FOFA - $1,000,000+ PER DAY IN PRIZES - International Soccer

Nicklas

World Rankings & Fixtures Found Here

Challenges Can Be Issued to Other Teams Here

v8skMdZ.gif

One of the greatest equalizers in the world has been and always will be sport, where nation size, infrastructure, and military might can be put aside so that two elite teams of athletes can battle for their nations on the pitch.  

I;d like to announce the creation of the â€‹Fédération Orbis de Football Association (FOFA).  FOFA's intention is to act as a governing body for international competition in the sport of football throughout Orbis.  Does your nation have what it takes to be the world number one?  

What is this?

This is a minigame that I came up with to create a little bit of excitement and new opportunities for moneymaking and roleplaying within Orbis.  I have written a pretty basic soccer match simulator (using Google Sheets) that will take the ratings of two teams and output a match result (with a bit of luck involved).  The way I envision this is that a country can pay a one-time fee to enroll in FOFA, and then pay to upgrade their team's overall strength, which has an impact on match results.

Sounds good.  How do I sign up?

1) Post here with your country info, as well as a link to your country.  

2) Post the number of cities you have.

3) Pay any upgrade fees, if necessary.

4) I'll create your team in the simulator, and you'll be ready to play matches.

What are the attributes of my team?

FOFA teams have the following attributes in the simulator:

• Rank - Your rank within the FOFA organization.  Teams are ranked based on their Rating.
  • Rating - Your team's Strength + Form + Wins - Losses + ((Capacity)/2.5).  New teams start with no Rating, but will be rated after their first five matches.
  • Strength - The basic rating of your team's skill.  Team's with higher Strength tend to win most of their matches (though there is some luck involved and lower-strength teams can beat higher-strength teams occasionally). Your team starts with Strength 100.
  • Form - Form is affected by your team's wins and losses.  If a lower-ranked team beats a higher-ranked team, the most form that team can gain is 500. If a lower-ranked team beats a higher-ranked team, the higher rank now loses 20 percent of the form gained by the opponent. (e.g. 500 gained by opponent = 100 lost by the loser).  If a higher rank beats a lower rank, the winner gains 1 and the loser loses 1.  If the win came on the road, the winner gains 2 and the loser loses 2.
  • Losing Form - Normally, a loss costs you 1 Form (2 if losing at home). You can lose more Form by losing to inferior opponents.  You lose 5 form for losing to an opponent with a lower rating at the start of the match.  You lose 10 form if that loss comes at home.
  • Capacity - The capacity of your team's home stadium.  A bigger stadium provides a more intimidating atmosphere to the visiting team, giving the home team advantages in matches.  Your team starts with a stadium that can hold 10,000 fans.  Each city adds 20,000 to Capacity.

How do simulations work?

Challenges and match reports can be found in this thread: http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6151-fofa-challenges-match-results-thread/

Once a match is declared, it will be simulated.  If there is a wager involved, the other player must accept before the match will be simmed.  Simulations work as follows:

1. A coin is tossed to determine the home and away team.  Exception to this rule is during tournament fixtures where seeding is in play (high seed is home).  In World Cup games, all matches will be played at a neutral site (no home-field advantage).
  2. The two teams are entered into the simulator, and a match number is calculated for each.  The match number is calculated based on each team's Strength, Form, and Capacity.  Attendance is a semi-controllable factor for the home team: the teams get a random attendance factor based on the Capacity - a random number (sellouts provide more power than weak attendance, and remember that visiting fans will be there too!).  Finally, there are uncontrollable factors, such as Referee (randomly generated) and Luck (randomly generated).
  3. The team with the highest match number wins the match.  The simulator will output a series of scores, and I will choose the most realistic one (i.e. if the sim outputs 10-9, 11-5, and 3-1 as the scores, I will choose 3-1 as it is the most realistic).
  4. Draws are re-simmed, no penalty kicks

What can I win?

A daily payout of $1,000,000 will be made to the World Number One nation, as an incentive to rise to the top of the rankings.

The second and third place teams each day win $200,000 and $100,000, respectively.

In addition, a World Cup will periodically be held, with a larger prize for the champion.  

How do I make my team better?

In addition to being the signup thread, this is also the team management and upgrade thread.  You can upgrade your team's Strength for money.  To do so:

1) Post your country name & region

2) Post your desired upgrades (e.g. Strength +1)

3) Post the total cost of your upgrades

4) Wait for me to quote your upgrade request with "Approved".  If you make a mistake, you'll need to fix it before paying.

5) Send your payment in a trade, and I will update your team in the simulator

Example:

Region: North America

Upgrade: Strength +5 (100 => 105)

Total cost: $50,000

Below, please find cost charts for upgrades:

Strength:

Your team starts with 100 strength.  Any point above 100 costs $10,000.

It costs $1,000,000 to gain 100 strength, for example.

Capacity

Since this value is determined based on the amount of cities in your country, it is your responsibility to post here and let me know you've added cities to your country if you want the bonus counted in the sim.  Each city adds 20,000 to Capacity.

It is up to you to post here if you add cities to your country in order to gain the bonus to Capacity.  I will not track it down.

Nobody will lose capacity (for example, if cities wrecked in a war). 

Where can I play matches?

http://politicsandwa...results-thread/

Players may bet on matches.  However, I will not serve as the intermediary for any bets.  If you wager someone, beat them, and they don't pay you, there is nothing that can be done to make them pay you on my side.  However, if one manager has multiple reports of reneging on bets, I may just remove that manager from FOFA.

Will there be a World Cup?

We have already hosted one, and it was hosted in Phintopia and won by Empire of Armenia!

World Cup II is planned once we reach 32 teams.

Edited by Nicklas
  • Upvote 1

So on second thought, I think the prices were a bit too high for upgrades, so I knocked them all down by a factor of 10.  I also made it so that Stadiums you have in your country are used to determine your Supporters & Capacity.

I know pay-to-win mechanics are kind of lame, but I don't know of any other way to differentiate teams in the simulator, and don't really want to rely solely on random number generation.  I feel like it's more fun if there are strong teams and weak teams.  Allows for things like upsets, rivalries, etc. With this model, it would cost you less than $200,000 to create your team and build it up to 99 strength.

Also, keep in mind that strength can essentially be gained through winning matches (Form is added to Strength when match number is calculated, so if you are many games over .500, you will have a pretty high Form number).

Edited by Nicklas

Upgrade: Strength +100 (0 => 100)

Total cost: $100,000

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Upgrade: Strength +100 (0 => 100)

Total cost: $100,000

Cool, welcome to FOFA!

You actually start out with a base strength of 50, so the total cost of your upgrades would be:

50 => 59 - $4,500

60 => 69 - $10,000

70 => 79 - $20,000

80 => 89 - $40,000

90 => 99 - $80,000

99 => 100 - $20,000

Total cost: $174,500

There is also a one-time $20,000 registration fee, which brings the total to $194,500

Is that ok?

Accepted.  I'm setting up the match request/report thread now, so once there's another team signed up, you'll be able to challenge them.

Edit: And here it is: http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6151-fofa-challenges-match-results-thread/

Edited by Nicklas

Upgrade: Strength +100 (50 => 100)

Send me the offer pls

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Upgrade: Strength +100 (50 => 100)

Send me the offer pls

Will send you the offer.  Keep in mind that there is a $20,000 signup fee, so the total is $194,500.  I'll put you in the list once you accept.

• Upvote 1

Two things:

1) Daily payout to the world number one team by rating (400k, starting on 5/11)

2) A World Cup, with a purse for the winner (larger prize, probably something in the range of $1,000,000 or $2,000,000)

Before that, is there a reward for winning?

Upgrade Strength: 50 ->100

Total cost: 194,500

Edited by Nicklas

Two things:

1) Daily payout to the world number one team by rating (400k, starting on 5/11)

2) A World Cup, with a purse for the winner (larger prize, probably something in the range of $1,000,000 or $2,000,000)

I am in.

Upgrade: Strength +25

Total cost: $500,000

is there no maximum strength?
Edited by Arthur James

No maximum right now.  Depending on how much people spend, I may implement some more tiered pricing to make it harder to add strength.  Right now it's 20,000 for every point over 100.

I am in.

is there no maximum strength?

I have 22 stadiums... What will that do for me?

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

22 stadiums gives you 230 for Supporters and Capacity.  A significant advantage.

I am thinking of factoring supporters/capacity into the rating somehow, or having Form be variable (beating a much better team should give you more form).  Right now, the rating is heavily weighted towards strength.

• Upvote 1

I made a change to the Rating formula to account for Supporters and Capacity as well.  Let's try this out and see how it shakes out.  Feedback welcome.

Edit: Also changed Form.  Instead of getting 1 form for a win, you will now gain 1/2 the difference between your form and the team you beat.  

E.g. a rating 100 beats a rating 200 = 50 form gained for the winner.

If the 200 beats the 100, the 200 gains 1 form only.

Also, since the road team seems to be at a disadvantage, beating a superior team on the road will give 3/4 the difference in rating to your Form.

As far as losing form goes - if you lose a game to an inferior opponent, you lose 5 form.  If it is at home, you lose 10 form.

Edited by Nicklas

On the rankings it says I have only one win but on the fixtures I have two.  Just pointing it out.

If you haven't updated it recently thats fine, I'm just letting you know.

Edit: I see that you have changed it, thank you

Edited by QuatroQuatro