An Announcement from Seven Kingdoms and Guardian

Tenages

Lastly, Avruch, you guys are wondering why I'm "!@#$posting" (I deny the claim) with no real account here. I said it was inadvertent, then to annoy my detractors, but now I realize I am merely enjoying my freedom. When I was in an alliance and I was seriously playing games like these, I had to !@#$, to lie, to cover up, to dissemble. I couldn't speak my mind or act as my heart dictated. Now that I am alone, vulnerable to mods only, and ZIed, I am free. I am enjoying what could be said to be a grotesque freedom, the freedom of having neither a nation that can be wrecked nor friends who can be endangered.

I say what I think is true, and if I'm wrong, so I'm wrong. I have the unique position of being able to call people out for !@#$ as much as I want without ever getting rolled. It's priceless.

You don't need to be outside an alliance and at 0 score to have that. As long as you don't disintegrate and become a caricature of yourself you can say what you want with little issue. 

• Upvote 1

It's really not that hard to figure out.

SK !@#$ed up with the leak. Guardian was planning to cancel on SK post-war before the war even started. This whole "we are going back to being paperless allies" is just a long winded way to say the treaty is cancelled.

Couldn't say this better.
  • Upvote 1

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Tenages, your treaty was more short lived and more of an abysmal failure than Citadel Council ever was.

Your thoughts?

• Upvote 2

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I find it strange that when SK/Guardian attempts to follow "protocol" with paper treaties, you guys decide to criticize them when it's canceled.

Couple things:

1: SK was criticized before, during, and after.

2: Tenages is more than happy to pile on criticism in similar circumstances.  He's developed a reputation for it, in fact.  This is your first rodeo with Tenages.  It isn't ours.

3: Pretending that this is being represented faithfully, which it is not, SK's diplomatic reputation has been completely ruined.  Can you really blame people for expecting this to be just another one of Tenages' underhanded bs moves?  After the crap he tried to pull not just once but TWICE now?  If SK lies to its allies, what's to stop them from lying ABOUT their alliances?

SK is a sinking ship.  Mensa can get off or become fish food.  Leaping to their defense on the forums time and time again is very reminiscent of the behavior of an alliance that was very recently dragged down by SK's behavior.  They learned from that lesson.  You see, that's what this thread is.  How long will it take YOU to learn?

I look forward to reading an SK-Mensa announcement thread.  Sooner rather than later, for your sake.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You could've easily shortened that post up and just stated, "I have a grudge against SK."

Also, I could care less what you think about Mensa's relations with other alliances.  I'm sure our leadership will handle it on their own terms and without your advice ( Or I hope ).

As for my personal opinion (NOTE TO ASHLAND THIS IS NOT THE OPINION OF MENSA JUST WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR, IS IT CLEAR ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS):

I still like SK.  Things got screwy, sure, but whatever.  I appreciate a good "bad guy" role.  They live up to their theme they have established for their alliance ( The Game of Thrones bit ), and they're ambitious.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

You could've easily shortened that post up and just stated, "I have a grudge against SK."

Also, I could care less what you think about Mensa's relations with other alliances.  I'm sure our leadership will handle it on their own terms and without your advice ( Or I hope ).

As for my personal opinion (NOTE TO ASHLAND THIS IS NOT THE OPINION OF MENSA JUST WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR, IS IT CLEAR ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS):

I still like SK.  Things got screwy, sure, but whatever.  I appreciate a good "bad guy" role.  They live up to their theme they have established for their alliance ( The Game of Thrones bit ), and they're ambitious.

Uh... I just think that their conduct has been appalling, they aren't pleasant people, and that the game would be better off if they weren't playing it.  So, yeah.  Pretty much.

aUel2fG.png

(NOTE TO ASHLAND THIS IS NOT THE OPINION OF MENSA JUST WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR, IS IT CLEAR ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS):

Mensa should use this more often.

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Uh... I just think that their conduct has been appalling, they aren't pleasant people, and that the game would be better off if they weren't playing it.  So, yeah.  Pretty much.

I'm absolutely charming and you know it.

6fe.jpg

• Upvote 1

iAdNwuC.png

[00:55] <@Lyro> the world is a gaybar son

Couple things:

1: SK was criticized before, during, and after.

2: Tenages is more than happy to pile on criticism in similar circumstances.  He's developed a reputation for it, in fact.  This is your first rodeo with Tenages.  It isn't ours.

3: Pretending that this is being represented faithfully, which it is not, SK's diplomatic reputation has been completely ruined.  Can you really blame people for expecting this to be just another one of Tenages' underhanded bs moves?  After the crap he tried to pull not just once but TWICE now?  If SK lies to its allies, what's to stop them from lying ABOUT their alliances?

SK is a sinking ship.  Mensa can get off or become fish food.  Leaping to their defense on the forums time and time again is very reminiscent of the behavior of an alliance that was very recently dragged down by SK's behavior.  They learned from that lesson.  You see, that's what this thread is.  How long will it take YOU to learn?

I look forward to reading an SK-Mensa announcement thread.  Sooner rather than later, for your sake.

No ones forcing you to be our friends :). Paperless worked out for us better than paper treaties. Tenages tried to get with the program of how P&W FA seems to work, and it backfired. Lesson learned. 

xqQnnps.gif

I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last.

No ones forcing you to be our friends :). Paperless worked out for us better than paper treaties. Tenages tried to get with the program of how P&W FA seems to work, and it backfired. Lesson learned. 

No, paperless worked out because Pre was calling the shots in Guardian and because there wasn't any plans to roll war allies leaked from SK.

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

They ain't THAT bad. Mensa tho...

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Why? I thought you guys were ranting about how it was honorable and reasonable to negotiate separate peaces during a losing war with what otherwise would have been a tight-knit coalition. Link me to 3 different posts on these forums indicating during the war that the SK-Guardian-Mensa coalition would have split either as a result of how the war was handled or as a result of the war itself.

===

The question right now is this; why did the split actually occur? Are Guardian and SK fragmenting in hopes that an untreatied position will provide them better positioning for reintegration into the Orbis world system, as the death of the bloc reduces their power potential and targetability? Or did they really have an acrimonious fight on their diplo boards over issues like Tenages getting leaked in a most grotesque fashion, Shellhound getting reset over an incredibly inept multi-scheme, Guardian seeking an independent peace and leaving SK out to dry, and SK demanding that Guardian commit alliance suicide as per terms of its treaty?

The apparent answer is the first. The second answer can be suspected, but not proven without access to their real diplo boards, and if infiltration by certain alliances is real (see the Tenages leak), the people who are interested do know.

===

Lastly, Avruch, you guys are wondering why I'm "!@#$posting" (I deny the claim) with no real account here. I said it was inadvertent, then to annoy my detractors, but now I realize I am merely enjoying my freedom. When I was in an alliance and I was seriously playing games like these, I had to !@#$, to lie, to cover up, to dissemble. I couldn't speak my mind or act as my heart dictated. Now that I am alone, vulnerable to mods only, and ZIed, I am free. I am enjoying what could be said to be a grotesque freedom, the freedom of having neither a nation that can be wrecked nor friends who can be endangered.

I say what I think is true, and if I'm wrong, so I'm wrong. I have the unique position of being able to call people out for !@#$ as much as I want without ever getting rolled. It's priceless.

I know the game for you solely consists of forum posts. Frankly I don't care why, except that it's strange you are so interested and yet not willing to actually play. In your position I think I'd get bored "having neither a nation...nor friends" and move on. 

That said, there is more to the game than forum posts, and I'm fairly confident that those of us actually playing the game saw all of this coming miles away. You say "Called it!" like it was some sort of achievement of a beautiful mind, but the outcome was predictable with zero special insight.

Which works as an indictment of many of your other posts - they are written as if you believe you are offering us a special glimpse of rare intellect, but it generally breaks down as some parts nonsense, some parts comical misunderstanding, some parts proving ignorance of specific details, and the rest is prattling on at length about topics everyone else already knows more about than you. All with a side of patting yourself on the back. 

• Upvote 2

Really? That was the lesson learned? 

You and literally every other conscious person aware of the last war, yes. Good job, Nostradamus. 

Let's avoid calling Inst out, that was a huge paragraph that could have been prevented by smiling, nodding, and moving on.

Edited by Ansom
  • Upvote 1

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Let's avoid calling Inst out, the was a huge paragraph that could have been prevented by smiling, nodding, and moving on.

Ok, I laughed.  Only because that is very correct.  No mentioning of "Person Who Shall No Longer Be Named" and he doesn't write a huge paper for us.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Pretending that this is being represented faithfully, which it is not, SK's diplomatic reputation has been completely ruined.  Can you really blame people for expecting this to be just another one of Tenages' underhanded bs moves?  After the crap he tried to pull not just once but TWICE now?  If SK lies to its allies, what's to stop them from lying ABOUT their alliances?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I blindly listen to what everyone says as the complete and utter truth. It would completely shatter me and my worldview if it turned out even one person ever lied to me about anything. Luckily, no one would ever lie or misrepresent the truth in a game like this.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Clearly you haven't met me then.

==================================================================================

Spartav.jpg

==================================================================================

You can't seriously believe this whole mess is because you guys signed a treaty and it backfired, right?

You can't seriously believe this whole mess is because you guys signed a treaty and it backfired, right?

Ah, but we can do whatever we want because we're big boys and we wear the big boy pants.

iAdNwuC.png

[00:55] <@Lyro> the world is a gaybar son

Ah, but we can do whatever we want because we're big boys and we wear the big boy pants.

Can vouch that whenever you wear the big boy pants, you're a big boy. Unless you're a girl then you're into some messed up shit