I'm done

Oskar

Should also be noted that Oskar was a shit-head in-game. For his short time in Rose he attempted to "Sell secrets" (lol) to other alliances, so he isn't actually an angel here and did deserve some of the abuse he received.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Should also be noted that Oskar was a !@#$-head in-game. For his short time in Rose he attempted to "Sell secrets" (lol) to other alliances, so he isn't actually an angel here and did deserve some of the abuse he received.

Getting called a noob or a moron, sure. Deeply personal insults, no plz.

• Upvote 5

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Wow, didn't know he was 13.

If you stick around and find allies, you'll eventually be able to just brush off this stuff off. Plus your enemies will eventually get tired of persecuting you. Though you should note that people's personalities tend to stick out like a sore thumb. So vendettas and habits will make it obvious that you never really left if you aren't dedicated.

Also:

-In-game blunders deserve game related responses.

-OoC attacks become a turd flinging contest. So that's really as far both parties want to escalate and are willing to deal without calling foul later.

• Upvote 1

Should also be noted he hasn't shown any proof of these deeply personal insults, and kicks off and claims cyber bullying over reports like the newest game report.

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6953-inappropriate-embargo-reason/#entry111819

Edited by Phiney
  • Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png

I've literally never seen anyone say half of those things to you. Also if we knew you were an orphan I feel like it would have been mentioned more often in discussions where you called people shit names as well. I await proof to see if I'm an !@#$.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

You simply don't have enough experience with the internet, if words hurt you then don't put yourself in a position where they can be directed at you. 

Dicks will be dicks and there is nothing to stop them from being dicks, the best thing you can do reset as you say and ignore them. 

• Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

13? I knew the golden rule by the time I was 13. The rules apply to everyone the same. Your age and your status do not make you an exception to breaking them.

This isn't cyber bullying, this is responding to your discourse in an equal manner. I have no problem "stooping" to your level so long as it is within bounds of the game. Show some humility. Be kind, and be respectful. You'll find that the "cyber bullies" are quite pleasant. There's no need to change your nation, delete it, or change your name. Change your attitude. No one is out to get you.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

While I have seen rude things thrown at you, I think you might be overreacting a tiny bit. For example, me wardec'ing you (as I was ordered) and saying "let's test your top 1% intellect" and "#rolloskar2k15" is just banter, like competing people do quite a lot. The public insults, at least, are not that bad. But if you truly are without parents, and people make fun of you in private for that; that's !@#$ing messed up. So I say stay or at least think about it. o/

While I have seen rude things thrown at you, I think you might be overreacting a tiny bit. For example, me wardec'ing you (as I was ordered) and saying "let's test your top 1% intellect" and "#rolloskar2k15" is just banter, like competing people do quite a lot. The public insults, at least, are not that bad. But if you truly are without parents, and people make fun of you in private for that; that's !@#$ messed up. So I say stay or at least think about it. o/

You've always been nice to be (OOC of course). Where most of this was happening was on private IRC channels where mods claim that they can't do anything about it

What has the mod team done about it? Nothing. They have watched me getting trampled on.

Rebel against the mod team! Declare war on them! Embargo them! Do anything else to destroy them!

I'm talking to everyone!

Including the mod team!

• Upvote 1

This is very small

I've literally never seen anyone say half of those things to you. Also if we knew you were an orphan I feel like it would have been mentioned more often in discussions where you called people !@#$ names as well. I await proof to see if I'm an !@#$.

TUGT do you want me to share the proof I have that you're a !@#$?   ;)

13? I knew the golden rule by the time I was 13. The rules apply to everyone the same. Your age and your status do not make you an exception to breaking them.

This isn't cyber bullying, this is responding to your discourse in an equal manner. I have no problem "stooping" to your level so long as it is within bounds of the game. Show some humility. Be kind, and be respectful. You'll find that the "cyber bullies" are quite pleasant. There's no need to change your nation, delete it, or change your name. Change your attitude. No one is out to get you.

Quite often "cyber bullies," especially anonymous ones that have no way of knowing you in RL, are only trying to elicit a negative emotional response from their target.  By allowing yourself to become insulted, angry, sad you grant them power over you.  Why give someone else the jollies to know that they can provoke you in this manner?  Disarm those shitheads by not playing their game.  They'll move on to another target.

FYI, another key bit of advice is to not make yourself an easy target to begin with.  You're a young man of conviction, that much is clear.  But if you have that conviction without the ability to shrug off cheap criticism, insults and language intended to incite you the you're going to have a tough time.  Pick one, you cannot have both.  It's either publicly declare your convictions and deal with the results or remain quiet.  There is no middle ground.  

You've always been nice to be (OOC of course). Where most of this was happening was on private IRC channels where mods claim that they can't do anything about it

IRC is a cesspool.  Do yourself a favor and don't bother except for the bare minimum.

Edit: P.S. - threads like this don't help matters and only serve to make you appear like a drama queen.  That's about as polite as I can put it.  Other responses ITT have alluded to this.

Edited by PigInZen
  • Upvote 2

Priest of Dio

You've got a long way to go, kiddo! Do you have any proof to substantiate your claim though? If so, sorry about this alleged cyber bullying, it can be a !@#$. The mod squad ain't exactly hopping on game reports, they'd rather just dish out hourly forum bans for simple OOC stupidity. At the end of the day though, you can't jump into a broswer game and expect not to get trolled. Hell that's all these games are made up of for the most part! You've been around long enough to know this, Oskar. Don't let any of the negativity get to ya, and likewise dial down your trolling of people and (maybe) there'd be an ever-so-slight chance they'll cut back their own of you.

Good luck to you! 

• Upvote 1

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

This is the internet....grow sum skin, grow a set, and show respect and u will get respect. Nuff said

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

Honestly, I must have ignored everything associated with you on the forums and IRC because I have no memory of any of this. I share this statement not to kick you when you are down but just to illustrate that when you are playing a game you don't have to be a part of every aspect of the community. If you don't like something just don't engage with it.

Also something that I learned early in life and I think it might be of use to you: when you mess up give a sincere apology to the people you affected. Then they will be more likely to accept you back and they probably won't be mean about it. Everyone messes up sometimes. People understand that. But digging in and perpetuating animosity will never make things better, only worse.

If you have had fun in Orbis I challenge you to stay. Work out the problems you have with it and individual people. It's good practice for RL. <3

• Upvote 5

Honestly, I must have ignored everything associated with you on the forums and IRC because I have no memory of any of this. I share this statement not to kick you when you are down but just to illustrate that when you are playing a game you don't have to be a part of every aspect of the community. If you don't like something just don't engage with it.

Also something that I learned early in life and I think it might be of use to you: when you mess up give a sincere apology to the people you affected. Then they will be more likely to accept you back and they probably won't be mean about it. Everyone messes up sometimes. People understand that. But digging in and perpetuating animosity will never make things better, only worse.

If you have had fun in Orbis I challenge you to stay. Work out the problems you have with it and individual people. It's good practice for RL. <3

Tim with the solid life lesson.  

Priest of Dio

Honestly, I must have ignored everything associated with you on the forums and IRC because I have no memory of any of this. I share this statement not to kick you when you are down but just to illustrate that when you are playing a game you don't have to be a part of every aspect of the community. If you don't like something just don't engage with it.Also something that I learned early in life and I think it might be of use to you: when you mess up give a sincere apology to the people you affected. Then they will be more likely to accept you back and they probably won't be mean about it. Everyone messes up sometimes. People understand that. But digging in and perpetuating animosity will never make things better, only worse.If you have had fun in Orbis I challenge you to stay. Work out the problems you have with it and individual people. It's good practice for RL. <3

This public service announcement brought to you by Tim, the number 3, the color Red, hot female Japanese twins (of legal age of course) and tacos. We now return you to the thread that is already in progress.

Edited by Coach

X4EfkAB.png

Isn't there a minimum age requirement on the forums or game?

Edit: Just looked and apparently not.

Yeah, maybe Sheepy should remove he IRC link on the homepage since IRC is both unmodable and far from a friendly place for kids.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Yeah, maybe Sheepy should remove he IRC link on the homepage since IRC is both unmodable and far from a friendly place for kids.

I practically grew up on IRC. Probably why I'm such a caring, emphatic person. 

If you're on the internet you need to have a thick skin. Nothing much more to it, ignore the !@#$-heads.

You simply don't have enough experience with the internet, if words hurt you then don't put yourself in a position where they can be directed at you. 

Dicks will be dicks and there is nothing to stop them from being dicks, the best thing you can do reset as you say and ignore them. 

This is the internet....grow sum skin, grow a set, and show respect and u will get respect. Nuff said

There is a far difference between "lol ur dumb" or "omg i <expletive> ur mum" and "Go kill yourself."

This is not "kids will be kids" - nothing someone ever says or does over a GAME will ever warrant them being told to kill themselves. 

Y'all can troll each other all you want, but if one of you (general you, not those who I quoted) actually said that to him, you really need to rethink your life because obviously there is something wrong with you. 

Now, I can't say that it didn't happen, but I'm on IRC pretty much all day and I have yet to see someone say that to anyone, but I keep to the main channel most of the time anyway. 

Not everyone is in the right state of mind when being made fun of constantly, so they might not have the thought to screenshot or save the chat logs. But next time someone says anything like that, it really should be messaged to Sheepy personally. I've messaged him in private before and he's really good at replying. 

IRC is not some lawless barren wasteland, either. There are rules that are in place by the server, and by the channel owner - Sheepy in this case, but he has alternating mods that do handle things when they arise. Are they on 24/7? No, but if you copy/paste something to them, and if they were in the channel at the time, they can double check their chatlogs to confirm and then lay out the banhammer. 

None of are immune to insults, but all of us are guilty when we fail to stop it from going too far. 

• Upvote 3

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)