Worldwide Wartime Stories

Lascray

A collection of stories from around the world, of the suffering of people from all nations at the home front. (Also a hub for avid story makers who are interested on the ongoing warfare in Orbis.)

In the eyes of Anne::
"Dear Diary, we were sent home from school early this day. Ma says that we have to go to the supermarket to buy stocks of Gasoline and Food. At first I thought a huge vacation was coming. At the supermarket, there were many people buying goods and stuff. Maybe there is a big shopping spree? All I heard along the way were people talking about war, and Guardian, and Viridians. At home, Pa says we're going to have rationing soon. I did not like it, why do we have to ration anyway? Later on, electricity was cut off. I am having a very disastrous day! Why are people so overacting anyway these days? Now I have to write here with little light from the candle. This won't last long, I pray. With love, Anne."

From the words of Christopher, a farmer
"Just today, there were many armed men who went to speak with me. They were from the military headquarters, they said. They sent to me, a letter stating that my ranch had to be used as a military base for the war. I nev'r expected this to happen, not once. When war was declared yesterday, I never knew it'd be this bad. I had no choice but to comply. I told them nicely to take care of my horses, and care for the fields. I was assured, by the gentlemen, that this is only temporary. A same thought that I hope is true."

Isaac, survivor of a missile strike from his city
"Dead people everywhere. Corpses in the streets, in burning houses. It was a frightening sight. I thank God that Jully was safe. Hadn't we hide underground, probably we'd be dead by now. The city is burning as violent as inferno. The firefighters can't just put the fire out. The smell of roasted flesh is in the air, in my city which was the city of love two days ago."

The newsreel is provided by the Liber Media Association, and volunteer war correspondents from around Orbis. The L.M.A. urges national governments to share their stories about their people's emotions on the War.

Join the #OrbisWarStories movement. Bringing the story of the people by the people.

Current collection of Excerpts, Stories and Records:
1)Liber: In the Eyes of Anne - page 1
2)Liber: From the Words of Christopher, a farmer - page 1
3)Liber: Isaac , Missile Survivor - page 1
4)Liber: In the eyes of a Child - page 1
5)Thousand Islands: The Radio Transmission - page 1
6)Liber: 51 Pilots - page 1
7)Viken: A letter from Jack on the coasts of Iskandar - page 1
8)Liber: Words from a War Correspondent - page 1
9)Armenia: From an Armenian War Correspondent's Journal - page 1
10)Rosecourt: Roses and Boxes and Flags - page 1
11)Liber: The Nuclear Bomber's Diary - page 1
12)Brittish Empire: Jon of East Africa - page 1
13)Calradia: Letter from a Sargoth Drydock Worker - page 1
14)Liber: The Modern Blitz - page 1
15)Armenia: An Interview from Private Anderson - page 2
16)Vesica: Major Taylor Lee "Animal" Murphy's Story - page 2
17)Erusea: Accounts of Viola Van Smidit - page 2
18)Quarian Empire: "Momma, why are they taking those kids away?" - page 2
19)Viken: A letter from the General - page 2

20)Quarian Empire: The Wedding - page 2

21)The Campbell Nation: Letter from a Resettlement Camp - page 2

Heartfelt thanks to the contributors :)

Edited by KingLascray
  • Upvote 4

Liber, is in full support and on hopes for.......

#ORBOlympics2015 . Let's make it possible, together

gosh what could we do to stop those war?

Many people are dying from the harsh situations of war. Think of the soon-to-be victims of Nuclear Strikes! Isaac's story of a city of roasted flesh is by fay heartbreaking.

In the eyes of a child

"A loud sound wowked me up. Many lights. Much screams. Mommy doesn't wake up. She's not breathing anymore. I think she's sleeping. I can feel the roof in my feet. It's heavy. "

(A radio transmission between a Thousand Islands' Navy Officer to an unknown Ship helmsman)

Helmsman: Oh God, We got through!

Navy Officer: What seems to be the problem?

-Sounds of Screaming and explosions-

Navy Officer: What in blue blazes is happening?

Helmsman: We're in the middle of a cross fire between the fleet of Viridia and the combined fleet of Guardian and Mensa, please send help!

Navy Officer: Copy. Coordinates?

Helmsman: We're 43 degrees Nor---- ( Sounds of Explosion )

Navy Officer: What happened! Do you copy!

--- End of Transmission ---

Edited by Edward The Legend

Many people are dying from the harsh situations of war. Think of the soon-to-be victims of Nuclear Strikes! Isaac's story of a city of roasted flesh is by fay heartbreaking.

In the eyes of a child

"A loud sound wowked me up. Many lights. Much screams. Mommy doesn't wake up. She's not breathing anymore. I think she's sleeping. I can feel the roof in my feet. It's heavy. "

Well in war , all people are victims , innocent victims most of the time , suffering time in hell thanks to their reckless leader who love to plot

51 pilots : inspired from - https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=46360

"51 pilots left their families to fight

51 pilots aimed for a future so bright

On that fateful battle, the clouds went to rattle

And 51 pilots die from the light"

- Poem by Butch.

Edited by KingLascray
  • Upvote 1

Well in war , all people are victims , innocent victims most of the time , suffering time in hell thanks to their reckless leader who love to plot

The Care and Compassion one feels for the innocent, is a weakness. A weakness that is easily exploitable.
  • Upvote 1

a letter from Jack on the coasts of Iskandar:

"In the early hours we got the order, D-Day is a go! We hoped for a dry landing, our hopes came true. We broke the Axis lines, but at a terrible cost. we all watched from the beaches, as the Axis jets ignored us and bombed our fleet. The sea is still burning, we still hear the screams of the sailors drowning or buring is the only choise left to them. Now we must march, now we must fight! for Chief Ole our leader, for freedom and for our brothers that died in those muddied waters. For Viken and the United Purple Nations. And most of all for the people! Primo Victoria!" 

Edited by Ole
  • Upvote 1

Ole2.png

Words from a war correspondent:

"I could not bare looking, at the sight of a mother holding her child tight under the ashes. Both dead, a mother losing an oppurtunity to see her child grow, and a child losing the oppurtunity to see the world, both forever. I don't know of any heart of stone, that will not soften and cry, in seeing such an episode of war"

The father of the child, is currently fighting in the frontlines, and had not yet recieved the news of the death of his family.

From an Armenian War Correspondent's journal:

The napalm has hit the farming communities hard, and I've seen ghoulish burn victims wandering the countryside, their warped cries for help left unanswered. Why would Ahura Mazda want this? In the cities, I saw a man with his lungs coming out of his mouth and I saw a boy, no older than 14, dig out his sister's corpse from the ruins of their apartment. War is hell, and I'm in the thick of it. 

• Upvote 1

From an Armenian War Correspondent's journal:

The napalm has hit the farming communities hard, and I've seen ghoulish burn victims wandering the countryside, their warped cries for help left unanswered. Why would Ahura Mazda want this? In the cities, I saw a man with his lungs coming out of his mouth and I saw a boy, no older than 14, dig out his sister's corpse from the ruins of their apartment. War is hell, and I'm in the thick of it. 

The worse is yet to come. Families are bracing together, awaiting for the first victim of the atomic monster. Nuclear bombs are on the way of being dropped, and this fate is sealed.

Roses and Boxes and Flags

"I am a pilot. I like to think I am a good pilot, because I can fly a Grand Eagle-class transport plane 36 hours straight. I'm not THAT good though, or else I would have been a fighter pilot. But I'm good at my job. I can fly from the homeland to the front lines and back twice before I need any sleep. People often ask me what I think about the war, but I honestly have no opinion. I just fly, fly between peace and war, between life and death. I drop young lads at the front, and fly back with roses and boxes and flags. 

I am a pilot. I like to think I'm a good pilot, because I am now on my 3rd round trip without sleep. After I drop these lads off, I don't think I would mind if this bird and her old captain retired on the way back."

• Upvote 2

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Current casualties: 15 million lives.

...... and still rising.

#OrbisWarStories , telling the stories of the unheard.

Edited by KingLascray

Excerpt from a nuclear bomber's diary

"I woke up early this morning. My target today, a large city out of nowhere. No hard feelings, I'm just doing my job. The time my plane reached the vicinity, I knew after I drop this, it'll all be over. And I did. There was a large eeeeeerk-sound from the falling bomb, Soon, everything was burnt to dust, and a large mushroom cloud unfolded from it. What happened to the people, I don't care for. I know it'll all be over. I hope. I pray."

Edited by KingLascray

Jon lives in a village in a brittish colony in East Africa:

-My mother is gone since the last bombardment. -My father is now lying here with his body full of blood. -I tell him to wake up but he does not answer. -My life was great until the war broke out. -My mom told me my friends are in a better place.- I have no where to go. -Yesterday some solders in black uniforms kicked me out from the house help me please!!!!

*CRIES*

Brought to you by the brittsh anti propaganda post.

• Upvote 1

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Letter from a Sargoth Drydock worker to his wife, August 21st, 1992.

Dear Emily,

I hope this letter finds you and the children well. The weeks have turned into months and I miss the little ones dearly.

For the last two months we have been working 16 hour shifts at the dockyard. We are all tired. At first we were all proud of the beautiful ships we managed to pump out in record time, nearly one every two weeks (you'd be impressed if you could see it!). As you know such a pace was unheard of in peacetime where new ships are only required to replace the old ones that are slated to be scrapped. That pace has a cost however; myself and many of the men and women here have grown weary. At first we were buoyed by national pride, knowing we were sending our young boys off to do battle in the finest craft in all of Calradia (don't let the scrubs over at Yalen tell you any different). Seeing the entire fleet sortie was an fearful sight, sitting at the mouth of the harbor. There must have been a full forty warships riding at anchor.

Unfortunately we have been seeing fewer and fewer coming back from sorties each time..... 

Last week the ships stopped coming home at all. Enemy ships were able to steam right up to the harbor and fire into the defenseless city. Don't worry, I'm doing my best to stay away from any danger as it pops up, but if anything this proves we made a good decision sending you and the little ones to the country, hard as it may be.

Thankfully we received a small amount of relief today. After weeks of sending newly built ships and fresh crews out to meet the enemy and never seeing them again the fleet returned to port today! That combined with the fact that we received the first shipment of imported goods since the war began leads me to believe the blockade may have been lifted. Maybe things are looking up finally. I hate working on these ships just to never see them and the boys in them again. Hopefully this string of good luck will last a bit longer. 

With Love,

-Alayen

• Upvote 1

The Modern Blitz, article by KJ Growling.

Nights were no longer lit by street lamps and electricity, but by enemy bombs, fires and explosions. People no longer slept on the comfort of their homes, but on underground tunnels and pits. The memories of 1940 London, and of a war that killed millions, continues to hunt the townsfolk. On the center plaza, bodies are being brought. Burnt, ash-black corpses on layers of cloth and plastic. The fresh morning smell of newly baked bread, was replaced by cries of hungry children. No family was safe, and no building is spared.

Current casualties: 35 million people.

Hardwordking fathers, loving mothers, innocent kids. The friends we knew, and the people we met along the way. They are probably suffering. Probably dead.

• Upvote 2

An interview from Private Anderson

The snipers have set up in that abandoned apartment building over there (a gunshot is heard, and Anderson lowers his head) and... They've been shooting civilians. We think he got about 20 civvies and 15 soldiers so we're going to bomb the place.

The next day, the apartment building was demolished, however, it was revealed that nearly 60 citizens were still in the building, holed up in their apartments.

When the orders came down we were shocked, we had completely demolished the enemy's air power, the ground pounders and tank jockeys were said to have completely routed out everything that could fight us on the ground... and yet the order still came. Into our Hound Dogs we went into the air. Almost 300 Aircraft from across the Air Force.

The feeling from this sortie from the last was palpable. No adrenaline as the enemy fighters rose to meet us; there were no Fighters left to resist us. No excitement just a grim determination to do our jobs and go home. Over the city we flew and dropped our payloads and then flew home. There was no need for a de-brief, the CO knew how our mission went. It was straight to the Officer's Mess to get drunk. Most of my squadron was passed out within the hour. 

The next day on the news we saw that our mission had been the most successful of the war yet. Was supposed to have made me excited and feel patriotic... instead I made a beeline straight back to the Officer's Mess and got drunk again... I didn't even want to think about it.

Two days later the Orders came down... and we went up again.

- Major Taylor Lee "Animal" Murphy, 4th Fighter-Bomber Squadron "The Black Six"

• Upvote 1

The war was something we saw on TV and thought, "it would never come here". I watched as my brother, his friends, and several other teens that just graduated from High School and just returned from basic being deployed, but the war was just so far away, we thought "it would never come here". We heard stories of victory and heroics by our men and women in uniform...but we we also heard of the loses, but they were so far away we all thought "better there then here". 

But on that day I will always remember the sound of the sirens, the screams of the teachers and staff at our school, the sound of the explosion as the missile struck nearby. On that day I remember seeing bodies...body parts, and hearing the bloody screams from friends and people I knew...I looked around in a daze only to see that I myself was injured...I had lost my leg...then I remember little more till I awoke in the hospital...the war...it had come home.

-accounts of Viola Van Smidit, citizen of Anfang.

The United States of Belveria

qAFfwLo.gif

"Momma why are they taking those kids away?"

"Momma why wont you wake up and save them, please momma they are taking them away!"

As the little girl is crying for her mother to wake up a soldier belonging to the Seven Kingdoms dragged her away before abandoning the Quarian Empire.

-Quarian News Agency reports this story, pleading Selvaria Bles to not bring another war into our nation.

PoJQyFJ.gif