New Russian Empire

James Gordon

Will Putin Create a New Russian Empire?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will Putin Create a New Russian Empire?

• Yes, but he is reunifying the Russian People
    • Yes, he wants to bring back the USSR
    • Yes, he just wants an Empire
    • No, only go to highly Russian Populated areas
    • No, only Ukraine
    • No, the West misunderstands Putin
    • Other, my answer is not on this list

I respect both Putin and Ukranians. Both are doing what is best for their Nations.

Imperator Emeritus of the IAA, The Last Francoist, Ivan's Eye, Hand of the King, Senator, SHADOWS Commander, Order Hero

AqfocXT.png

"The Voice of the People is the Voice of God" - Queen Liliuokalani

In the overall theory i think putin is going to try to bring back russia's former glory, like during the days of the soviet empire. but. i could be wrong

• Upvote 1

"History repeats it'self because no one listened the first time, nor even the second time."

He is only rescuing the oppressed Russian minorities! Shame on every single country and faction in Eastern Europe!

Agreed, Putin simply wants to Unite the Russians.

I respect both Putin and Ukranians. Both are doing what is best for their Nations.

Agreed, I think the thing Russia and Ukraine should do is give the North-East to Russia because it has a Russian Majority and let the rest of Ukraine be Ukraine because of Ukrainian Majority. Or...just go Pan-Slavism and take over every Slavic Country.

In the overall theory i think putin is going to try to bring back russia's former glory, like during the days of the soviet empire. but. i could be wrong

Maybe. I'm questionable as well. I think it's not so much he wants the USSR as he wants the Russian Tsarist Empire back. In other words, unite all Russians.

mx5U7tN.jpg

I imagine that most every large nation is trying to build its own little empire(In some cases de facto), so yeah, I'd say that Putin is trying to build an empire(or has already built one), alongside China, the US, and any other sizable country :P

• Upvote 1

http://7kingdoms.net/skrp/

^Forum based nation building RP. You should join it^

I imagine that most every large nation is trying to build its own little empire(In some cases de facto), so yeah, I'd say that Putin is trying to build an empire(or has already built one), alongside China, the US, and any other sizable country :P

I agree

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

I myself am disgusted by Putin's actions in Ukraine. First he annexes Crimea, which had Russian majority. This could have been done through agreements. Then he continues to invade Ukraine. If the supposedly oppressed Russian 'minorities' wanted to join Russia, than it could have been done peacefully. Do you guys have any idea how many lives have been lost due to Russia supplying the violent separatists? Thousands upon thousands. It is barbaric. Putin needs to stay within his own borders. In a recent Russian documentary, he told Russian journalists that he was 'scared enough' to use nuclear weapons during the crisis. This is no laughing matter. Nuclear bombs virtually wipe out entire cities. So it disgusts me to see so many pro Russian people here.

• Upvote 2

Just to clear things up, I was being sarcastic.

Good because if that was serious that would have been stupid. I mean, even if they are "rescuing the opressed minorities", which is worse, oppression or loss of life?

"A bad peace is worse than a war" - Tacitus

10177229_958320047541928_772769515383668

Edited by Kamehameha

Imperator Emeritus of the IAA, The Last Francoist, Ivan's Eye, Hand of the King, Senator, SHADOWS Commander, Order Hero

AqfocXT.png

This is an extreme oversimplification of international affairs. I can only assume the OP is in middle or high school.

Also:

"A bad peace is worse than a war" - Tacitus

"There never was a good war, or a bad peace." --Ben Franklin.

• Upvote 2

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."

Im sorry if you have chains on your neck it is a bad peace.

AqfocXT.png

I myself am disgusted by Putin's actions in Ukraine. First he annexes Crimea, which had Russian majority. This could have been done through agreements. Then he continues to invade Ukraine. If the supposedly oppressed Russian 'minorities' wanted to join Russia, than it could have been done peacefully. Do you guys have any idea how many lives have been lost due to Russia supplying the violent separatists? Thousands upon thousands. It is barbaric. Putin needs to stay within his own borders. In a recent Russian documentary, he told Russian journalists that he was 'scared enough' to use nuclear weapons during the crisis. This is no laughing matter. Nuclear bombs virtually wipe out entire cities. So it disgusts me to see so many pro Russian people here.

putin uses it as an excuse to invade ukraine.

"History repeats it'self because no one listened the first time, nor even the second time."

It's no worse than anything the West has done throughout history. No worse than invading Iraq, Afghanistan or Grenada. And in comparison, it's not like Russians are occupying all of Ukraine and enforcing their ways on them (the Ukrainian Rada and government are fascist oligarchs anyway, so it's not like they're all that different from the Russians), like some nations I could mention have done to others.

There are no bad/good guys, only interests. To criticize the Putin while ignoring similar, heinous acts committed by our own leaders, is just lowlife hypocrisy. Remember, only one nation has ever used a nuclear weapon against another nation, and it wasn't the Russians. And really, you have to understand the difference between rhetoric and what is actually likely to happen. For Putin, it's beneficial to say he's "scared enough to use nuclear weapons", because it sends a jolt of fear throughout everyone that opposes him on the matter. It does not in any way mean that the Russian government is anywhere close to actually using a nuclear weapon, which is a laughable notion. Every single nation in the world that possesses nuclear weapons knows that as soon as they start using them, things get real tense, real fast. No one is actually foolish enough to press the button, it would be suicide.

I'm not pro-Russian, I'm just anti-bullcrap hypocrisy and anti-seeing the world purely in terms of black/white.

Edited by Big Brother

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

It's no worse than anything the West has done throughout history. No worse than invading Iraq, Afghanistan or Grenada. And in comparison, it's not like Russians are occupying all of Ukraine and enforcing their ways on them (the Ukrainian Rada and government are fascist oligarchs anyway, so it's not like they're all that different from the Russians), like some nations I could mention have done to others.

There are no bad/good guys, only interests. To criticize the Putin while ignoring similar, heinous acts committed by our own leaders, is just lowlife hypocrisy. Remember, only one nation has ever used a nuclear weapon against another nation, and it wasn't the Russians. And really, you have to understand the difference between rhetoric and what is actually likely to happen. For Putin, it's beneficial to say he's "scared enough to use nuclear weapons", because it sends a jolt of fear throughout everyone that opposes him on the matter. It does not in any way mean that the Russian government is anywhere close to actually using a nuclear weapon, which is a laughable notion. Every single nation in the world that possesses nuclear weapons knows that as soon as they start using them, things get real tense, real fast. No one is actually foolish enough to press the button, it would be suicide.

I'm not pro-Russian, I'm just anti-bullcrap hypocrisy and anti-seeing the world purely in terms of black/white.

But when the U.S. invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, those nations were under violent control, killing thousands of their own citizens.
  • Upvote 1

Are you under the impression that those invasions stopped the violence and murders of thousands of their own citizens? Because they didn't, violence is still very, very high and climbing.

And frankly, if the United States can go half around the world to protect Iraqi, Libyan or Afghani citizens from the violence they perpetrate against themselves, why is it so much less acceptable for the Russian Federation to go literally just across their own border to protect Russian, or Russian speaking citizens?

It makes no sense at all. Unless you practice doublethink, you cannot accept military intervention for the sake of protection by one nation, and then condemn it when the same is done by another nation.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The Russian government wants to create some kind of Eurasian Empire, that is obvious. But I don't think they are going to succeed. Russia's economy and society are suffering and all of their allies (read colonies) are poor and irrevelant. I think the right question should be: "Will Putin prevent Russia from sliding into a deep recession?"

The Russian government wants to create some kind of Eurasian Empire, that is obvious. But I don't think they are going to succeed. Russia's economy and society are suffering and all of their allies (read colonies) are poor and irrevelant. I think the right question should be: "Will Putin prevent Russia from sliding into a deep recession?"

no gravedigging.

• Moderators

no gravedigging.

Incorrect.

Gravedigging

Replying to, or “bumpingâ€, old, unpinned topics which have been inactive for at least 30 days. The following exceptions apply:

Alliance Affairs - topics with no posts for at least 10 days will be considering gravedigging.

The following are immune to the rule, as long as replies are constructive and remain on-topic.

Alliance Recruitment

Free Trade Market

Game Discussion

Game Suggestions

All forums in the Social Hub

Carry on.
  • Upvote 2

The unification of greater Russia is not a Putin idea. Its just an idea. Dlya materi Rossii!

russia-ukraine-citizenship-bill.si.jpg

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

What Russia is doing is wrong. What the West has done in many instances was wrong. Basically everybody is wrong.

• Upvote 1

VEsig3.png

• 2 weeks later...

What Russia is doing is wrong. What the West has done in many instances was wrong. Basically everybody is wrong.

Whats wrong with democracy?

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

Whats wrong with democracy?

If you mean specifically with democracy, it's like what Churchill said, it's the worst form of government except every other one we've tried. It has its flaws like any other, mainly because people are flawed.

If you mean with what Russia's done, plenty. I assume you're talking about the vote in Crimea, which happened during a Russian occupation. Not to mention what they're currently doing in eastern Ukraine. They had an excuse in Georgia, Georgia basically picked a fight. They have no such thing here.

As for what the West has done wrong, plenty. If you mean recently, well a clear example would be the Iraq war. That wasn't handled well, and then the pullout wasn't either (so yes, both Bush and Obama screwed up there). Every country has skeletons in its closet if you look hard enough.

VEsig3.png