GAY MARRIAGE IS NOW LEGAL IN ALL STATES ��💛💚💙💜

Alexander

well its about time.

• Upvote 2

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

LOVE WINS

No it doesn't...?

Gay people have always been able to be in relationships, it just couldn't be a marriage. Marriage has always been defined by the constitutions of several states as being between a man and a woman. In this decision, the Supreme Court as said ''lol, we don't care'' and has just stomped all over that. They stomped all over the states that give them the rights to even have power. The only thing that gay couples gain from this is the same benefits that heterosexual couples get when they marry, so why even celebrate this decision so happily as so many people have? As OP is doing? Homosexuals still can't have their own children without complex medical procedures; and they still die sooner.

Also, If your only basis of what is right when it comes to sexual attraction is ''love'' then why can't a person marry a truck? What about marrying a horse? What about, even, a preteen? Where can a society take a step back and go ''This isn't right.''

Furthermore, what's the one thing that all animals have in common? They want to reproduce. Homosexuals, really by their very definition, cannot reproduce. Most homosexuals will also claim to have been born gay. Putting this information together, we can conclude that there's something in their brain telling them to be attracted to people of the same gender, thus forgoing millions of years of evolution and the macro sexual norms of 99% of the global population...for...some reason. With this in mind, we can conclude that homosexuality is a mental disease. So the Supreme Court has ruled in favor of less than 2% of the population - who have mental deficiencies - against the written constitution of many states, against the views of tens of millions of Americans.

It's also not much of a win once you consider that there's several countries in which being gay is punishable by death. So we can celebrate that homosexuals have a few more privileges over here in the U.S., but in the grand scheme of things concerning the gay rights movement, it's not a huge victory globally.

One could argue that it's more symbolic than anything else. That could be true, until you consider that the Supreme Court is - as most of Washington is - bought off by tons of companies and corporations. Such a corrupt institution forgoes any legibility once they become corrupt and remain so for many years. It's symbolic value is also not pragmatic once you consider that, as stated above, tens of millions of Americans aren't in favor of it.

Finally, I am very confident that this isn't the last thing we'll see out of the LGBT rights movement. Within a few years, they'll push some sort of other extreme. It could be open marriages between multiple people, marriages between children, marriages between people and objects, etc. It'll also all be under the guise of ''equality'' and ''progress'' and the same arguments will be used as they've been used with this issue.

GG no re

P.S: Of course, I'm open to any counter-arguments anybody as: if you think I'm wrong on anything, please state so and explain why.

• Upvote 5

new_forum_sig_2.png

It is about time damn time.  So not only have we given legal equality to gays but I get to have Republicans and other bigots losing their minds over it.  It has been a fabulous day. 

Maybe Texas will threaten to secede again?

• Upvote 3

There are no men like me, there is only me

It's also not much of a win once you consider that there's several countries in which being gay is punishable by death. So we can celebrate that homosexuals have a few more privileges over here in the U.S., but in the grand scheme of things concerning the gay rights movement, it's not a huge victory globally.

This is where you don't get the significance of today's decision. Although the USA is economically and scientifically advanced, it has consistently lagged behind the rest of the developed world socially. I don't think I need to spell out why that is. While the SCOTUS rulings on gay marriage and "Obamacare" aren't exactly earth shattering, they do send out a strong positive signal for the future. That's grounds for optimism.

• Upvote 5

6hu5nt.jpg

This is where you don't get the significance of today's decision. Although the USA is economically and scientifically advanced, it has consistently lagged behind the rest of the developed world socially. I don't think I need to spell out why that is. While the SCOTUS rulings on gay marriage and "Obamacare" aren't exactly earth shattering, they do send out a strong positive signal for the future. That's grounds for optimism.

Your argument boils down into a logical fallacy, specifically the ''bandwagon'' fallacy. Just because the rest of the ''developed world'' is doing something, doesn't mean the U.S. should. If the Eurozone suddenly increased their minimum wage to 25 euros an hour, gave each woman a 3-year paid maternity leave, and required employers to employees give 1-month paid vacations, does that mean the U.S. should?

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Your argument boils down into a logical fallacy, specifically the ''bandwagon'' fallacy. Just because the rest of the ''developed world'' is doing something, doesn't mean the U.S. should. If the Eurozone suddenly increased their minimum wage to 25 euros an hour, gave each woman a 3-year paid maternity leave, and required employers to employees give 1-month paid vacations, does that mean the U.S. should?

I doubt you would be saying this if you were refused the right to see your dying SO in the hospital. Like most gay people are. Because they had no spousal rights. Because they couldn't get married.

You wouldn't be saying this if your SO was forced to pay massive taxes on the money left to them when you died, because you didn't have spousal rights. Because you weren't allowed to get married. 

• Upvote 4

xqQnnps.gif

I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last.

snip

Why can't you "progressives" be more like this guy? Live and let live, right? People have the right to disagree with your misguided notions of "progress" just as must as gays have the right to their own designs. In any case, SCOTUS cast the die, and it HAS bred more hatred. And it's simmering.

I'll leave you with Morgan Freeman-

"You want to stop racism/sexism/homophobia? Stop talking about it."

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego

So much sophistry, so little time

"Why do straight couples want to get married? What benefit does marriage possibly have? Answer those questions and you'll understand why homosexuals would like to enjoy that right as well instead of being denied by archaic laws passed by backward thinking individuals that are out of touch with society. We are celebrating because it's a huge step towards true equality and a clear indication of the direction that we are heading and the potential we hold."

tfw "progressives" believe definitions of words change over time and people should deal with it

tfw definition of marriage changed over time to carry heavy christian connotation in the US

tfw "progressive" gays literally shove their beliefs down christian's (and other's) throats

tfw "progressive" gays are the monsters they claim to fight

"Can you reference a single legitimate source that backs your claim that those who are artificially conceived suffer from short lifespans? Do you understand that a large deal of those operations are performed for straight couples that are unable to naturally conceive?"

I'll do u one better-

http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/17/dear-gay-community-your-kids-are-hurting/

and

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/03/dolce-gabbana-againspeak-out-against-same-sex-parenting-the-only-family-is-the-traditional-one/

Straight from the horses' mouth. Appeals to emotion, your favorite tactic - much closer to home, yes?

We can trade skewed statistics all day (as science has become heavily politicized by both sides), but this'll do.

"You honestly believe that the legalization of same sex marriage is opening the door to people marrying animals? This is a ridiculous argument and it shows how desperate you are to reach for whatever you can."

You like to use the "nature" argument, don't you? :^) I'll get to that later, but here -

http://www.inquisitr.com/1844233/pedophilia-should-not-be-a-crime-offenders-are-born-that-way-says-ny-times-columnist/

Opening the doors to your freedom led to other, even more disgusting doors to open. "m-muh slippery slope" lol please spare us your self-righteous prattling, they use your words to defend themselves, and they are winning, thanks to you. So congrats.

"Homosexual behavior has been observed in over 500 species. Some sources claim it has been observed in as many as 1,500 species. And I fail to see the correlation between the inability or disinterest to reproduce as beings signs of a mental disease. Many straight couples choose not to have children. Do they suffer from the same disease?"

My favorite part.

You know what else is in the animal kingdom?

Male dominance.

Do you then agree that males are superior to females?

And that homosexuals actually do each other in because one thinks he's better than the other?

Then you are sexist by definition, aren't you?

"Likewise, a poll held by CNN/ORC between February 12-15 this year found that 63% of Americans believe same-sex marriage is a constitution right while only 36% opposed. So if you're arguing that legislation should be ruled on in favor of the majority, you just supported the legalization of gay marriage. Thank you."

Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies just because they become fashions.

"Let's take a look at this graphic, shall we?

vgctmnF.png

What do you notice about the countries, that, at the very minimum, recognize same-sex unions or marriages? You may find that they consist of the larger more well developed nations in the world. Now looks at those who restrict, imprison, or enforce the death penalty against those in homosexual relationships. Do you see a trend?

Every year public opinion for homosexuality improves and governments are finally beginning to adapt. The United State's recent legalization is just another domino falling in favor of equality on the international stage and many more are to follow."

Here you prove that the more spoiled people are, the more they degenerate and abandon the principles of the nation from which they leech off of. I'm not challenging these statistics, because they prove my point. Kali Yuga is here, and the only way is down :^)

"Again, the majority of Americans support gay marriage. And if you believe we should throw out legislation because you claim the government the is corrupt, why stop at gay marriage? Let's go ahead and strip freedom of religion and speech, due process, right to privacy, and the right to bear arms. After all, we have a big bad and corrupted government enforcing them! Why should I allow a corrupt cop to stop me from murdering my neighbor?"

You're already stripping religions of their freedom, stripping people of their freedom to believe in what they want. You condemn, chastise, shame those who differ from your opinion. You, my friend, are a bigot - just as much as the !@#$-haters are. Be glad.

"Fine, you sold me. Let's just through out the entire system. Who needs laws anyways."

This is the logical conclusion of your "struggle". You have looked into the abyss and you have become monsters yourselves.

"The only thing you'll see is the dying breath of those against equality in the form of petty lawsuits and half-assed arguments like the one you just posted. You are part of an endangered group of people that rally on hatred and logical fallacies. Fifty years from now people that share your beliefs will be ridiculed in the history books, much like we ridicule those who stood against the Civil Rights Act in the 50's and 60's."

Andddddd we have it folks - textbook bigotry! Called it :^)

Edited by Severus Ryan

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego

The States do not grant the Supreme Court its power, the United States Constitution does. The same document that grants the States the powers they have. Don't get that turned around. 

Why do straight couples want to get married? What benefit does marriage possibly have? Answer those questions and you'll understand why homosexuals would like to enjoy that right as well instead of being denied by archaic laws passed by backward thinking individuals that are out of touch with society. We are celebrating because it's a huge step towards true equality and a clear indication of the direction that we are heading and the potential we hold. 

Can you reference a single legitimate source that backs your claim that those who are artificially conceived suffer from short lifespans? Do you understand that a large deal of those operations are performed for straight couples that are unable to naturally conceive?

Upon further research, you are correct on the first sentence. I retract my statements regarding that line.

Straight couples want to get married because it's a sign of love, it's the ultimate statement of ''we are a couple.'' There are, however, government-granted benefits to being married that some people may disagree with actually even existing in the first place.

I didn't say that children who are artificially conceived suffer from shorter lifespans. I meant that it was homosexuals themselves. Upon review, I see why my sentence structure would lead people to believe I said that; my apologies.

You honestly believe that the legalization of same sex marriage is opening the door to people marrying animals? This is a ridiculous argument and it shows how desperate you are to reach for whatever you can. 

Homosexual behavior has been observed in over 500 species. Some sources claim it has been observed in as many as 1,500 species. And I fail to see the correlation between the inability or disinterest to reproduce as beings signs of a mental disease. Many straight couples choose not to have children. Do they suffer from the same disease? 

Likewise, a poll held by CNN/ORC between February 12-15 this year found that 63% of Americans believe same-sex marriage is a constitution right while only 36% opposed. So if you're arguing that legislation should be ruled on in favor of the majority, you just supported the legalization of gay marriage. Thank you.

Except that some people who practice bestiality wish to push for it at some point:

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/those-who-practice-bestiality-say-theyre-part-of-the-next-sexual-rights-movement-6334747

Homosexual behavior has been observed in a lot of animals, yes, but ''Simon LeVau introduced the further caveat that ''although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity.'' Source:

Levay, Simon (1996). !@#$ Science: The Use and Abuse of Research into Homosexuality. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. p. 207.

No, they do not suffer from the same disease. I think it's a testament to human intelligence that they're not victims to instinct. Not to say humans don't have instinct, of course.

Haha, alright, you got me. 

What do you notice about the countries, that, at the very minimum, recognize same-sex unions or marriages? You may find that they consist of the larger more well developed nations in the world. Now looks at those who restrict, imprison, or enforce the death penalty against those in homosexual relationships. Do you see a trend?

Every year public opinion for homosexuality improves and governments are finally beginning to adapt. The United State's recent legalization is just another domino falling in favor of equality on the international stage and many more are to follow.

With your first few sentences, are you implying that the U.S. would be akin to Sudan or Afghanistan if the U.S. didn't recognize gay marriage? You can't take one issue and go ''Yeah, despite our modern justice systems, grand educational institutions, common law, and vast wealth, we'd just be like people in Africa/The Middle East if we didn't (insert specific social issue here)''

Yeah, you will more than likely see more 3rd world nations become more tolerate and stop killing homosexuals in the coming decades. I can't criticize that.

Again, the majority of Americans support gay marriage. And if you believe we should throw out legislation because you claim the government the is corrupt, why stop at gay marriage? Let's go ahead and strip freedom of religion and speech, due process, right to privacy, and the right to bear arms. After all, we have a big bad and corrupted government enforcing them! Why should I allow a corrupt cop to stop me from murdering my neighbor? 

Fine, you sold me. Let's just through out the entire system. Who needs laws anyways.

Again, this my fault, I didn't make myself clear enough. I meant that the symbolic meaning of it was lost with the fact that it's corrupt.

To put it into perspective, what if President Joe took a lot of bribes, and for the bribes, supported gun rights and for a specific lesson in schools to be taught. Along the way, he's bribed to support voting rights for ethnic Yuri's. I mean, it's a good thing practically that the ethnic Yuri's have voting rights, but symbolically, is it? It's good that it happened, but it happened artificially.

By the way, Cody K, I wanted to say that I appreciate how you listed your sources, that's pretty cool.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Cody K, you just put that perfectly. Thalmor, I have a question for you. If you were gay, would you still have the same opinion? Obviously not

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I doubt you would be saying this if you were refused the right to see your dying SO in the hospital. Like most gay people are. Because they had no spousal rights. Because they couldn't get married.

You wouldn't be saying this if your SO was forced to pay massive taxes on the money left to them when you died, because you didn't have spousal rights. Because you weren't allowed to get married. 

Cody K, you just put that perfectly. Thalmor, I have a question for you. If you were gay, would you still have the same opinion? Obviously not

Of course not, but to use the argument ''I doubt you wouldn't think that if X'' is to say that ''I have nothing to say, so I'm going to throw the argument back at you.''

''We should ban guns!''

''I doubt you'd be saying that if you manufactured/own guns!''

''We should promote B over A!''

''I doubt you say that if you are sponsored by A!''

''We should go after corrupt teachers at the high school!''

''I don't think you would say that if you were a teacher at that high school!''

Furthermore, what both of you said is directly an appeal to emotions. Emotions can askew rational decision making, so I don't really care much for them.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

By the way, Cody K, I wanted to say that I appreciate how you listed your sources, that's pretty cool.

And I think it's cool you responded in a civil manner. While our opinions obviously diverge from one another in a spectacular fashion it's always refreshing to be able to have a civilized conversation. 

I still think your beliefs are antiquated and foolish, but you've at least demonstrated a willingness to debate and back up your beliefs - something that can not be said for many people. Now I just hope you continue on the path of enlightenment and continue to research this topic while keeping an open mind.

---------------------

The core of this issue is that at the end of the day, we all belong to the same species and the same society. How we treat those who are different than us is a direct reflection of our own character. If you're struggling with a certain issue try to imagine if the situation was reversed. What if the vast majority of the population was indeed gay and instead of debating same sex marriage we were discussing different sex marriage. You're a straight person living in a nation that does not recognize your right to marry. How would you feel? What would you fight for? You might be interested with what you find. 

• Upvote 4

And I think it's cool you responded in a civil manner. While our opinions obviously diverge from one another in a spectacular fashion it's always refreshing to be able to have a civilized conversation. 

I still think your beliefs are antiquated and foolish, but you've at least demonstrated a willingness to debate and back up your beliefs - something that can not be said for many people. Now I just hope you continue on the path of enlightenment and continue to research this topic while keeping an open mind.

---------------------

The core of this issue is that at the end of the day, we all belong to the same species and the same society. How we treat those who are different than us is a direct reflection of our own character. If you're struggling with a certain issue try to imagine if the situation was reversed. What if the vast majority of the population was indeed gay and instead of debating same sex marriage we were discussing different sex marriage. You're a straight person living in a nation that does not recognize your right to marry. How would you feel? What would you fight for? You might be interested with what you find. 

Thank you for the civil response back, along with the recognition!

A big issue is that people let their ideas become greater than themselves due to a lack of their own knowledge, and so they become violent and may lash out (in a way) against their ideas. For example, I may have been completely different and say ''KILL DE !@#$S LULZ'' and then if you responded the same way, just tastelessly say that I had intercourse with your mother and call you names - and that's certainly no way to change another person's mind.

Again, thank you for your own civility. In return, I hope you continue on yourself, and may realize that what you may believe may be different from reality. To be honest, I was once pro-LGBT myself; there's a reason why I'm not now.

Of course, maybe I am indeed wrong. ;)

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Woah nice flipflop there, one moment you were calling him obsolete, now you're all grease! Smooth. Kinda unfortunate that you cant practice what you preach, seeing the way you threw out all other considerations in your initial retort. So no, I doubt I belong to the same species as you - I do not claim to be in the right side of things while acting like those I condemn - that is the work of monsters worse than I

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego

Of course not, but to use the argument ''I doubt you wouldn't think that if X'' is to say that ''I have nothing to say, so I'm going to throw the argument back at you.''

''We should ban guns!''

''I doubt you'd be saying that if you manufactured/own guns!''

''We should promote B over A!''

''I doubt you say that if you are sponsored by A!''

''We should go after corrupt teachers at the high school!''

''I don't think you would say that if you were a teacher at that high school!''

Furthermore, what both of you said is directly an appeal to emotions. Emotions can askew rational decision making, so I don't really care much for them.

These are all true, but being gay isn't a choice. A ban on guns wouldn't oppress someone just for being who they are. Guns being allowed also doesn't oppress people. This is a unique matter in which the law hurt people on a fundamental level, such as civil rights issues often are. You can't really compare it to other types of situations.

Edited by Lyro
  • Upvote 2

xqQnnps.gif

I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last.

- snip - 

I sincerely hope you are a simple troll. To think that a person would be capable of posting a collection of filth, such as this prime example of uneducated and dogmatic garbage that you just introduced, while believing, truly in their hearts, that they put fourth a valid argument is disturbing to the very core of my soul. 

• Upvote 1

I sincerely hope you are a simple troll. To think that a person would be capable of posting a collection of filth, such as this prime example of uneducated and dogmatic garbage that you just introduced, while believing, truly in their hearts, that they put fourth a valid argument is disturbing to the very core of my soul.

You're hoping I'm a troll, because you don't like being called out on your hypocrisies. It makes you feel weird. Pretty basic stuff here.

I'll have you know I graduated college with flying colors, so right there and then - in your second sentence - you're already being an assuming bigot :P

I don't disagree with gay love. I disagree with your methods. You're looking for bigots in the Church. There are bigots everywhere. Check your mirror lately?

aAmm9pR.jpg

Me ne frego