Announcement from The Seven Kingdoms, Viridia, Cornerstone, and UPN

Impero

It's been fun fighting everyone I got to go up against. Everyone has been polite and courteous during all my wars and treating enemies with a good level of respect is something that should always be encouraged here in Orbis.

o/ Rebuild

o/ SK

==================================================================================

Spartav.jpg

==================================================================================

UPN didn't fight SK at all during the war, still getting hails. This is the kinda !@#$ I like to see, even if I've left.

Also $1? lol

There were a couple battles scattered here and there. Saru and I had a nice fight, though that was back at the start of round 1. Seesawed back and forth, but in the end he came out with the upper hand.

wF9Bjre.gif

That was a fun war, though I am glad to see it has come to an end. I hope the whole of Orbis learns from this war, and learn that you can't all play peace or good-guy and still have fun. Someone's gotta do the dirty work.

Shout-out to good war opponents Gypsywolf and Josh from VE.

Edited by Valdoroth

$1 million aren't even enough to fully rebuild a single nation. So I take this as a Pyrrhic victory for VE.  Holy shit $1 is not a typo. Top kek.

By the way, it was a really fun war. Taught me some more things about warring. Good job everyone.

o7 VE

o7 Cornerstone

o7 UPN

Edited by Bilal the Great
  • Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

1$. 15 Spies. What kind of reps is that?!?

mqxip.jpg

This is a huge mis-use of the facepalm Picard meme. You should be ashamed.

• Upvote 3

xqQnnps.gif

I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last.

Damnit, couldn't you guys wait another day? I wanted to pay back Pax for that missile :P

Oh well, it's been fun. I lost almost 800 infra, but I dealt over 5k infra in total (can't be bothered with checking the exact numbers), including the war with Mensa and Guardian. I wonder how many Guardians I hit, been hitting everyone since the start of the war).

Good luck rebuilding for everyone.

EDIT: Please don't say this isn't over. I will be extremely pissed if I have to decomission and recommission my armed forces the second time.

A injury to damage ratio like that isn't too hard when you jump in against opponents who are already beaten. Nothing to brag about, really.

• Upvote 2

Sk pretty much won this war through attrition. If these are the reps you agreed to you might as well done white peace a week ago. You would have gained more economically and saved more of your blood sweat and tears.  

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

Oh don't be a spoilsport, dear. This is my first ever alliance war :D

Join the club, babe. Like I said, if you jump in at the end to kick someone when they are down, you don't get to crow about your amazing combat prowess - first war or not.

Edited by Avruch

Sk pretty much won this war through attrition. If these are the reps you agreed to you might as well done white peace a week ago. You would have gained more economically and saved more of your blood sweat and tears.

You know what I've said and thought throughout the war, but even I think that's stupid.

VE won this war because if you look at the pre-war situation, where was VE? VE was essentially isolated and in a cold war with a superior foe. Due to missteps by Guardian, Mensa HQ, and Seven Kingdoms, VE managed to avoid getting rolled, managed to reduce its opposition, and not only that, it managed to force each of its opponents to independent terms, which strengthened its negotiating position and will probably cause friction in their diplomatic relations post-war.

Sure, SK managed to hold on until they received minimal terms, but they also took the greatest damage of all combatants during this war, with score loss exceeding 50% as well as relatively onerous spy terms. If they gained anything, it must have occurred in terms of esprit de corps, despite being rolled, SK lost essentially 0 members during the war, and while there are no public indications that there were problems in enemy coalition management, keeping the opponent at war for longer than they had to must have created some level of strain, as can be seen in the peace terms.

Outside the individual incident, though, SK, Guardian, and Mensa HQ now have the opportunity to become much better alliances. Coasting on top for way too long introduces fatigue, parasitic hangers-on, and a tendency towards boredom. VE's problem is that despite having won, until treaties are secured and signed it's still essentially in the same position it was in pre-war, as the #1 alliance by score, and treatied far too far from the UPN treaty center to be secure. And long-term, not getting rolled regularly induces the same problems that caused SK, Guardian, and Mensa HQ to blow themselves up so recently.

Well, I'm glad you're not the official score-keeper in this league.  :lol:

• Upvote 2

-Legend of Hornguardia

Yes, it IS a dancing tropical bird

Yes, it IS sick

No, it does NOT want your cracker

This post makes me sad.  In what way did SK win this?  Their only victory is that they still exist as an alliance heh.

The spy and missile limitation are far more damaging than monitary reps.

Good war all.

It's actually a blessing in disguise. DEIC/UPN kept 0 military for several months after they were rolled in the Marionette War.  It allowed for much quicker rebuilding.

And if anyone hits SK during their 2-month terms, they'll look really bad. 

Recovering their spies afterword will leave them vulnerable far after that.

This is true, I agree.  The spy loss is the biggest hurt in any war I guess.

You know what I've said and thought throughout the war, but even I think that's stupid.

VE won this war because if you look at the pre-war situation, where was VE? VE was essentially isolated and in a cold war with a superior foe. Due to missteps by Guardian, Mensa HQ, and Seven Kingdoms, VE managed to avoid getting rolled, managed to reduce its opposition, and not only that, it managed to force each of its opponents to independent terms, which strengthened its negotiating position and will probably cause friction in their diplomatic relations post-war.

Sure, SK managed to hold on until they received minimal terms, but they also took the greatest damage of all combatants during this war, with score loss exceeding 50% as well as relatively onerous spy terms. If they gained anything, it must have occurred in terms of esprit de corps, despite being rolled, SK lost essentially 0 members during the war, and while there are no public indications that there were problems in enemy coalition management, keeping the opponent at war for longer than they had to must have created some level of strain, as can be seen in the peace terms.

Outside the individual incident, though, SK, Guardian, and Mensa HQ now have the opportunity to become much better alliances. Coasting on top for way too long introduces fatigue, parasitic hangers-on, and a tendency towards boredom. VE's problem is that despite having won, until treaties are secured and signed it's still essentially in the same position it was in pre-war, as the #1 alliance by score, and treatied far too far from the UPN treaty center to be secure. And long-term, not getting rolled regularly induces the same problems that caused SK, Guardian, and Mensa HQ to blow themselves up so recently.

So long as VE remains true to its neutrality, they do not need to move to any center. The Syndicate will stand for them as protectors of neutrality and defenders of the market.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif