[Fixed] Killing Spies does not kill spies

Blake Gillman

I attempted to Assassinate Spies in one of the Nations I just declared war on, the message I got told me that it was a success but then told that I killed 0 spies? I spent all my cash on Military so spending $56,000.00 for Espionage meant a lot, so when it tells me it completed without a problem, then tells me that 0 spies were killed. I get very confused and annoyed xD

""You successfully assassinated enemy spies in *****. Your spies killed 0 enemy spies. Your agents were able to operate undetected. The operation cost you $56,568.54 and 0 of your spies were captured and executed. Save this information somewhere safe; after you leave this page you will not be able to see this intelligence report again without executing another operation.""

Anyone got a Solution? Or is this just something that happens no matter what the outcome of the mission is?

Edited by kriller509

banner.png

Original Founder of the Brotherhood of Steel

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

[im=http://i.imgur.com/NGFenqH.gif?1]

I attempted to Assassinate Spies in one of the Nations I just declared war on, the message I got told me that it was a success but then told that I killed 0 spies? I spent all my cash on Military so spending $56,000.00 for Espionage meant a lot, so when it tells me it completed without a problem, then tells me that 0 spies were killed. I get very confused and annoyed xD

""You successfully assassinated enemy spies in *****. Your spies killed 0 enemy spies. Your agents were able to operate undetected. The operation cost you $56,568.54 and 0 of your spies were captured and executed. Save this information somewhere safe; after you leave this page you will not be able to see this intelligence report again without executing another operation.""

Anyone got a Solution? Or is this just something that happens no matter what the outcome of the mission is?

That's not always the outcome. There are multiple rolls that happen, you got a successful op, but a failure on damage. It happens.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

That's not always the outcome. There are multiple rolls that happen, you got a successful op, but a failure on damage. It happens.

Well my point being how it says "You successfully assassinated enemy spie" if it just told me that the op was successful but that I couldn't kill any spies, that'd be one thing. but it literally told me that I had assassinated one, then said 0 was killed.

banner.png

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

maybe one of your spies hit the wrong person and it turned out to just be a government official

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

• Administrators

I've updated it so there should be a minimum of at least 1 spy being killed for a successful operation of this type.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I've updated it so there should be a minimum of at least 1 spy being killed for a successful operation of this type.

Thanks, :D

banner.png

Indie Game Developer

To use later:

Are you doing that for all ops then so that you basically can't fail and do a minimum amount of damage? Cause that's essentially what you've done with this op. If that's the case you should apply it the same way across all spy ops and all military ops (if not already like that)

Are you doing that for all ops then so that you basically can't fail and do a minimum amount of damage? Cause that's essentially what you've done with this op. If that's the case you should apply it the same way across all spy ops and all military ops (if not already like that)

That's not what he did here. Previously, you could have had a 99% success rate on a kill spies mission and have a successful op, but still kill 0 spies. That's not successful, even if you don't get caught. All Sheepy has done is ensure that if you have a successful op, you kill at least one spy instead of at least 0 spies.

That's not what he did here. Previously, you could have had a 99% success rate on a kill spies mission and have a successful op, but still kill 0 spies. That's not successful, even if you don't get caught. All Sheepy has done is ensure that if you have a successful op, you kill at least one spy instead of at least 0 spies.

Clearly you don't understand how the rest of the system works. There are multiple rolls that happen. You can have a successful op and get no damage out of it. It's always been that way. If he ONLY did this for this specific op, then the rest of the ops need tweaking to match.

As well, there will need to be tweaks to adjust the military ops which also have multiple rolls where if you have a successful roll you're guaranteed damage.

It is a bad change if it wasn't implemented across the board. But then again, we've got lots of things that have been badly implemented so far.

Edited by Micheal Malone

• Administrators

Clearly you don't understand how the rest of the system works. There are multiple rolls that happen. You can have a successful op and get no damage out of it. It's always been that way. If he ONLY did this for this specific op, then the rest of the ops need tweaking to match.

As well, there will need to be tweaks to adjust the military ops which also have multiple rolls where if you have a successful roll you're guaranteed damage.

It is a bad change if it wasn't implemented across the board. But then again, we've got lots of things that have been badly implemented so far.

Espionage works different than war functions. There's not multiple rolls, it's a simpler process.

You can still fail the operation, but if it says "you successfully assassinated 0 spies" that doesn't make a lot of sense. You didn't successfully assassinate anything.

The other espionage operation types are a little more ambiguous, such as "you successfully detonated a bomb in a barracks, killing 0 soldiers". Sure, you still blew it up, but everyone was in bomb-gear (or something).

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link