBERNIA

4.the ads are rather small(even for my little laptop here)and take up little to no space and are easily ignored or moved passed if it really bothers you.

5.ad block and vip are great ways if people just don't want to see the ads BUT if a vip status is added it should have the option to turn this or that off AND ON such as the ads etc, in case you don't care or want to see the ads but want vip to

6.ads are how a site keeps itself supported and keeping the ads player based will both encourage new people and make it less of a nuisance for some and entertaining for others

7.so what does this all mean? what am i trying to say? vip is a good idea, ads should stay but maybe made a option or a vip thing? and ads should stay player made.

The next question can be, "Should there be a user based poll on acceptable advertisement design before it is displayed?"

1) No, that would infringe on freedom of expression.

2) Yes, Sheepy is not batman, he shouldn't have to pass judgment on everything alone, especially public display player content.

Edited by Anymou

wlybOES.gif

I would like it if alliances could determine what ads their members saw, if any. 

No way.  I'd like to see this used as a propaganda tool, especially during the war.  It'd be interesting to see what art/posters we see targeted at opposing alliances.

• Downvote 1

i love the idea of ads but most of them look bad and are not funny. this has led to me not wanting to see them anymore. since there's no real objective way to filter out crap ads, why not make them smaller? this moves even less of the page

example:

BDygKHK.png

I'm using AdBlock all the time, but the ads stay.

I'm more frustrated with the low quality of ads. Most of them are a visual pollution to the game, so I'd be grateful if you would start to personally confirm the images that are set to become game ads (no paint-made stuff for starters...)

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I'm sure the quality will spike up once a war breaks out.

^^^That^^^

I would like it if there was a way you could scroll through all the ads. I find them humorous. Also giving alliances power over what their members produce would take a great deal of enjoyment out of the ads. Terrible idea. Internal drama keeps people checking in and clicking their mouse everyday.

• Upvote 1

^^^That^^^

I would like it if there was a way you could scroll through all the ads. I find them humorous. Also giving alliances power over what their members produce would take a great deal of enjoyment out of the ads. Terrible idea. Internal drama keeps people checking in and clicking their mouse everyday.

ah,someone actually gets it.