Guardian Announcement #66

Cuba

I found myself in an alliance full of !@#$ so I quit and knowing they're vindictive !@#$ I also quit the PnW (after seeing how VE is I really started to appreciate how CU and GPA were really good alliances with minor issues). Before formally quitting I decided I'll try to have some fun though, so I tried to set everyone against VE, as I never really paid much attention to all the meta I failed miserably... and that's pretty much the whole story.

Setting everyone against VE, eh? You know, just a thought, but it might have been better to do that before the only people willing to attack VE got rolled, wouldn't you say?

Also, congrats Cuba and Guardian.

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

If VE wanted to re-roll Guardian, they wouldn't have requested reps from Guardian or SK and would have let them walk away with white peace or at least reps on the line of Mensa's. The reps request makes it harder to achieve a multiple rolling, and the less damage that's dealt to Guardian / SK / Mensa HQ this war the easier it is to portray them as a sufficient threat to make them the primary target for the subsequent war.

Also, VE only has a pseudo-hegemoney and once the war is over it'll revert to being on the corner of the treaty web. With SK / Guardian temporarily neutralized, their main goal will be more likely to try to tie themselves up closer to the center of the treaty web to avoid vulnerability to a repeat of this debacle instead of scheming against a neutralized threat. Long-term, who knows, but as Keynes said, in the long run we are all dead.

====

Also, one note about Cuba. Cuba is the right man for the right job at this point in time, but on the other hand, how long will he last here before getting tired of leadership? What will be key to Guardian in the mid-term is who Cuba's successor will be, and what Guardian's diplomatic position facing his successor will be, as the past few leaders of Guardian can be taken to denote an average level of competence, and a position that Cuba could play successfully might not be playable by his successor.

Edited by Inst

Yeah Roz, now I know that Rose vs VE won't happen. How could I know it before?

And mensa guy - I had no problem with VE back then. They turned out to be &#33;@#&#036;s driven by double standards just recently. And really it's an alliance of nearly 200 people where less than 20 people have zero care about the other 150something, simply use them to reach their goals. I thought it's because leadership there is smart now I know it's because people are dumb.

Inst I've been there for some time and I'm fairly certain. They're not gonna reroll anyone untill they're outgrowing them 10 to 1. Your predictions on that matter suck babe. VE has amazing capability to outgrow everybody economicaly in a matter of couple months and then they can roll anyone they want on a whim.

Good luck. Most importantly remember this is a game so have fun.

BTW: wanna go on a date?

"WHEN THE RICH WAGE WAR, ITS THE POOR WHO DIE"

"IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME AT MY WORST,YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME AT MY BEST"

@ Ben: words of advice, you're either one of two things. One, you're an utter ass who got thrown out of VE for being too stupid even for a mass alliance's standards. If you're pissed at VE as a result, you essentially do not have the stature to push a victory as your log dumps are meaningless, so either try to join a !@#$ alliance, kibitz, and play for the long term, or even better, focus on getting your degree.

It's merely a matter of time, every alliance that is successful in the short-run cannot be successful in the long-term, and what is strong today will get rolled tomorrow. In 3-4 years, that, at the present rate, should be 6-8 war cycles, VE will get rolled, I can guarantee it just as much as I'd give Guardian a 50% chance of getting rerolled by someone or another in that time frame.

Now, if it's the alternative and you're some kind of sperg that's seriously freaked out by the political play in political browser games, get used to it. It's all manipulation, lying, sociopathy, deception, and so on. Everyone's got secrets and everyone's done terrible things. Deal with it. Real life is like that, albeit to a somewhat lesser degree unless you're playing for truly high-stakes (multi-million dollar businesses, real geopolitics).

===

I would suspect more the former than the latter, though. If you were deliberately trying to blow up VE, you would have used site-rip software to provide comprehensive details of what's on VE's confidential forums before you lost access to it, which would have been invaluable to all of VE's enemies, not because it contains critical data, but because it contains useful data on personal details, personality types, and other relationships that could be used to play hostile politics to gain advantage against VE or to destroy VE. The fact that you've failed to do so proves that either you're stupid, or that you got booted out for negligence, not because of intent.

In either case, at the present rate you should get smart or get out. Otherwise, you're just making a fool out of yourself and achieving nothing.

Edited by Inst

Good luck. Most importantly remember this is a game so have fun.

BTW: wanna go on a date?

I'm already in a relationship with Longbowe.

imagine.png

It's not how hard you try, it's if you succeed.

I look forward to seeing Guardian with you at the helm, Cuba. Good luck with all the messes to clean up.

o/ Guardian

o/ Cuba

Thanks for the wishes of good luck, Pub. Not even a nod to me? :( I see how it is.

Edited by Tim Armstrong

@ Ben: words of advice, you're either one of two things. One, you're an utter ass who got thrown out of VE for being too stupid even for a mass alliance's standards. If you're pissed at VE as a result, you essentially do not have the stature to push a victory as your log dumps are meaningless, so either try to join a !@#$ alliance, kibitz, and play for the long term, or even better, focus on getting your degree.

It's merely a matter of time, every alliance that is successful in the short-run cannot be successful in the long-term, and what is strong today will get rolled tomorrow. In 3-4 years, that, at the present rate, should be 6-8 war cycles, VE will get rolled, I can guarantee it just as much as I'd give Guardian a 50% chance of getting rerolled by someone or another in that time frame.

Now, if it's the alternative and you're some kind of sperg that's seriously freaked out by the political play in political browser games, get used to it. It's all manipulation, lying, sociopathy, deception, and so on. Everyone's got secrets and everyone's done terrible things. Deal with it. Real life is like that, albeit to a somewhat lesser degree unless you're playing for truly high-stakes (multi-million dollar businesses, real geopolitics).

===

I would suspect more the former than the latter, though. If you were deliberately trying to blow up VE, you would have used site-rip software to provide comprehensive details of what's on VE's confidential forums before you lost access to it, which would have been invaluable to all of VE's enemies, not because it contains critical data, but because it contains useful data on personal details, personality types, and other relationships that could be used to play hostile politics to gain advantage against VE or to destroy VE. The fact that you've failed to do so proves that either you're stupid, or that you got booted out for negligence, not because of intent.

In either case, at the present rate you should get smart or get out. Otherwise, you're just making a fool out of yourself and achieving nothing.

===

Thats too harsh, you're just generalizing things. If you have nothing nice to say as an "observer", better keep it to yourself. 

Makes you look like a d@#@!, just sayin though, No hate.

• Upvote 1

Thats too harsh, you're just generalizing things. If you have nothing nice to say as an "observer", better keep it to yourself. 

Makes you look like a d@#@!, just sayin though, No hate.

It's no bother, tbh, Inst is an &#33;@#&#036; anyways.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

I agree it's overly harsh, but I think it's correct, and the point is to lay out some options that, on average, would deliver positive returns towards Ben Maxwell's ends, instead of being counterproductive.