War and Land

Donald Sterling

I feel like a solid way to improve both land and war would be to let them work together.   I see people talking about ways to incentivize war and specifically winning the war and placing the nation onto beige, with stealing gdp and things like that, but I feel like something better would be to steal land.  It would be something different then the generic money theft, and add a new flavor to war.  I feel like this would really help the war system because it would make more war and more finishing wars happen.  Also to try and change the current negative culture the game has assumed of destroying as much infra as possible what could also be implemented is stealing more the quicker you finish a war.  Say if I won a war in the shortest possible time I would steal ~250 land from a 2500 land city, but if I prolonged the war as long as possible I would only take ~50.

This also brings me to my next point, land.  Right now land is useless, past 1500 for farms, other than missile protection (at least at the top tier), so what I was thinking is that maybe land also has to be at the same amount as the city's infrastructure to get those improvement spots (ex. right now 40 improvements requires 2,000 infra but then for 40 improvements you need 2,000 infra and 2,000 land).  This would also be a bonus to the growth system because right now the growth is very linear and gets boring after a short while.  If all of these, especially stealing land in war, was implemented I feel like something would have to be changed in purchasing land.  Land would either need to cap at around 2000-2500 total and when it gets stolen you can buy back up to that mark, or the cost of buying land needs to exponentiate far more around the 1500-2500 range.  Right now to go from 2000 land to 2500 costs ~4mil, but if anything like this was to be implemented then it should cost ~10-15mil.  

• Upvote 2

250px-LandofConfusionscreenshot1.JPG

Genesis, best band NA

Yes, if we make land more expensive than infra and land can be stolen, perhaps it might work

Another thing that I am thinking is / not sure if is workable, lets say if we were to implement that if a nation were to triumph over the other nation in a war, the losing nation will be rendered unable to declare war on any other nations except the one he lost to for a specific period ( lets say half a year ?) , if that case , in an alliance war , nations might be tempted to attack and defeat as many as possible of the enemies nation/member to keep them  out of the war. ( meaning in a war, lets say for example Alliance A is at war with Alliance B, then alliance A member might be tempted to defeat as much ( and as fast) as possible of alliance B member in  order to prevent those alliance B members being able to declare or counter other members in alliance A) as once defeated in war that nation cannot declare war on any other nation for a specific period ( even if they manage to rebuild their army when they are in beige they will still not be able to attack anyone except for the nation that defeated them)

Edited by Vincent

I actually like land where it's at.  Land is very expensive, but it's a long term investment and I like that it can't be stolen.  For those of us with the Mass Irrigation wonder, it really makes land one of the best investments.

I also love the missile protection part and it makes buying a lot of infra risky, as you are much less protected by missiles (or you have to buy a ton of very expensive land).

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 3

I actually like land where it's at.  Land is very expensive, but it's a long term investment and I like that it can't be stolen.  For those of us with the Mass Irrigation wonder, it really makes land one of the best investments.

I also love the missile protection part and it makes buying a lot of infra risky, as you are much less protected by missiles (or you have to buy a ton of very expensive land).

You are the first guy i've heard that actually likes the Mass Irregation project besides myself. You get why it's so good, and that's awesome

#MassIrregationMasterRace 

Edited by Kim Jong-Il

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Yes, if we make land more expensive than infra and land can be stolen, perhaps it might work

Another thing that I am thinking is / not sure if is workable, lets say if we were to implement that if a nation were to triumph over the other nation in a war, the losing nation will be rendered unable to declare war on any other nations except the one he lost to for a specific period ( lets say half a year ?) , if that case , in an alliance war , nations might be tempted to attack and defeat as many as possible of the enemies nation/member to keep them  out of the war. ( meaning in a war, lets say for example Alliance A is at war with Alliance B, then alliance A member might be tempted to defeat as much ( and as fast) as possible of alliance B member in  order to prevent those alliance B members being able to declare or counter other members in alliance A) as once defeated in war that nation cannot declare war on any other nation for a specific period ( even if they manage to rebuild their army when they are in beige they will still not be able to attack anyone except for the nation that defeated them)

Nope. Nopenopenope. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Nope. Nopenopenope. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope

I assume he means half an in-game year :P

• Upvote 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse