Faith in Orbimanity, Restored.

Lascray

What if you were given $12, 000, 000 accidentaly, in a deal of selling 2 units of food for $6 million each, out of nowhere, will you accept?

Such has been the incident in Liber today. A $12 million shipmet meant to be sent to Ashland, was accidentaly and unintentionaly sent to Ajax instead. A $12 million that was meant to pay debts, so carelessly sent to the wrong address. It seamed like a hopeless situation. There was no way to get it back, not even the use of arms.

Kindly, we asked Ajax: "Can you please give it back?"

The following moments were tense. There was no assurance that we will ever recieve back the misplaced money, worth 6 days of income. There were many what if's. What if he doesn't wanna? What if he refuses and denies us? What if he ignores us?

Then we recieved a reply:

" It did seem to be too good to be true.

I could tell you that a deal is a deal, but since I have feel empathy about your situation, I have made the same mistake a few times myself. I will try and return the money.

I have one problem though, I have spent 2 million out of the 12 million, so I don't have all of the money. So I can't send all of it to you."

It was indeed a delightful surprise. He showed, even when knowing that we won't have anything against him if he declines, a willingness to fix what was wrong and to return the misplaced money. This shall be a lesson to Liber, to be more careful. Furthermore, this is also a statement, that there are still good souls in Orbis, in a world of Politics and War.

We will be forever grateful to Ajax. For doing the right move. Although his act may seem small to others, it was a big deal for Liber. It saved us from the growing interest rates of our debts, more so it saved us from the stress and the guilt.

Edited by KingLascray
  • Upvote 6

Liber, is in full support and on hopes for.......

#ORBOlympics2015 . Let's make it possible, together

Timing is everything.  If you had waited a month before you noticed this error and then contacted Ajax I am willing to bet that the answer would have been different.  While Ajax is probably a kind soul and would have had sympathy for your situation I doubt they would be willing to scrounge up the cool 12 mil to remedy your error.

And oddly enough this exact scenario is happening right now to another Mensa HQ member.  He accepted a trade for large amount of low-price uranium a month ago and the trader just recently contacted him asking for redress.  The Mensa HQ member declined and now there might be conflict over it.

Ajax, thanks for being a stand-up individual.  Of course the OP's perspective going into this makes a difference too, so you deserve thanks as well, kinglascray.

• Upvote 2

Priest of Dio

I have seen a lot of Douchebags and jerks on Orbis. People who dont care about others, and only fight for there own means.

Reading this, however, made me tear up a bit. It does go to show that there really are good people still in Orbis. People who care.

• Upvote 1

THE NEW PRUSSIAN EMPIRE!

Kaiser Nikolai Baldarius

prussianflag.gif

It's nice to see small acts of kindness, even in a game. It shows something different for while. Something positive in a world where people plot against their 'allies'.

I agree though in the context of "timing is everything". It's now a big lesson for me to be careful on sending trades, and I hope this will be an early warning for those who have not experienced such yet.

• Upvote 1

I have seen a lot of Douchebags and jerks on Orbis. People who dont care about others, and only fight for there own means.

Reading this, however, made me tear up a bit. It does go to show that there really are good people still in Orbis. People who care.

Not only in Orbis, but also in the internet. Sure there are many kinds of rude acts in the net. But there are always people who live with respect and discipline. Not only relating to this post, surely. There are people who do good despite being anonymous.

Good work to everyone involved. Gold stars for everyone!

I remain neutral on the subject because people shouldn't make a big deal out of common courtesy it should be expected.

True, it's common courtesy. But even that's hard to expect, especially in a game that focuses on politics and competition. Plus, people don't tend to bring up when someone does something decent, at least not nearly as much as they complain when they don't. Whole negativity bias thing. It's good to see that people can still be courteous on both ends.

Not only in Orbis, but also in the internet. Sure there are many kinds of rude acts in the net. But there are always people who live with respect and discipline. Not only relating to this post, surely. There are people who do good despite being anonymous.

Amen to that, Lascray

Edited by Jonathon Irons

THE NEW PRUSSIAN EMPIRE!

Kaiser Nikolai Baldarius

prussianflag.gif

I've sold low priced goods (accidentally) and at the end of the day, what's done is done. In this situation, both parties addressed this reasonably. Liber knew there was a chance that he might not get his money back, but he still reached out (almost immediately), so Ajax was able to reimburse most of the money.

A month later, that guy's just looking to pick a fight with you, Mensa!

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

I've sold low priced goods (accidentally) and at the end of the day, what's done is done. In this situation, both parties addressed this reasonably. Liber knew there was a chance that he might not get his money back, but he still reached out (almost immediately), so Ajax was able to reimburse most of the money.

A month later, that guy's just looking to pick a fight with you, Mensa!

Really just looking for a fight with a particular member.  I doubt it'll explode into a larger war.

Priest of Dio