Announcment Regarding Mensa HQ

Impero

Oh yeah, VE team is issuing a penalty for Mensa

Oh no, this is a first war for Mensa and they got such punishment.

but I agree this penalty is fair since the alliance can afford it.

Edited by Arthur James

Aww, I wanted to take Beach Bunny's ports too! You guys had 7-8 spy ops on me every day that I lost all my naval ships in just 3 days. Was planning on hitting Beach Bunny and Buorhann once I rebuilt my ships.

Oh well, bloodletting is good once in a while. Hope everyone had fun.

You leave my poor little ports alone! They aint never hurt nobody. Now my factory's are a different story. Those guys are bastards!

• Upvote 1

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Pretty sure they paid the price in being rolled. War is very damaging and that should be plenty.

The amount they got in reps is relatively tiny so why not just scrap reps all together, and come off looking like the better person and avoid a repeat war later on. Just makes no sense to me diplomatically and politically.

Yes, because making it clear unprovoked aggression results in more significant punishment than a regular war is truly a horrible thing to do.

• Upvote 1
ZzrnYsK.png

Yes, because making it clear unprovoked aggression results in more significant punishment than a regular war is truly a horrible thing to do.

As long as you know you've set yourselves a precedent for the next war you're involved in, then go on your merry way. 

T7Vrilp.png

Mensa fought bravely despite the odds, and I have nothing but respect for the folks as such! 

o/ VE

o/ Allied alliances

o/ Mensa 

• Upvote 1

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

If we ever attack someone for literally no reason, preemptively, and cause hundreds of millions on damage because we think we run the game like SK, Guardian, and Mensa did, then absolutely.

This isn't kindergarten, everyone doesn't get a pat on the back and a participation award then go out for ice cream afterwards.

Wait a minute!!!!! There is no Ice Cream Social!!

I was lied too :(

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Aww, I wanted to take Beach Bunny's ports too! You guys had 7-8 spy ops on me every day that I lost all my naval ships in just 3 days. Was planning on hitting Beach Bunny and Buorhann once I rebuilt my ships.

Oh well, bloodletting is good once in a while. Hope everyone had fun.

If you actually suffered over 3 spy ops a day you should report it. 3 is supposed to be max.

-signature removed for rules violation-

If you actually suffered over 3 spy ops a day you should report it. 3 is supposed to be max.

Seriously? Let me check again. Sure felt like a lot more than 3.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot that Orbis changed day at noon my time. So that's why it felt like more than 3. I came back from dress fitting and noticed I got 7 separate spy ops notification, so that kind of messed up my perception.

Edited by Alice Lune
  • Upvote 1

Seriously? Let me check again. Sure felt like a lot more than 3.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot that Orbis changed day at noon my time. So that's why it felt like more than 3. I came back from dress fitting and noticed I got 7 separate spy ops notification, so that kind of messed up my perception.

Even with the day change, you should be getting 6 spy ops at the max. If it was 7, you should report it as a bug.

• Upvote 1

Not sure, using reps to enforce a CB standard means that wars will be less common because of a need to obtain a CB for warfighting. Using severe reps, which we didn't see in this war, also makes wars much less common because people will not fight wars unless they're certain to win due to the risk of reps on loss, increasing the delay between wars.

• Upvote 1

Not sure, using reps to enforce a CB standard means that wars will be less common because of a need to obtain a CB for warfighting. Using severe reps, which we didn't see in this war, also makes wars much less common because people will not fight wars unless they're certain to win due to the risk of reps on loss, increasing the delay between wars.

which we didn't see in this war...yet. Still SK and Guardian to get out. Our new VE+tS overlords are casting a very peaceful and inactive shadow over Orbis for the next few months.

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see heavier reps on SK, considering that they were plotting against their allies, but Guard has already been punished enough with their leader getting reset.

Please do note that Mensa's rep requirement is less than 1 million per member and less than 100 of each resource, so this is arguably the furthest thing from harsh reps I've seen in a while.

which we didn't see in this war...yet. Still SK and Guardian to get out. Our new VE+tS overlords are casting a very peaceful and inactive shadow over Orbis for the next few months.

The Syndicate is delighted to see that its philanthropic efforts towards achieving world peace are bearing fruit. It is our belief that the growth that flows from peace and inactivity will be the perfect driver to fueling market expansion. We thank Phiney for taking note and for taking the time to appreciate our efforts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see heavier reps on SK, considering that they were plotting against their allies, but Guard has already been punished enough with their leader getting reset.

I'm failing to see how Shell getting reset has anything to do with the fact that they declared an CB-less preemptive war. Sure their leader getting reset sucks for them, but that has nothing to do with the harm done to VE et al.

Here is something interesting, then. Mensa getting off with nominal reps was in part because Mensa had hit the zero tier and that they were dealing almost as much damage as they were taking. Guardian and SK, on the other hand, are still in the mid-tiers, so the ratio between damage dealt and damage taken is much more favorable to the VE-side. Mensa was dealing lots of damage to the VE-side once they got pushed into the zero-tier. Guardian and SK, on the other hand, do not have this capability.

Is the VE-side going to implement harsh reps on Guardian and SK? I can almost certainly imagine that their reps, on a per-member basis, will be more substantial to Guardian and SK, but will it cross into the category of harsh?

If I launch a war without any kind of justified case and end up losing it I deserve to pay.

Rich, coming from you, but of course, you never launched a NoCB war and lost.

• Upvote 1

Here is something interesting, then. Mensa getting off with nominal reps was in part because Mensa had hit the zero tier and that they were dealing almost as much damage as they were taking. Guardian and SK, on the other hand, are still in the mid-tiers, so the ratio between damage dealt and damage taken is much more favorable to the VE-side. Mensa was dealing lots of damage to the VE-side once they got pushed into the zero-tier. Guardian and SK, on the other hand, do not have this capability.

Is the VE-side going to implement harsh reps on Guardian and SK? I can almost certainly imagine that their reps, on a per-member basis, will be more substantial to Guardian and SK, but will it cross into the category of harsh?

Rich, coming from you, but of course, you never launched a NoCB war and lost.

The definition of "harsh" is wholly subjective and therefore can never truly be used to define a given set of terms. In addition, the perception of any term is often wholly dependent on the circumstances that surround the war. 

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

The definition of "harsh" is wholly subjective and therefore can never truly be used to define a given set of terms. In addition, the perception of any term is often wholly dependent on the circumstances that surround the war. 

I think this is a yes guys

T7Vrilp.png