A Krazy Kastor Kerfuffle

Greene

Blue-400.png

It's Kastor, or is it Kazy; it goes by Henry now. Well anyway, here's the break down. For reasons highly unintelligent, Kastor has taken to poaching from well established alliances. GPA, us, and no doubt others. He poached from my first protectorate, and probably the more recent one, although the world may never know or care.

At the heart of this matter are two points. First, for the poaching, Henry agreed to pay $8 million as restitution. I wanted $10 million, but we discussed and negotiated, and arrived at $8 million. The second is that the person he poached is in debt to Cobalt. Danger owes Cobalt  $26,575,000.00. As a member of Cobalt, you are sent millions to build and improve your nation. We have not had many people actually leave Cobalt, so this is relatively new for us. Allilee left and went to found our Protectorate, so of course we forgave his debt to us. We had a couple others who I'm blanking out on right now, but they too had their debts mostly forgiven. We had two people join after the merger, receive money, and then leave. They repaid their money within hours of leaving. And then we had King, and that's another tale entirely, but again, we got the money owed to us.

Last night I had a highly unpleasant conversation with Henry, where we finally agreed to he and his alliance would pay $34 million by July 6, 2015. That's a very fair amount of time. He boasts that his alliance takes in $11 million on "tax days" so three tax days, and you've got it done. If a couple bigger members chip in, then it takes even less time. More than fair, more than reasonable. As is practice, I like to alert the alliances I have embassies with on what's going on, so I updated them first with what was happening, and then with the fact that Henry agreed to pay.

This morning I found a wonderful message waiting for me. Apparently, Henry has reached out to a top alliance and has offered them $20 million in exchange for them "scaring" Cobalt off, and signing an ODP. This alliance came to me, benefits of having pleasant relations, and assured me they weren't taking him up on it. That got me thinking. If Henry can afford to pay $20 million to get an alliance to scare us off, why can't he afford to pay $34 million over three weeks? Is it mismanagement? Or maybe he just doesn't want to honor the agreement he made.

Whatever was going on inside his head, here is where Cobalt now stands. Henry and his alliance, Titan, owes Cobalt $34 million. I have instructed my Warmaster to begin drawing up plans, and Henry has a choice. Pay $34 million by the end of this week, or on Sunday my alliance will begin the first wave of coordinated raids to recuperate the promised money. I informed him in query, he ignored me, I informed him in his channel, and he banned me. I therefore am informing not just him, but everyone here. I ask everyone who would like to join in the festivities to contact me, anyone who would like to support our cause to send donations to our bank or my nation, or if you're considering protecting him, please, just don't.

Ever so warmly,

Grealind

• Upvote 6

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I think my insides have imploded in trying to work out who I should support here.

Option C: Condemn both 

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

No Isolator, $8 million as reps. The $26 million is the money that the debt of the person they poached, which Titan has agreed to pay.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Well I am certainly pleased that the alliance in question was of a good enough mind to deny Kastor. It's true you'd get 20 million out of it but it'd come at the cost of looking like slime. 

I don't like big alliances bullying smaller ones, but what is even worse is when a small alliance tries to get a bigger one to bully someone for them. Hard to feel sorry for Titan in future if anything unfortunate were to happen to them.

As for if they should pay or not. Ultimately they had the option to outright deny having to pay anything which is a worthy enough cause for Colbalt to declare war over if they want to. Instead they agreed to the terms (which are quite large considering the poached member in question is 450 score, but if that is the money owed than it is what it is) to give time to find a big alliance willing to be his goons and attack Colbalt from behind... reminds me of a scene I watched some days back in the three kingdoms tv series where Cao Cao got Yuan Shao to sit down for tea with him before their big clash at Guandu promising to give him an entire province, the emperor, and the promise that he would never oppose Yuan Shao again if he agreed to peace... all to buy time for his cavalry to circle around the enemy force which after getting makes him laugh in Yuan's face and run away.

YXO0DMM.gif

Fortunately (for all of us) Kastor does not have the level of ability of Cao Cao so we're pretty safe.

• Upvote 2

Waiiiit wait wait wait wait...

Cobalt has an issue with someone poaching?!

xfd

Wasn't too long ago that we almost had an entire blowout within our "sphere" at the time because of your poaching Anson.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely despise Kazy... but you're using your position to push them into the reps in the first place. Had this been someone you didn't think you could easily push around you'd be crying to DEIC by now.

Edited by Rampage

I don't see why Henry or anyone else is responsible if your members prefer some other alliance. Why Henry should pay you reps for accepting one of your members is a mystery to me.

As to taking on the "debt" "owed" to you by someone you gave money, it seems like he had no obligation to do that at all. Agreeing to pay you anything was probably his biggest mistake.

Is Cobalt's new policy that if they decide a member has debt, and that member leaves to another alliance, Cobalt will always threaten to go to war with that alliance unless it pays off the "debt" of their new member? Or was this whole thing a shortcut to a war that Cobalt wanted anyway, and a valid CB was thought necessary to justify a downhit?

Edited by Avruch
  • Upvote 3

I don't see why Henry or anyone else is responsible if your members prefer some other alliance. Why Henry should pay you reps for accepting one of your members is a mystery to me.

As to taking on the "debt" "owed" to you by someone you gave money, it seems like he had no obligation to do that at all. Agreeing to pay you anything was probably his biggest mistake.

Is Cobalt's new policy that if they decide a member has debt, and that member leaves to another alliance, Cobalt will always threaten to go to war with that alliance unless it pays off the "debt" of their new member? Or was this whole thing a shortcut to a war that Cobalt wanted anyway, and a valid CB was thought necessary to justify a downhit?

You enforce something based on your power to enforce it (unless its so important you do a suicide run for it). Colbalt and Titan are somewhat even so within their capabilities to enforce it, simple. 

If he poached your member, it means that member was never loyal to alliance and you probably don't want him anyway.

As for second, if he took a loan , it's his duty to pay it back even if he leave the aa

If he poached your member, it means that member was never loyal to alliance and you probably don't want him anyway.

As for second, if he took a loan , it's his duty to pay it back even if he leave the aa

I want to clarify, he didn't take a loan. 

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

I think my insides have imploded in trying to work out who I should support here.

Looking on from afar in amusement is probably the best bet. That's what I'm going with. 

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

They do a 100% tax day, and I assume Danger reaped some of the benefits of that.

I'm not following sorry. You saying he got money distributed to him off those days, or is it a roundabout way of saying he paid it off by taking part in those days? 

I believe in the two month rule. If you received the grant within two months of leaving said alliance, you should pay it back. Otherwise, you shouldn't have to repay.

Had a look at the bank records because as Kastor said it wasn't a loan. It seems it was in fact city grants with the last being on the 25th of the last month. 

But are grants loans? No. So that means there is indeed no need to repay. BUT, leaving soon after receiving a grant means you pay it back. Not the ten others youve gotten in the past just the recent one or two. Agree to a reasonable repay amount or go to war but remember the attacker is favored in this system

I approve of anything that involves making Kazy bleed.

• Upvote 1

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif