Jurassic Park National Project, and Velociraptors

Alex

Jurassic Park National Project Poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea, or stupid?

• Excellent Suggestion, Mr. Sheepy
    • This is stupid, why are you wasting your time with this

While I do think it needs to be thought out before being implemented like what the ramifications would be in war, there's nothing wrong with it. It would be nice if we could have a laugh every once and a while when we are playing, and whats more fun than being able to wield dinosaurs as a weapon.

• Upvote 6

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

• Administrators

While I do think it needs to be thought out before being implemented like what the ramifications would be in war, there's nothing wrong with it. It would be nice if we could have a laugh every once and a while when we are playing, and whats more fun than being able to wield dinosaurs as a weapon.

I updated the OP with some more well thought out numbers.

Aside from being amusing, this is an interesting tactic. Using spies to essentially bankrupt your opponent, especially if you can blockade them and infest them with raptors. If they don't have a big supply of food, they're SOL, since once you're out of food you lose 1/3rd of your income.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

People really do not have a sense of humour. That's what I get, from reading the responses.

This is meant to be something fun and slightly out there. It's not meant to be game-breaking (else Sheepy would have kept in the original possibility of 100 raptors, with $10 million to kill them off) and he's stated it'll be named something better than "Jurassic Park Project", so it's not like it's entirely outside roleplay either. I mean what nation wouldn't want to play around with genetics.

• Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Why can't I sic my military at them? Instead of paying 50k to wish the raptors away, why can't we just, you know, slap 2000 tanks into existence and exterminate them with high explosive

UedhRvY.png

Why can't I sic my military at them? Instead of paying 50k to wish the raptors away, why can't we just, you know, slap 2000 tanks into existence and exterminate them with high explosive

You're Australian, you should know that doesn't work. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

• Upvote 5

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Why not add a new "holiday" slot for players that have been around for awhile like WoW does.

In that slot you can build a raptor farm and grow raptors. It'll be a cosmetic item and new players won't have said raptor farms, but still have access to buying raptors for cosmetic purposes in-game.

Also mandatory:

RaptorJesus.gif

Edited by Shifty Stranger

The lowering of the figures is an improvement but... it raises a question (well more than one as raptors would be a very odd inclusion). Why not just implement a destroy food op instead? Or if the gradual loss of food is wanted so much than an op that increases food needed to feed your people by how many % deemed appropriate (more food needed because some of it is getting destroyed). Everyday at update a check occurs based off your spy count that determines if you stop the sabotage of your food supplies... as nations effected by this will likely have little spies perhaps allowing alliance mates to do an op against the targeted nation to stop the sabotage would be nice (you'd also be able to target yourself with your spy op to get another opportunity at stopping it).

Why not add a new "holiday" slot for players that have been around for awhile like WoW does.

In that slot you can build a raptor farm and grow raptors. It'll be a cosmetic item and new players won't have said raptor farms, but still have access to buying raptors for cosmetic purposes in-game.

Also mandatory:

RaptorJesus.gif

A holiday slot in general would be interesting.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

The lowering of the figures is an improvement but... it raises a question (well more than one as raptors would be a very odd inclusion). Why not just implement a destroy food op instead? Or if the gradual loss of food is wanted so much than an op that increases food needed to feed your people by how many % deemed appropriate (more food needed because some of it is getting destroyed). Everyday at update a check occurs based off your spy count that determines if you stop the sabotage of your food supplies... as nations effected by this will likely have little spies perhaps allowing alliance mates to do an op against the targeted nation to stop the sabotage would be nice (you'd also be able to target yourself with your spy op to get another opportunity at stopping it).

Because raptors. Stop trying to suck all the fun out of it.

Because raptors. Stop trying to suck all the fun out of it.

Raptors are the jobbers of the dinosaur world so I ask what fun is there in that? Who wants to have command over some poor jabronis. Give us the main event talent if something like this is going to be done surely.

It's a fun little gimmick introduction, but it has to be balanced specifically so that the only way it'll operate will be as a joke. Having raptor warfare be a serious part of the game will totally take away from the tone of the game; if you need a balance "target" for the game, think of using raptor spy ops as something you use on your friends, instead of your enemies, or as a way to humiliate a foe who's already losing.

you want the game to be interesting but cry when fun stuff is added.... smh. 

raptors are second only to bears. 

do you want a bear army running amok? DO YOU? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD MEAN??

bears. 

• Upvote 4

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Would spies be able to protect against raptor attacks?

It would be a spy op, so yeah. Get a decent number of spies and it becomes expensive/difficult enough to not really be worth it.

I think it would take away from how 'real' the game feels...when I play P&W, I can envision a nation, like mine, like many others, with policies, a military force, etc., but adding raptors to it would take it out of the realm of 'feeling real' and into something more comic book like or fiction.  For me, the appeal of the game is that you can use your imagination and your nation feels real, but with this, i think it would take away from that.  Just my opinion. 

It is really a good idea, but too off topic from politics and war. How about a bioweapon, microbes which will damage the crops? We spend money to clean it up, else it will keep destroying the crops daily.

• Upvote 2

Can't we just have this feature, but make it costs nothing and do nothing in return? Purely cosmetic stuff that can still make some people pissed.

Imagine, you can send out a fleet of raptors twice or thrice a day to anyone you like and you can watch as their nation page starts descripting it being overrun by oversized death-turkeys, and there's a little notification on how many wild raptors in their nation, and there's a leaderboard for this kind of thing. There is no need for penalty or whatnot, just RP materials.

Really, all you need is to slap a leaderboard to something and all these cracknuts will fawn over it

do you want a bear army running amok? DO YOU? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD MEAN??

I think everyone knows what that mean

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2875

UedhRvY.png

you want the game to be interesting but cry when fun stuff is added.... smh. 

bears. 

I think having Bears as a military unit would be great js

"LMFAO nazi Goomy is the best Goomy" - Kyubey  "Goomy is Perfect" - Ripper

Some sort of gov for CoS

#RollBezzers2k18