Blockade bug/feature

Kemal Ergenekon

When you are blockaded, you can end the blockade by destroying all the ships of your opponent.

However, when your opponent builds even a single ship, you are still blockaded. In my opinion, they should need a new naval victory to reestablish the blockade.

Why? Think of the following scenario:

You destroy the ships of your opponent. He builds a single ship and reestablishes blockade.

You spend another airstrike to destroy the single ship. He builds another single ship and reestablishes blockade.

He can blockade you indefinitely until an immense naval triumph by wasting zero points. Meanwhile, he can attack you from other directions.

• Upvote 3
77oKn5K.png

You're just salty because you're losing.

Not the place for this.

( Sidenote:  Yes we're losing, but we're not salty about it.  We're actually having fun figuring out ways to hold our own against numerous opponents.  The bugs is what annoys us though )

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really? They don't need another victory with that single ship to reestablish the blockade? That's silly.

Yeah this also surprises me. But I assume it might just be a bug that normally it would expect you to win a naval battle to get rid of the blockade.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

It's a feature to make up for navies being made out of paper mache when attacked by planes.

If this turns out to be a feature rather than a bug, I will simply incorporate it into my strategy. Establishing and maintaining blockades with a single drydock will be fun indeed, xdxd.

77oKn5K.png

It's a feature to make up for navies being made out of paper mache when attacked by planes.

This was actually nerfed some. Will be trying to create a feature where Navys can damage air while defending. So that could help some.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

• Administrators

Really? They don't need another victory with that single ship to reestablish the blockade? That's silly.

This is not the case. Once a naval blockade is lifted, it requires another immense triumph to re-establish the blockade. That's how it's always been.

I'm like 90% certain this isn't actually a bug, and just some sort of mistake on the part of a player, because I know for a fact how the game works and simply buying ships has no effect on any of your wars.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

because I know for a fact how the game works

Saving this for later.

• Upvote 1

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

This is not the case. Once a naval blockade is lifted, it requires another immense triumph to re-establish the blockade. That's how it's always been.

I'm like 90% certain this isn't actually a bug, and just some sort of mistake on the part of a player, because I know for a fact how the game works and simply buying ships has no effect on any of your wars.

This is not consistent with my experience. I had a friend destroy all ships of the nation blockading me. Then I tried to get some supplies from the bank, but I couldn't. Checking the war tab, I noticed that I was still blockaded by the nation whose ships were destroyed. Checking his nation page, I saw he rebuilt some ships.

77oKn5K.png

So basically an opponent can blockade you with a single ship which, once destroyed by an air attack, will not lift the blockade.

You can even detroy all of the opponents military (soldiers and tanks) but the blockade remains and you cant replenish munitions/gas used in defence against the attacking opponent.

You cant even benefit from being in an alliance as you are unable to receive alliance bank resources due to the blockade.

This makes you easy pickings for any other aggressors who see you are blockaded.

Surely this isn't a serious "feature" of the game as it means all that's required to take out nations is to use a "stooge" single ship nation to attack and create a blockade, then others swoop in to demolish the permanently disabled nation.

I'm sure you used to be able to end a blockade by achieving a ground victory, but if not, surely the destruction of the opponents ship(s) should end any blockade immediately.

• Administrators

This is not consistent with my experience. I had a friend destroy all ships of the nation blockading me. Then I tried to get some supplies from the bank, but I couldn't. Checking the war tab, I noticed that I was still blockaded by the nation whose ships were destroyed. Checking his nation page, I saw he rebuilt some ships.

It appears to have just been a bug with airstrikes, not one where rebuilding ships re-establishes a blockade.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link