Pandemics!

Alex

Would your population regrow to its original amount when the virus is gone or is this like a permanent effect on your population?

If it is temporary it would be a very relevant aspect to the game. The Red Cross can be formed and etc. I like it.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

tbh, I'd say take rid of the chance of infection based on how much trading, and just make it so that there's an x% chance of getting infected. And maybe make it so that whether or not someone is diseased is not shown. Rather, some unlucky guy will buy some resources, and then he gets infected, reports it to others, and they all embargo the guy until the infection is gone. or something like that.

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

If I had a disease, would my accepting the offers that other people posted (for resources they're selling) have a chance of them being infected? That wouldn't make much sense.

Overall though, great idea.

YES, YES PLEASE. But I feel that hospitals should lessen the effects. With this possibly being a thing now, we need biological weapons.

• Upvote 2

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

• Administrators

Would your population regrow to its original amount when the virus is gone or is this like a permanent effect on your population?

If it is temporary it would be a very relevant aspect to the game. The Red Cross can be formed and etc. I like it.

Yes, the effects would go away after the 24 turns.

I think we should stick to things that make the game enjoyable and have less of the stuff that over complicates it. 

I agree, but I think this particular suggestion is hardly complicated and would make the game more enjoyable.

YES, YES PLEASE. But I feel that hospitals should lessen the effects. With this possibly being a thing now, we need biological weapons.

Maybe it should just be an increase in the disease rate in all your cities instead of a hard population loss. That would allow hospitals to nerf the effects.

tbh, I'd say take rid of the chance of infection based on how much trading, and just make it so that there's an x% chance of getting infected. And maybe make it so that whether or not someone is diseased is not shown. Rather, some unlucky guy will buy some resources, and then he gets infected, reports it to others, and they all embargo the guy until the infection is gone. or something like that.

Not marking the players that are infected would certainly be interested, as long as you knew when you were infected and had the choice yourself to publicly tell others or not. That would make things a little more interesting.

If I had a disease, would my accepting the offers that other people posted (for resources they're selling) have a chance of them being infected? That wouldn't make much sense.

Overall though, great idea.

I would say yes, and that's why I posted very slim odds for it happening.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

how about the increasing the odds for them getting infected when you accept offers to give your potentially infected resources to them, that makes more sense.

Edited by Jefferson Davis III

"Head-shots for days"

Wait.... If you sell resources to a nation (From the resources being bought page) then couldn't you target nations who are buying for example, food???? 

Edited by Heinrich Kaufmann
  • Upvote 1

I like this idea, adds a neat little aspect to the game.

Also, how about that little story you slipped in there, eh?

Ever considered writing a play?

• Upvote 2

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Will this be implemented alongside nation perks? 

A man can dream...

Edited by Kim Jong-Il

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

• Administrators

I like it, but I think odds of transmittance through trade needs to be increased somewhat. If you're trying to infect someone since you've got it, the chance needs to be a bit more feesable.

What did you have in mind? I thought 0.001% per unit was feasible. If you bought 1,000 food from someone, that's a 1% chance. That's just one trade, of course, a medium/big nation doing lots of trading would probably be very susceptible to picking up some sort of Pandemic from one nation or another, but it's not guaranteed by any means. It also gives smaller nations a better chance against getting infected themselves.

No

If you're going to just say "No" could you at least give a reason why? "No" is not helpful to the suggestion whatsoever, and without any reasoning to back up your disapproval it's pretty easy to discredit/brush off altogether.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You'll probably see more embargoes since that is the only currently existing mechanism that offers any measure of protection against this game addition. 

24hrs also seems like a very short period of time. If it were an extended period of time, and if this addition worked by increasing disease to all cities, then hospitals could be a counter measure against it. However the duration would need to be longer for investing in hospitals to be worth it. A 5% drop in population for 24 hours is a fairly negligible thing, especially if the chance of getting it is low to begin with. But if the goal here is more on the role play side of things instead of a mechanic that requires serious deliberation and consideration on the part of the player, then there's no need to change the original suggestion. 

Edited by Princess Bubblegum

I'd say 5x that. Even nations that trade lots don't buy 1000 units of stuff all the much, unless it's food. I'm buying lots of gasoline at the moment and as a top nation I still only buy maybe 2k of it a day. And the chances one of those nations has a pandemic are already really low, so the real chance is 5% if youre buying 1000 units x the chance of that nation having a pandemic. And that's if you don't add the icon, if you add the icon and I'm careful enough to check a nations page before buying, the chance of me getting it is 0%

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png