Announcment Regarding Mensa HQ

Impero

BoC takes over thread and makes it nasty. GG. 

Yes, and the nastiness on your declaration thread was our fault too, right?

:rolleyes:

Mensa members were given orders by Pfeiffer to be overtly nice on the OWF to try and patch up the PR hit you guys from being such pricks.  That is what is happening.  Everyone knows it.  It is completely see-through.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

We attacked who we were asked to attack. We followed the plan laid out by others who were more of a direct part of the war than ourselves. They changed at the last minute, but that doesn't take away from the point.

Here. I'll spell it out for you:

Search Results

de·sign

dəˈzīn/

noun

noun: design; plural noun: designs

•  

purpose, planning, or intention that exists or is thought to exist behind an action, fact, or material object

Wow, you really are more of an arse than I thought, ask Ashland, I thought you were bad but jeez. Just admit it mate, you had a design, that didn't happen, therefore it didn't go as planned (it's right up there in that definition you Googled). Your spying was a big waste if money, In the end you should have just stayed out and you could have decommissioned earlier, and therefore continued to build, made the most of the elevated market prices and surpassed other warring nations and alliances.

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

Mensa members were given orders by Pfeiffer to be overtly nice on the OWF to try and patch up the PR hit you guys from being such pricks.  That is what is happening.  Everyone knows it.  It is completely see-through.

This is a Mensa-UPN circle jerk thread, go take your butthurt BoCness elsewhere...

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Wow, you really are more of an arse than I thought, ask Ashland, I thought you were bad but jeez. Just admit it mate, you had a design, that didn't happen, therefore it didn't go as planned (it's right up there in that definition you Googled). Your spying was a big waste if money, In the end you should have just stayed out and you could have decommissioned earlier, and therefore continued to build, made the most of the elevated market prices and surpassed other warring nations and alliances.

Well that's true for every war.  And it wasn't a complete waste of money.  It was pretty fun and excellent practice for our newer members.

This is a Mensa-UPN circle jerk thread, go take your butthurt BoCness elsewhere...

This actually made me laugh a great deal.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't know about anyone else, but I never got a message, forum post, IRC chat, or anything else that I can recall from pfeiffer telling me to be nice on the forums.  Some people are legit decent people, some people are asshats......every alliance has them, generalizing certain individuals actions to a whole group is just ignorant.

• Upvote 4

Mensa just unleashed its inner Brit. We're here to bring civility and good cups of tea to Orbis really... Except Wayne, he's a chav.

<3 Wayne!

I'm neither violent nor live in a council house...

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

BoC takes over thread and makes it nasty. GG. 

Just a few of them.

But we should leave it for the community to judge for itself if it is true that MENSA or these particular BoC members are shit posting and chasing other members around the forums derailing threads and trash talking off topic.

-signature removed for rules violation-

• Wiki Mod

I'm so glad this is all it took to get people in Mensa to ignore what are clearly orders from Pfeiffer to be nice on the OWF.  There goes what little of your reputation you could stand to salvage.

Phiney: For the first wave, it was by design.  After that it was by coincidence and odds.  UPN is larger and has more people in range of Guardian (Which is who we were told to fight).  So obviously the odds of someone in UPN filling a slot before someone in BoC did so were pretty good.

We were initially bracing for a much larger conflict for BoC, with your alliance, and by the time our declare date rolled around we found out that we weren't warring you AND most of Guardian's slots were already filled because UPN had already gone to war.  So perhaps design is the wrong word.  But we did hit who we were told to hit and cooperated insofar as there were slots available.

1. I can confirm no such order from Pfeiffer has occurred. A couple of people got gagged for being dipshits but no order to be 'nice' occurred.

2. So you were planning to break the NAP. GG

------------------------------------------------

Regarding CBs:

From Mensa's perspective we had a CB, assisting allies. Whether this is a CB to you I don't know, but to Mensa there is no world or time in which it is not. In any case congrats to the victors you fought well.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

1. I can confirm no such order from Pfeiffer has occurred. A couple of people got gagged for being !@#$ but no order to be 'nice' occurred.

Regarding CBs:

From Mensa's perspective we had a CB, assisting allies. Whether this is a CB to you I don't know, but to Mensa there is no world or time in which it is not. In any case congrats to the victors you fought well.

He was talking about TEst, not Mensa. Try to follow along, come on.

Edit: Apparently he was quoting Wayne. The plan was to hit TEst originally, not Mensa. There is no doubt about that, Ashland addressing the wrong person aside. Breaking the NAP was never even considered.

Edited by Estelle

Everyone in this thread is a damn idiot. Myself included.

I beg your pardon?

Re: thread:

- In its efforts to promote world peace, globaly stability and boring inactivity- the Syndicate requests all participant of this conference to refrain from bickering.

Thank you.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Don't know about anyone else, but I never got a message, forum post, IRC chat, or anything else that I can recall from pfeiffer telling me to be nice on the forums.  Some people are legit decent people, some people are asshats......every alliance has them, generalizing certain individuals actions to a whole group is just ignorant.

Im a nice guy

Aww, I wanted to take Beach Bunny's ports too! You guys had 7-8 spy ops on me every day that I lost all my naval ships in just 3 days. Was planning on hitting Beach Bunny and Buorhann once I rebuilt my ships.

Oh well, bloodletting is good once in a while. Hope everyone had fun.

I was waiting!  Once I saw all those ships you had, I had to organize some hits on you to reduce those numbers when we finally dropped low enough in score to do so.

-----------------------------------

I see that Ashland is once again labeling an entire alliance based on one poster.  GG Ashland

• Downvote 1

1. I can confirm no such order from Pfeiffer has occurred. A couple of people got gagged for being !@#$ but no order to be 'nice' occurred.

Regarding CBs:

To be fair: BoC was bracing for conflict with TEst, as we initially calculated them to come in defense of Guardian. This is what point 2 referred to. When the TEst front dissolved, BoC and Terra were re-allocated to other fronts. It is quite normal for these things to happen (provided that consent is given) in coalition warfare. I will add that I have experienced no issues whatsoever with BoC in terms of coordination or cooperations. Any allegations to the contrary appear to come from parties who have had no insights into the functioning of our coalition. These allegations should be considered disingenious at best.

Regarding CBs;

I understand that Mensa considered its primary CB for this war to be "helping allies". Broadening the scope of the war to a large scale however, we see that those allies whom Mensa sought to assist, did not provide any CB for their war. The CB - the reason for war - can be considered both an internal motivation and an external justification. Your coalition may have had a CB in the sense that you had the internal motivation to strike VE (and by proxy, plan to strike its allies), but it appears to have ignored taking measures to satisfy the other, equally important criteria that makes up the CB: The external justification.

Without a proper justification (in the eyes of both those you hit, and third parties), it became much easier rallying alliances to our cause. Additionally, an aggressor who goes to war without a justification (CB) that is perceived as worthy of the action taken by the general public, significantly expands the risk of backlash. In case of victory, might makes right applies and the PR surrounding the war is often manageable (as we have seen in the last series of CB-less wars of aggression on part of your allies. In these wars, there was lashback over the lack of justification, but it remained manageable). The risk of a war without (external) CB however, is that the risk of receipt of punitive action should you fail to meet your objectives is significantly higher.

I do not necessarily fault Mensa, Guardian or SK for acting on its internal motivation to go to war. Similarly however, I can not fault those struck - both my allies in VE and my co-combatants in Vanguard - to push for terms if they decide to do so. It is the course of politics. Every action has a reaction and every move a countermove. This is why The Syndicate stood with VE and will continue to support her allies as the war comes to its conclusion.

I hope that this has provided a bit more insight into The Syndicates stance on the matter, for all it is worth.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Regarding CBs:

Whut? No, the quote was quoting Phiney.  We were originally going to attack TEst.  You'll notice that Mensa did not get so much as brushed by spy attacks.  We could have gotten away with that and we didn't try.  We stayed impeccably faithful to the NAP which, to your credit, you have as well.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

Let's be honest though, there was no need for BoC to break the NAP and risk a potential bad PR hit.  Mensa was already swamped with alliances.

You are correct. BoC actually explicitly requested *not* to fight Mensa, as it did not wish to break its NAP (or its word).

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Let's be honest though, there was no need for BoC to break the NAP and risk a potential bad PR hit.  Mensa was already swamped with alliances.

We could have spied you like nuts.  And you could have done the same to us.  Given that we did not get spied more than a few times (and we know exactly who did it) and I'm pretty sure you didn't get spied, like, at all, we both know that neither of us broke that part of our word.  Which, despite our differences, shows that both our alliances at least stick to our words and we don't descend into petty squabbling-

*looks at thread*

We don't go back on our word.

• Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

We could have spied you like nuts.  And you could have done the same to us.  Given that we did not get spied more than a few times (and we know exactly who did it) and I'm pretty sure you didn't get spied, like, at all, we both know that neither of us broke that part of our word.  Which, despite our differences, shows that both our alliances at least stick to our words and we don't descend into petty squabbling-

*looks at thread*

We don't go back on our word.

o7

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Good fighting on both sides.

LordRahl2, on 10 Jul 2015 - 5:53 PM, said: "Imagine it. Lets say that Sheepy had an idea that was at lest questionable. As a way out there idea lets say he thought about adding T-Rexs to the game in some way." "As you know this is hypothetical since Sheepy has never considered adding T-Rexs to the game."