[$100k Reward] How the P&W Database Updates

Blake Gillman

This is more of a Question, well actually it is a Question.

How do you go about Updating the P&W Database at Interval Times? I am trying to use Cron to get the effect, but it seems to be beyond my ability, perhapes MySQL wasn't the best way to go, if so what do you think I should of used? I just want to create the same effect you have during a 2 hour period to run Formulas on all Row Entries and their Fields and of course make sure that it updates a Seperate area that represents the Orbis Time.

So how do you go about doing that Sheepy? My Equation is quite simply, I am just not sure how I am to go about running it, (THIS IS A TEST FORMULA, The real one will take expenses / revenue into it)

mysql_query("UPDATE userstable SET money = money + 5 WHERE UserID = $playerid");

Any help would be greatly appreciated Sheepy, as a Programmer I know it's very hard to give out Source Code, or to go near giving it, but I do ask that you help me out here, I love P&W and your System is Amazing! Thanks in Advance Sheepy! :D

(Also if your Answer could be very detailed and Simplistic since I'm slow to learn sometimes xD)

(Also if anyone else can get this answered for me, I'll throw in $100,000.00 lol)

Edited by kriller509

banner.png

Original Founder of the Brotherhood of Steel

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

[im=http://i.imgur.com/NGFenqH.gif?1]

• Administrators

This is more of a Question, well actually it is a Question.

How do you go about Updating the P&W Database at Interval Times? I am trying to use Cron to get the effect, but it seems to be beyond my ability, perhapes MySQL wasn't the best way to go, if so what do you think I should of used? I just want to create the same effect you have during a 2 hour period to run Formulas on all Row Entries and their Fields and of course make sure that it updates a Seperate area that represents the Orbis Time.

So how do you go about doing that Sheepy? My Equation is quite simply, I am just not sure how I am to go about running it, (THIS IS A TEST FORMULA, The real one will take expenses / revenue into it)

mysql_query("UPDATE userstable SET money = money + 5 WHERE UserID = $playerid");

Any help would be greatly appreciated Sheepy, as a Programmer I know it's very hard to give out Source Code, or to go near giving it, but I do ask that you help me out here, I love P&W and your System is Amazing! Thanks in Advance Sheepy! :D

(Also if your Answer could be very detailed and Simplistic since I'm slow to learn sometimes xD)

(Also if anyone else can get this answered for me, I'll throw in $100,000.00 lol)

You are correct. You just have to run a loop for every account.

Also, this is the tech support forum for finding/fixing P&W bugs, not developing side projects.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link