A Note on Guardian and The Seven Kingdoms

Impero

Impero,

While Guardian is not a democracy in the traditional sense, and we do not have a official structure beyond having a president and a array of vice presidents: we gave our government and members time to discuss what we would do as a whole.

Many of our members did not and do not support what was planned by SK and by Shellhound, but more importantly, we honor treaties. SK did not want to accept the terms given to them, and rather than abandon our ally to those arrayed against them, we decided to stick it out with them. Importantly, many of our members also felt the terms given to us while fair, would drain our bank and resources and stump our rebuild.

Guardian has a long history, and we will survive. Nobody is #1 forever, and nobody is the top echelon forever.

Regards.

• Upvote 6

imagine.png

It's not how hard you try, it's if you succeed.

Reps amount to 3.57m / person on the Guardian side and 3.03m / person on the SK side. This is between 4 and 5 times the amount that Mensa was expected to pay and represents significantly more than the nominal terms that were presented to Mensa.

Guardian and SK most likely have the capability to pay reps as of now, but if this war drags on the cost of paying reps will be increasingly onerous and must be dropped before Guardian and Seven Kingdoms can be expected to pay.

I believe the best option for both sides is for Guardian and SK to agree to pay reps, but at a lower fee that originally proposed than VE. Holding out on principle will only make this far harder and far more painful for everyone involved.

This was a bad move. If you're having issues getting a group to submit to your will, calling them out in public is only going to fuel their resistance.

Most would argue the bad move is getting your alliance turned to dust because you think you are something you're not.

• Upvote 1

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

Curbstomping Guard + SK is significantly easier than curbstomping Mensa + Guard + SK, as the total level of pressure from enemy forces has dropped by more than 50%. However, it will remain costly to keep Guard and SK in the zero-tier, so a negotiated solution will be best. I also don't think that either Guardian or SK has received enough damages as a consequence of this war, and that both Guardian and SK will drop below 500 average score before this war is over.

Kim, man, you're my guy.

[sarcasm]I'm not your guy, buddy.[/sarcasm]

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Reps amount to 3.57m / person on the Guardian side and 3.03m / person on the SK side. This is between 4 and 5 times the amount that Mensa was expected to pay and represents significantly more than the nominal terms that were presented to Mensa.

Guardian and SK most likely have the capability to pay reps as of now, but if this war drags on the cost of paying reps will be increasingly onerous and must be dropped before Guardian and Seven Kingdoms can be expected to pay.

I believe the best option for both sides is for Guardian and SK to agree to pay reps, but at a lower fee that originally proposed than VE. Holding out on principle will only make this far harder and far more painful for everyone involved.

please.

Curbstomping Guard + SK is significantly easier than curbstomping Mensa + Guard + SK, as the total level of pressure from enemy forces has dropped by more than 50%. However, it will remain costly to keep Guard and SK in the zero-tier, so a negotiated solution will be best. I also don't think that either Guardian or SK has received enough damages as a consequence of this war, and that both Guardian and SK will drop below 500 average score before this war is over.

stop.

Play the actual game. Then we'll (probably) listen to what you have to say.

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

This was a bad move. If you're having issues getting a group to submit to your will, calling them out in public is only going to fuel their resistance.

yeah, seriously. If orbis history has taught us anything, its that SK and Guardian don't care about bad PR. This thread will probably make them hold out longer.

The reps aren't that bad. And the earlier they accept and pay them, the earlier they can go back to rebuilding. It's foolish to hold out on these types of terms.

6XmKiC2.png

You guys really have trouble with comprehending who is in the position of power in a particular situation.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

We aren't the ones publicly begging the other party to stop the war.

Just further proof of SK having issues with comprehension.

Have fun in your suicide run I guess.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I comprehend well. They can reduce my infra, but they can't force me to pay them. They want the reps much more than I want peace.

If you think anyone is begging for you to surrender, then clearly you can't comprehend at all.

And prolonging this war just damages you even more. So either way, the parties that wanted you punished, get what they want. You guys can just keep thinking this is a genius move.  :lol:

You have to be the most deluded group I've ever seen.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I comprehend well. They can reduce my infra, but they can't force me to pay them. They want the reps much more than I want peace.

Then you don't comprehend at all. The numbers are extremely small in comparison to the damage. We don't want nor need you to "pay" us per se. The only thing we want is for your alliance to make an overt action that signifies it is taking responsibility for it's misdeeds. Period.

Not words, actions.

Edited by Impero

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

They'd like to come up $100 mil. Instead they will be eating missiles.

Best action I'm willing to take is to stop lobbing missiles. I can lob a missile a day for eternity. It's not much but it's cheaper for you to walk away.

Edited by SoS

o/ VE

o/ allied nations & alliances

On another note, it's epic to see at least Mensa being sensible people to their situation. Furthermore, no one expects to see you guys surrender, nor do we have any inclination to. What we would like to see (in my opinion, I don't speak for VE as a whole) is leadership of both SK and Guardian come to their senses for their "lesser nation's sake.

In accepting these relatively nominal reps and to peace in general you'll set by example and show Orbis you can, for the first time in the game's history, be reasoned with and accept responsibility in full for conspiring to destroy VE and backstab Rose.

The compromise is a reasonable one, and the vast majority of Orbis seems to agree with this notion. Why SK and Guardian gov is so vehemently against it is astounding.

• Upvote 1

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

They'd like to come up $100 mil. Instead they will be eating missiles.

Best action I'm willing to take is to stop lobbing missiles. I can lob a missile a day for eternity. It's not much but it's cheaper for you to walk away.

You obviously don't understand. Like they said 100 times already, it's not about the money, or they would have demanded more.

6XmKiC2.png

Quick question: if it's not about the money, why is the payment quantity non-negotiable? It's between 3.5 m and 3 m per Guard and SK member respectively. Compared to total damages dealt, the numbers are reasonable, but compared to Guard and SK's ability to pay, it may not be.

If the question is whether or not Guard/SK is hurt enough as a consequence of this war, push them down below 500 avg score and collect reps below the 100m figure. If the question is regards to reps representing contrition and punishment, 100m is not necessary, and even at 50m per alliance it is considerably higher on a per-capita basis than what was given for Mensa HQ.

If it's about pure implementation of will, well, that has rarely worked out in my experience.

Edited by Inst
  • Upvote 2