Announcement from the Viridian Entente

Impero

Not entirely correct. Alliances discuss politics all the time w/o going to their allies for every single thing. 

I agree and therefore do not believe Guardian was involved in the plot against Rose.

• Upvote 4

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

1396810767057.gif

• Upvote 1

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

First, let me congratulate VE on their announcement. It is well written with just enough show to make it fun. It carries with it a clear message and adds to the character of their alliance. Many of you need to note how to make a proper announcement. 

Now I'm going to apologize because I'm going to get a bit off track here:

Tenages is the king of SK, who are we supposed to expect to voice the opinions of SK membership over their own king? If this was just a member it'd be one thing, it's different when it's the leader. If you truly disagree with the claims and opinions he said then why didn't you speak up against them and say you felt this was a bad idea? I get that there are members that don't agree with what he said or aren't aware of the entire situation, but they still were following the orders and going with everything until it resulted in them having to lose some pixels - they could've left at any time prior to this. 

You, and many others, don't seem to understand that it is possible for alliances to support an environment in which individual members can openly share their opinions, even when they go against the leadership. Yes, Tenages is the King and per our charter he is responsible for the direction of SK as an alliance. As such, it is expected for his voice to be the loudest as it carries the most weight. But to argue against a post that was simply saying the personal opinions of the King do not reflect the opinions of each of our members is idiotic. Likewise, only an inexperienced and fiercely disloyal individual as yourself would ever bring up the idea of leaving an alliance because of a difference in opinion. 

It's funny seeing people who think they're the smartest people in the room fall flat on their faces so quickly... the arrogance behind trying to use Rose speaks volumes to the hubris that characterizes this dying old guard.

This world deserves a higher class of villain... or at least one that can keep it's plots hidden for once.

Rose is an irrelevant alliance that has proven over and over again how unreliable and ineffective they are. I'd argue their only worthwhile purpose of being here is to be used. 

"Dying old guard" is an interesting euphemism. We're days into a conflict and have a spotless track record up this point. Was this pretty? No. But we're dealing a ton of damage and will continue to be a major player in this game long after this war. (Assuming I'm unable to convince Tenages to pull the plug. It's embarrassing to have our community be associated with this game. :)  ) Sadly, it won't even be an achievement. The majority of alliances in this game are complete garbage. There is no competition and the trash community makes it nearly impossible to play politics.

Edited by Cody K

First, let me congratulate VE on their announcement. It is well written with just enough show to make it fun. It carries with it a clear message and adds to the character of their alliance. Many of you need to note how to make a proper announcement. 

You, and many others, don't seem to understand that it is possible for alliances to support an environment in which individual members can openly share their opinions, even when they go against the leadership. Yes, Tenages is the King and per our charter he is responsible for the direction of SK as an alliance. As such, it is expected for his voice to be the loudest as it carries the most weight. But to argue against a post that was simply saying the personal opinions of the King do not reflect the opinions of each of our members is idiotic. Likewise, only an inexperienced and fiercely disloyal individual as yourself would ever bring up the idea of leaving an alliance because of a difference in opinion. 

Rose is an irrelevant alliance that has proven over and over again how unreliable and ineffective they are. I'd argue their only worthwhile purpose of being here is to be used. 

"Dying old guard" is an interesting euphemism. We're days into a conflict and have a spotless track record up this point. Was this pretty? No. But we're dealing a ton of damage and will continue to be a major player in this game long after this war. (Assuming I'm unable to convince Tenages to pull the plug. It's embarrassing to have our community be associated with this game. :)  ) Sadly, it won't even be an achievement. The majority of alliances in this game are complete garbage. There is no competition and the trash community makes it nearly impossible to play politics.

It's funny how arrogant you all are, and have been for a very long time, despite accomplishing nothing on your own. I also find it amusing how you fail to see your own incompetence.

Go ahead and leave if you want. The game will continue on without you just fine.

And you're competent yourself, Estelle?  What exactly have you accomplished in this game?

Just curious as to where your standard of judgement is here.

This thread isn't about me. If you want to know, then ask around.

Remember when all those GPA nations were fleeing and Guardian/SK wanted to go after them, with the justification that they should have left their alliance earlier if they didn't agree with what their leader was doing, because their leader represents them.

Yeah same thing here. Tenages represents SK. If SK members have a problem being associated with treachery then they can leave. 

Edited by Boony001
  • Upvote 6
6XmKiC2.png

15qc8oz.jpg

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

OBLIGATORY DISCLAIMER

** The views and opinions expressed by Tenages in the screenshots above are not representative of all members of Seven Kingdoms. You should not treat any opinion expressed by Tenages as the general sentiment among SK members, but only as an expression of his opinion. **

Why did you declare war then instead of replacing your leader/s?

The membership of SK by their very own actions have supported the plan of action set in motion by Tenages therefore saying that any opinion expressed by Tenages is not shared generally within the SK membership just does not add up.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Untitled.png

The free citizens of Seven Kingdoms are not arguing that the views of the King and Council aren't the official views of the alliance. Nor are they arguing that they alliance as a whole shouldn't be treated with according to the views and action of the King and Council. We are a autocratic monarchy. The word of King and Council is law, and all our loyal citizens understand that. The King is Blessed and Chosen of the Seven Who Are One, and he, along with his appointed council, represent the great Seven Kingdoms of Westeros

That of course in no way means that the free men of our Kingdoms lack the ability to disagree with the opinions of their government, or the actions taken by them. Our comrades are merely articulating their personal beliefs, and opinions, as is their right as free men of Westeros. They are not arguing they should be exempt from attack because their personal beliefs differ from the chosen policy of their government, they are simply clarifying their personal opinions. The men of the Seven Kingdoms are free men who may speak their own minds, not slaves yoked to the the plow. They have vowed loyalty to the Seven, and their chosen representatives on Orbis, not blind agreement in all things.

tl;dr: The community is misinterpreting statements of personal opinion from free people of Westeros for pleas and whinging.

• Upvote 4
wF9Bjre.gif

So as their leader, does that mean you are going to apologize for putting the people you are responsible for in a terrible position?

I'm sure it'll be done privately. Don't think anyone in SK would want a public thread for the sake of it but obviously I don't know. 

• Upvote 1

SK should know the consequences of the actions (and words) of a leader. You held GPA to this standard do the same for yourself. 

This is disgusting.

Edited by Neo-Nexus

8742143.png?170

Concilium Populusque Mandalórus ("The Council and the People of Mandalore")

: Carter and me have nukes, and Saxplayer is just sassy

So for those of you saying that Mensa and Guardian had no idea Tenages was plotting this, at least that seems to be what you're saying, can I get a confirmation of that?

So: Pfeiffer and Shellhound did not know about this.

Final answer?

EDIT:

Also has anyone heard of this Cody_K guy before?

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

"Dying old guard" is an interesting euphemism. We're days into a conflict and have a spotless track record up this point. Was this pretty? No. But we're dealing a ton of damage and will continue to be a major player in this game long after this war. (Assuming I'm unable to convince Tenages to pull the plug. It's embarrassing to have our community be associated with this game. :) ) Sadly, it won't even be an achievement. The majority of alliances in this game are complete garbage. There is no competition and the trash community makes it nearly impossible to play politics.

Trash community? Garbage? Yeah go ahead and leave with your arrogant, egotistic alliance. We don't need toxic players like you in this world, calling us out for being garbage/trash but ironically keeps on playing the same game that we do.

• Upvote 2

aphelion3_zpsonpnqy10.png

So what I'm getting from this is that because you lose one war you guys are going to rage quit. And it's only impossible to play politics for your alliance not for other alliances. Probably because of your tendency to hit alliance after alliance (and planning on backstabbing Rose as well) , no one wants to do politics with you, can you even blame them?  You and your alliance put yourselves in this position and now you're actually trying to pass the blame onto the community.

Edited by Neo-Nexus
  • Upvote 1

8742143.png?170

Concilium Populusque Mandalórus ("The Council and the People of Mandalore")

: Carter and me have nukes, and Saxplayer is just sassy

[snip]

When you move your war plans up a full month after your leader blows his load and causes half of his own coalition to flip sides you're well into a spiral towards obscurity. I realize you guys may have been relevant in the beta, but nobody cares for the beta now. Here and now you guys are falling and the only thing that's kept your side up ahead of the newer major allliances is the 4 months head start you've had building nations.

And with this war, that 4 month head start is going to be torn down... parity will be reestablished and the only thing keeping you a central sphere (your top tier) will become a marginal strength or perhaps even an outright weakness. Going forward you'll need to rebuild yourselves politically but considering you guys have a history of betraying alliances you ally I highly doubt anyone will take you on as anything more then a meat shield. You guys used to use Rose as your mid tier cover and then once they became the #1 alliance you all left them high and dry to be burned. Then you were going to use them again and burn them once more... I wonder how long it would've taken you all to begin the same processes against Mensa HQ had your plans gone accordingly or perhaps they were in the works but you all just managed to keep them under wraps this time?

In other words, you've already died but you don't realize it. Your alliance still has strength but as that rots away to the bone it'll suddenly don on you that you've been buried and the obituary read. Now don't take this personally, I don't dislike you or even anyone in your alliance... I respect that you all have the gumption to try and make moves, but I've also played these games for awhile and know what happens when an alliance garners a reputation as traitorous schemers and loses the marginal utility (top tier) they had that made them bearable in the first place. When Guardian drops you it'll make sense... when Mensa ease off relations, it'll make even more sense.

And thus, why I refer to you as a dying old guard... because your twilight was in the beta and early history of PW and now you're firmly in the eclipse and a moment later the descent. Because friendship is power, and you'll be hard pressed to find anymore soon enough. Again, I don't say this as an attack... but rather, I'm giving you the cold hard truth.

• Upvote 3

I don't think Seven Kingdoms will die off.  They've invested a lot into this.  You'll definitely see a change in how they handle their diplomacy though I'm sure.  They'll also definitely increase their security I'm sure, that leak really threw things off balance.

Still, let's not get too heated here.  We got a war to fight!  Pixels need to be dieing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hereno?  Is that you?

• Upvote 2

I don't think Seven Kingdoms will die off.  They've invested a lot into this.  You'll definitely see a change in how they handle their diplomacy though I'm sure.  They'll also definitely increase their security I'm sure, that leak really threw things off balance.

Still, let's not get too heated here.  We got a war to fight!  Pixels need to be dieing!

They won't literally die off or disband I'm only saying they won't be considered one of the top alliances in the game anymore for a long time. Also I'm not mad at all; I'm just very direct about things. Anyone who knows me can tell you that much, I don't really see the point in being coy about things so I'm not.

Also, I'm sure they'll rebound eventually but that eventuality won't be for a long while; It's just the cycle of life in political sims.

• Upvote 1

They won't literally die off or disband I'm only saying they won't be considered one of the top alliances in the game anymore for a long time. Also I'm not mad at all; I'm just very direct about things. Anyone who knows me can tell you that much, I don't really see the point in being coy about things so I'm not.

Also, I'm sure they'll rebound eventually but that eventuality won't be for a long while; It's just the cycle of life in political sims.

That is true.  Just look at GPA, they're still recovering from the dog pile they went through earlier this year.

All top alliances will eventually go through this cycle I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

That is true.  Just look at GPA, they're still recovering from the dog pile they went through earlier this year.

All top alliances will eventually go through this cycle I'm sure.

Valar morghulis.

• Upvote 2

As a somewhat informed bystander in all of this, one thing is for sure.  VE did a masterful job turning what looked like a poor situation for them a month or two back, into this.  With a bit of luck in the huge SK-leak, you were patient and didn't get an itchy trigger finger and let others falter around you.

It will be very interesting to see how the politics coalesce post-war.  VE being the biggest winner and Rose/Vanguard and DEIC being the biggest losers politically.  No offense intended.  Not exactly either of those three's fault.

• Upvote 3

When you move your war plans up a full month after your leader blows his load and causes half of his own coalition to flip sides you're well into a spiral towards obscurity. I realize you guys may have been relevant in the beta, but nobody cares for the beta now. Here and now you guys are falling and the only thing that's kept your side up ahead of the newer major allliances is the 4 months head start you've had building nations.

And with this war, that 4 month head start is going to be torn down... parity will be reestablished and the only thing keeping you a central sphere (your top tier) will become a marginal strength or perhaps even an outright weakness. Going forward you'll need to rebuild yourselves politically but considering you guys have a history of betraying alliances you ally I highly doubt anyone will take you on as anything more then a meat shield. You guys used to use Rose as your mid tier cover and then once they became the #1 alliance you all left them high and dry to be burned. Then you were going to use them again and burn them once more... I wonder how long it would've taken you all to begin the same processes against Mensa HQ had your plans gone accordingly or perhaps they were in the works but you all just managed to keep them under wraps this time?

In other words, you've already died but you don't realize it. Your alliance still has strength but as that rots away to the bone it'll suddenly don on you that you've been buried and the obituary read. Now don't take this personally, I don't dislike you or even anyone in your alliance... I respect that you all have the gumption to try and make moves, but I've also played these games for awhile and know what happens when an alliance garners a reputation as traitorous schemers and loses the marginal utility (top tier) they had that made them bearable in the first place. When Guardian drops you it'll make sense... when Mensa ease off relations, it'll make even more sense.

And thus, why I refer to you as a dying old guard... because your twilight was in the beta and early history of PW and now you're firmly in the eclipse and a moment later the descent. Because friendship is power, and you'll be hard pressed to find anymore soon enough. Again, I don't say this as an attack... but rather, I'm giving you the cold hard truth.

You should post more. This is pretty much spot on. The only thing I would add is that Guardian is just as bad, in fact worse historically, as SK. In the past they might have been able to get away with it, but their current leadership is simply inept.

Hey, none of that sir.  You need to whip out some old WWF quotes, like...

"In order to be the man, you got to beat the man." 42secs in.

That "Game of Thrones" stuff is claimed by Seven Kingdoms good sir.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1