This war and peace talks

Tim Armstrong

You guys wanted to play the role of bully, and now that you're paying the price you don't want to pay up for the damage you caused. Spare us your whining. I, for one, fully support the legitimacy of VE's claims to reps.

I also do, but I will really  prove this, if they give us some money. plz.  :rolleyes:

"WHEN THE RICH WAGE WAR, ITS THE POOR WHO DIE"

"IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME AT MY WORST,YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME AT MY BEST"

It's his personal opinion and does not represent the entirety of Rose. Don't get confused.

Maybe adults should not play. you really make things complicated, confusing and unfair because you waste money on a game. :P

"WHEN THE RICH WAGE WAR, ITS THE POOR WHO DIE"

"IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME AT MY WORST,YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME AT MY BEST"

I don't speak for the Urancious Socialitas government, this is my opinion. First off this is P&W, being Politics and War. Yes war does attract an audience, perhaps that's why so many wars have occurred through human history. The question to ask is what game are we playing? It's yes a war game but also politics game. SK and Guardian had no political right to go to war as what she said he said is not a political ground. It's like the US saying it's going to war with North Korea, yes it's obvious why but on the international political stage this would not be acceptable. My point is if it's too hard to make a reasonable CB then why play this game? After all it's Politics and War not just war. Now in saying that you don't have to make CB, but be prepared for being ridiculed on the international stage. In my view SK and Guardian have always been on an aggressive stance, earlier CB's by them have been plausible. This is majority of orbis putting both SK and Guardian into check. Now as for the reps, well as stated politically you are damaged and you more or less have no CB. Yes you may have lost vast amounts of infra, however in the past complete demilitarization had to be undertaken, this left nations vulnerable to solo raiders in orbis. This isn't being asked, and depending on the timeframe to pay reps it's acceptable. Whether they intended to attack you or not, either make a better CB or wait for them to make a move. You need to stop thinking of only military strategy and start thinking about your political strategy as well (this is not just I'm ally with you) . Fail to do both and you will not go far in this game.

• Upvote 1

My only comment on the Reps part is the thought back to Imperial Germany after WWI. They were made to pay reparations that crippled them and laid the groundwork for WWII. pushing the Reps WILL result in another war as ANY vindictive or revanchist leader of either Alliance will use them as a bat to beat it into their respective Alliances heads they need to rebuild and roll VE for forcing it on them to begin with and forcing them from the top lists as what were once premier alliances of the game.

Now that said I understand that Guardian/SK aren't on the verge of collapse like Imperial Germany was, and the Reps aren't completely crippling and designed to be as such. They are more symbolic, however any concessions, whether they are warranted or not by the victors, which VE will be no matter what at this point, will be resisted by any side that honestly believes they have done no wrong and don't deserve them forced on them.

If Guardian is willing to acknowledge their own fault in this Alliance, why not meet them half way and lower the Reps as they have shown humility and acknowledgement that they did in fact do something wrong.

Edited by Vesica

My only comment on the Reps part is the thought back to Imperial Germany after WWI. They were made to pay reparations that crippled them and laid the groundwork for WWII. pushing the Reps WILL result in another war as ANY vindictive or revanchist leader of either Alliance will use them as a bat to beat it into their respective Alliances heads they need to rebuild and roll VE for forcing it on them to begin with and forcing them from the top lists as what were once premier alliances of the game.

Now that said I understand that Guardian/SK aren't on the verge of collapse like Imperial Germany was, and the Reps aren't completely crippling and designed to be as such. They are more symbolic, however any concessions, whether they are warranted or not by the victors, which VE will be no matter what at this point, will be resisted by any side that honestly believes they have done no wrong and don't deserve them forced on them.

If Guardian is willing to acknowledge their own fault in this Alliance, why not meet them half way and lower the Reps as they have shown humility and acknowledgement that they did in fact do something wrong.

Reps can breed resentment, based upon a number of factors such as severity, precedence, and whether they're forced or not.  I will say that if I'm attacked by a raider and an alliance reimburses me my feelings about the matter are different than if reimbursement is not given.

Also, Guardian was notified that the stated reps were non-negotiable.  At least that is what I thought I read.  Correct me if VE was willing to negotiate the terms and conditions of the reps demanded.

Priest of Dio

You're talking out of your ass here. Not once has the Seven Kingdoms requested reparations. Decommissioning units and the such, yes. Never money or resources. 

I think I would know as I was King of SK during the time. 

Jesus Christ people, if you're going to claim you know something for a fact provide some god damn evidence. !@#$ post, spin the truth, play politics. But don't go balls out and claim something that is inherently false knowing god damn well you will never be able to produce any inkling of hard evidence. 

Oh could have misinterpreted what someone told me. Though I am pretty sure, I was told reps. :/ Idk what to believe anymore. 

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

Reps can breed resentment, based upon a number of factors such as severity, precedence, and whether they're forced or not. I will say that if I'm attacked by a raider and an alliance reimburses me my feelings about the matter are different than if reimbursement is not given.

Also, Guardian was notified that the stated reps were non-negotiable. At least that is what I thought I read. Correct me if VE was willing to negotiate the terms and conditions of the reps demanded.

you are correct, terms were non-negotiable in any regards. In fact impero became angry when we even mentioned it.

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

Reps can breed resentment, based upon a number of factors such as severity, precedence, and whether they're forced or not.  I will say that if I'm attacked by a raider and an alliance reimburses me my feelings about the matter are different than if reimbursement is not given.

Also, Guardian was notified that the stated reps were non-negotiable.  At least that is what I thought I read.  Correct me if VE was willing to negotiate the terms and conditions of the reps demanded.

Aye I agree with you.

you are correct, terms were non-negotiable in any regards. In fact impero became angry when we even mentioned it.

Now to both of you, I'm not stating that I think Guardian should get away without paying something.... but I do think that both Guardian and VE should be willing to negotiate in good faith. Guardian is still very much Imperial Germany in 1918 compared to the Wehrmacht in 1945... down but not yet out.

Guardian acknowledged they did wrong, they are willing to come to the bargaining table, VE should acknowledge that and be willing to come down on the Reps they requested, if only a sign of good faith they to acknowledge that Guardian is willing to own their mistake.

However I am nothing more then a grunt myself who followed orders and am observing what the leaderships are doing and are of course, my own and personal opinions.