GAY MARRIAGE IS NOW LEGAL IN ALL STATES ��💛💚💙💜

Alexander

You know, maybe if you'd actually read the thread instead of having an autistic knee jerk response. you would've seen that Roma had actually managed to be able to convince me that some of my points were questionable to the point where I had recanted and wasn't so opposed to the idea.

I actually had some more business in mind for you, so by doing this, you just lost out of millions of dollars worth of future business. Finally, I can have you reported to moderation for your calling of me ''stupid'' - which is name calling, and is against the rules.

Here at Cirrus we have a fundamental moral belief that it is wrong to aid or abet those with ideologies that are oppressive to others.  Therefore, in line with our moral and religious beliefs, it is our right to refuse such persons service.  That's not to say that we have anything against such persons in particular, indeed we are friends with some, simply that we do not approve of their lifestyle in the context of our moral and religious beliefs.

If, at any time, such persons realize that government services can only be provided or refused based on citizen/taxpayer status (and nothing else) then we will be happy to accept their patronage once more.  There are tolerance and diversity programs we could recommend to bring such results about.  As well as prayer.

Much Gay Love,

Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

1. Yup. Sassy like your entire presence on this thread.

2. You're Filipino? Give us a good reason to believe you. Like a nice sample of Filipino or Spanish, as you would be fluent in one of the two. Written in better grammar than Google Translate offers you.

3. Agnostic? Good, I am too, so I have a good idea of your perspective with regards to this issue. So let's look at your arguments: attacking others by saying that gays are stomping on religion. Saying that the leftists will throw stones until they take down the last priest. Worrying about "moral degeneracy." Claiming that procreation is the idea of marriage. And, of course, much more. Particularly emphasizing that last one, agnostics - given that we find no need for religion - have no need of or attraction to values that are so strictly religious as those you clearly cling to. Although I cannot prove it and you cannot prove otherwise, I'm going to call some serious BS on your being agnostic.

4. Oh, they're irrelevant? Why don't you ask the Republican National Committee. Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Charles Krauthammer are extremely influential to American right-wing politics. Which is precisely why I mentioned them. (As for forcing you into stereotypes? No, you welcomed yourself to the club pretty fast.)

5. XD It's obsolete? Then why have you talked about the "leftists" throughout your entire parade here? You just called out your past self as much as targeting me.

6. Backtrack? Oh, I will. Since you are having so much difficulty determining what your opinion is, I have some fine quotes from your past self that may help you:

--Example 1: "Here you prove that the more spoiled people are, the more they degenerate and abandon the principles of the nation from which they leech off of. I'm not challenging these statistics, because they prove my point. Kali Yuga is here, and the only way is down :^)" Here you proclaim that people are "spoiled" for hopping onto what you seem to view as the bandwagon of gay marriage support.

--Example 2: "Opening the doors to your freedom led to other, even more disgusting doors to open." Ah, perfect. You just told us yourself: "even more disgusting doors to open". So you basically just said to us that you view homosexuality as disgusting, for starters.

--Example 3: "I'll have you know I graduated college with flying colors, so right there and then" Nothing to do with the ordinary stuff, I was just curious; was it Kentucky Mountain Bible College?

--Example 4: "Oh and I wasn't trying to "position" the church as a victim, its clearly already being victimized by your kind without my interference!" Yup. Victimized because the gays have their way? Straightforward enough.

--Example 5: "The only reason both pedophilia and bestiality are viewed with disdain is, guess why? Christianity. Or Judeo-Christian ethics to be more specific." Another perfect it: you just told us that Jewish and Christian ethics are the only reason pedophilia and bestiality are looked down upon. I guess that's why the very nonreligious nations of Scandinavia are quite strict about pedophilia. And why native American groups - how about the Aztecs, for example - were very strict about ordinary families and their sexual lives. To be fair, nobles had concubines - but forms of deceptive cheating and pedophilia were enough to have you killed. And the Aztecs weren't even on the same side of the globe, honey.

7. ...Ok? Like that's not even relevant? Why don't you use statistics (oh!) rather than lining up the population? Look it up for yourself - Sweden lists separate instances of rape/abuse of a same couple as separate cases. For example, if a man rapes his girlfriend four times before police are notified, it is counted as four cases. Which is why Sweden, if you look, is specifically explained as different if you read about its rape stats. And, by the way, it's also rated #1 in the world for gender equality. The United States is 47th. ;)

As for that last bit... I am tempted to let out some hearty chuckles, but I will keep that to myself.

1. Indeed :^)

2. Alam mo yung nakakatawa? Pinipilit mo parin na hindi ako Filipino haha grabe lang swear, pakita ko rin sayo diploma ko? San Beda College, pm ko nalang sayo pangalan ko, tas paki-check nalang ang Batch 2014 list, tenks!

3. An argument against morality is technically an argument for the lack of it isn't it?

4. I really don't care what -you- -think- the right-wing is lol, but those figures have no influence over me

And I don't care that they influence americans - americans are sheeple, being played by their politicians on the spectrum

5. Its convenient :^)

I do not remember painting you as a Leftist, however

6. :^)

"Oh lets close this thread its become personal hee hee"

Who gave in to his passions in the first place? All I did was riposte :)

I at least did not make assumptions for who or what you are, and certainly not to the point of calling out your nationality lol

Edited by Severus Ryan

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego

Oh and Spanish isn't taught here that much anymore, it is now mostly an elective class nobody really takes nowadays

So much for your supposed knowledge of how education works here lol

We actually still teach people useful stuff

Not stupid spoiled shit like "gender studies" lmao

Edited by Severus Ryan

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego

I support, but isn't as big of a deal as people have been making it out to be. We are just further moving towards greater tolerance, which is awesome, but not nearly as big of a deal as it is being made out to be.

• Upvote 1

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

I will give you time to edit.

No need for me to do any edits. I screwed myself by referencing wrong quotes which took all the wind out of my sails for this thread. At this point I will withdraw from this topic, lick my wounds and try to be ready for another, future discussion. My personal opinion on the subject hasn't changed, but I feel I can't express/explain anything more in any different way.

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

1. Indeed :^)

2. Alam mo yung nakakatawa? Pinipilit mo parin na hindi ako Filipino haha grabe lang swear, pakita ko rin sayo diploma ko? San Beda College, pm ko nalang sayo pangalan ko, tas paki-check nalang ang Batch 2014 list, tenks!

3. An argument against morality is technically an argument for the lack of it isn't it?

4. I really don't care what -you- -think- the right-wing is lol, but those figures have no influence over me

And I don't care that they influence americans - americans are sheeple, being played by their politicians on the spectrum

5. Its convenient :^)

I do not remember painting you as a Leftist, however

6. :^)

"Oh lets close this thread its become personal hee hee"

Who gave in to his passions in the first place? All I did was riposte :)

I at least did not make assumptions for who or what you are, and certainly not to the point of calling out your nationality lol

Oh and Spanish isn't taught here that much anymore, it is now mostly an elective class nobody really takes nowadays

So much for your supposed knowledge of how education works here lol

We actually still teach people useful stuff

Not stupid spoiled !@#$ like "gender studies" lmao

I'm pretty much through with this. I had a particularly bad day yesterday/this morning and I am not in the mood to get myself worked up again, so I will end this point-by-point fairly.

1. I typed in English what you said into Google Translate and the first two sentences came out almost word-for-word what you said. But that's ok, like I said, I'm not in the mood for any more bickering. Therefore I will not deny that you are Filipino.

2. No. An argument against a moral value is simply an argument for another value to take its place. In this particular case, I am arguing against the Abrahamic morality that insists gays are incorrect and unnatural, and instead arguing in favor of secular morality that embodies equality and compassion for everyone, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, et cetera. It is important to realize that religion is not the only source of morals, and that religious morals are not the only forms of morality.

3. Let us re-refer to your being Filipino. One side of my family is entirely Tea Party Republicans here in the United States. They frequently listen to and discuss things that are mentioned or proposed by people like Rush Limbaugh, Charles Krauthammer and Glenn Beck's network "The Blaze." If you are indeed Filipino, then you also are far less familiar than I with the important figures and people in right-wing opinion here in the US. Because if you re-read what I wrote, when I referenced those three people, I said nothing about them influencing you - only a statement of society's trust in them. Whether you follow them or not is irrelevant, I said nothing about that.

4. Precisely: the right/left spectrum is a convenient and simple way to describe political orientation. And even if it was entirely obsolete, it doesn't make any sense if you call me out for using it if you used it even before I did. (You didn't call ME a leftist, you just referred to "the leftists" multiple times throughout your many posts here. They are not difficult to find if you care to look back for them.)

5. I never said I was being completely calm and collected - I too got carried away. But you were speaking in quite a mocking tone for basically this entire thread, you were not simply reposting. And no matter who is to blame, such personal tones and arguments and language do not belong on a game forum thread. Especially when this thread was not even created for the purpose of DEBATE, it was clearly just for supporters of the decision to celebrate it. There is nothing wrong with debate, but clearly it got out of hand, not just the two of us but several others as well. As for the assumptions, as I recall, you stated that I had to "imply" a list of things in response to what I said. The post to which you referred had very little, if anything, to do with your nationality, religion, etc., simply the set of beliefs that you had clearly expressed in your earlier posts.

6. As for Spanish, it doesn't have to be as common as Filipino. All I needed to know is that if you were Filipino and Filipino itself was not your primary language (and speaking English would obviously not prove anything), Spanish would be the next-best language. Especially if you were somewhat older, because thanks to my former chemistry teacher (who was Filipino as well), I am aware that Spanish was still taught at least through the 1980s in some schools. Not to mention that there are plenty of efforts to put Spanish back into schools again now in the Philippines. Also, since that last statement of yours is just kind of... pointless, I don't think anybody anywhere has gender studies as a part of the ordinary curriculum. Mainly because you shouldn't need a class to show compassion for other people's ways of life.

Fair enough? Nothing in there that requires any more debate (if you can even call it that anymore).

Also, here, have a nice song to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeKidp-iWo

Written about the civil rights movement, actually, but a very meaningful song that can easily be applied to this issue as well. Just because the morals against gays are "the way it is" for plenty of people does not mean that things should just stay that way. :)

Edited by Roma

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

You people get worked up about the stupidest !@#$

Internet "arguments" don't solve anything

Realize this and life will be better for u lol

[...]

Anger leads to hate.

Hatred leads to power.

Power leads to victory.

[...]

People working hard :)

• Upvote 1

You people get worked up about the stupidest !@#$

Realize this and life will be better for u lol

Ahhh, there you go. Internet arguments do not solve anything. Precisely. That is exactly why the whole thing needed to wind down before someone really did say the wrong thing. I think it was clear enough that Coach didn't like the things that were said here, for one example, and perhaps Alex was not too comfortable with much of this as well.

[...]

Anger leads to hate.

Hatred leads to power.

Power leads to victory.

[...]

People working hard :)

I'm not sure that's really how the quote was supposed to go, haha. :P

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

Verbal and written arguments in any given medium rarely 'solve' anything.  They are, however, one of the mediums that our society currently uses to discuss issues, norm the population, and when taken in toto shift societal thinking.

In this very thread, which I believe to be on the internet, an argument occurred and at least one member of our group agreed to examine his beliefs.  Even if he retains his original position that examination is not wasted.

• Upvote 5

-signature removed for rules violation-

Peace is a lie, there is only passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain power

Through power, I gain victory

The force shall free me

I hate the sith though, Eternal Empire master race

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego

<removed for rule violation>

Edited by Jaehaerys
  • Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

• 2 weeks later...

GAY MARRIAGE IS NOW LEGAL IN ALL STATES â¤ï¸ðŸ’›ðŸ’šðŸ’™ðŸ’œ

LOVE IS LOVE

LOVE WINS

q6JHpIp.jpg Edited by The Governor
  • Upvote 2

"You can lose a lot of soldiers but still win the game."

– The Governor

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not only against gay marriage but the act of homosexuality, since one result of this perversion is HIV/AIDS – which attacks the immune system – that should be enough.

Newly acquired HIV infection in Australia, 2009–2013:

MSM = Men who have Sex with Men

IDU = Injected Drug Users

MSF/FSM = Heterosexual Contact

1280px-Newly_acquired_HIV_infection_in_A

That's all I have to say, and I'm saying it.

ztt5Wgs.png

It is an extreme shame gay marriage is being forced on all the states. We should let the societies within our country decide the issue. Forcing one answer on all is unAmerican.  Moreover the previous laws didn't discriminate against gays, they could still marry straight or gay women and get the benefits. The law itself even allowed gays to get married but refused benefits. Now as a single male I am greatly offended that I am not eligible for the same benefits that the gays and married couples can get. Frankly the law is not progressive enough and equality is being ignored. 

• Upvote 2

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

People complained about blacks gaining equality and now people complain about gays gaining these rights as well.  History will look at these people just as sternly as it does the previous bunch.

I'm not only against gay marriage but the act of homosexuality, since one result of this perversion is HIV/AIDS – which attacks the immune system – that should be enough.

That's all I have to say, and I'm saying it.

I think you are a bigot.  That's all I have to say, and I'm saying it.

Edited by Jaime Lannister

There are no men like me, there is only me

Yeah, if states want to be bigoted its their "right".

I think you are a bigot.  That's all I have to say, and I'm saying it.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun

1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

I think we are all bigots

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun

Ah of course, you dislike homosexuals and want to strip them of their newly won equality and I dislike this opinion and want to do nothing more than state that.  Completely the same. 

There are no men like me, there is only me

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun

Ah of course, you dislike homosexuals and want to strip them of their newly won equality and I dislike this opinion and want to do nothing more than state that.  Completely the same. 

You have done an excellent job at not representing my view. 

As much as I support the new federal ruling, I agree that you are not representing his view. 

Obviously a libertarian Rand Paul supporter, he is implying that states, being individual communities should decide for themselves. Each state in the US as a federal republic is basically it's own nation, bound together by a treaty called the constitution. Each state is allowed to make it's individual laws. 

I think Chickensguy comes into contradiction with other views expressed in other topics here, and I disagree with his ideas in this thread, but I don't think this specific view can be equated to a will to oppress homosexuality. 

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ