Orbis, what is your favorite bird?

Spooner

The vulture.

o/ the Black Vultures.

• Upvote 3

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Everyone loves tits, no?

Some great tits:

tit_bird_1.jpg

What about boobies?

DSCN3375.JPG

Less joking asides, peacock, red-crowned cranes, and the crow.

Red-crowned cranes:

300px-Grus_japonensis_-Hokkaido%2C_Japan

There's also this picture I have of a girl, and it's beautiful, but I think there you can conflate the Red-crowned crane with the beautiful albino girl.

The peacock, aside from being an enormously gaudy bird, is also a symbol of purity in mire in Buddhism, where the belief that the peacock can survive all sorts of evil poisons, as well as eating snakes. It's a beautiful symbol for right conduct in one's life.

640px-Peacock_by_Nihal_Jabin.jpg

Lastly, the crow is known as the filial bird, because it's believed to rear its old as much as it rears its young. It is also known for its intelligence, and as a symbol of augury. It's also a pest-bird in Japan, so much so that it's equivalent to our pigeons, but also being a pest-bird that is far more intelligent. Thence, in some animation and literature, it's used as a messenger, or a type of herald of mystic truths. Whenever crows are around, I feel like heaven and earth are my protectors, and if I get a cat as planned, I plan to feed it, when it dies, to the crows.

crow_20120603_IMG_0056-300x240.jpg

I'm rather fond of this one:

Mimus_polyglottos1.jpg

I hate Mockingbirds.  They are the most pissed off bird in existence.  I don't know how they're the state bird of Mississippi when Mississippi is the "Hospitality State".

• Downvote 1

I have two favourite birds. Both can sometimes be seen around my home in the mountains and both are quite rare. I have posted links to the RSPB website so y'all can hear what these birds sound like.

curlew_tcm9-18260.jpg?width=530&crop=(0,

The curlew, not a pretty looking bird perhaps, but such an evocative site.

lapwing_tcm9-16169.jpg?width=530&crop=(6

The Lapwing is one of those birds that is very cute and instantly recognisable, Also known as a pee-wit, listen to the sound recording to understand why.

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

I have two favourite birds. Both can sometimes be seen around my home in the mountains and both are quite rare. I have posted links to the RSPB website so y'all can hear what these birds sound like.

curlew_tcm9-18260.jpg?width=530&crop=(0,

The curlew, not a pretty looking bird perhaps, but such an evocative site.

lapwing_tcm9-16169.jpg?width=530&crop=(6

The Lapwing is one of those birds that is very cute and instantly recognisable, Also known as a pee-wit, listen to the sound recording to understand why.

10/10 response, this is what I wanted to see.

And that "pee-wit" is the cutest thing ever.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio