To whom it may concern

Impero

Recently, one of our members (as well as UPN's) received a bugged trade from someone named Pol Pot which granted them a windfall of cash.

When we saw the trade to Ford, we immediately contacted Sheepy, without any delay, which he can confirm, and told him of the bug and the fact that these members have cash on hand that is not theirs. Sheepy can confirm this.

While ford is a bit...special...and decided to use some of the cash, we fully expect and hope that he will simply be rolled back and any trades sent out from that windfall be erased.

Thank you,

Impero

• Upvote 2

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

Anyone who uses this should be reset. Or even banned. 

There's no excuse for cheating.

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Same issue with me. I got more millions and resources then I had in alpha lol. My growth graph can indicate that I haven't used a cent. 

Edited by Abbas Medhi
  • Upvote 1

I am not a member of Guardian p&w

f2VouKU.png

12:01 <•Skynet> Enough about it.

12:01 <•Skynet> Sheepy knows. Sheepy will fix.

12:01 <•Skynet> I'm speaking to him right now about it.

12:01 <•Skynet> If you've reported it, then used the money. That's still absuing an exploit.

12:01 <•Skynet> And you will be dealt with.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

I never benefit from these cheats  :(

I mean, uh, not that I would ever abuse it. But, uh, I'd like to feel included just once. Yea that's it, included... shifty.gif

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

What a major mess people have made here.  By spending the exploit money, you've created a massive amount of work for anyone to try and roll back and some of the knock on effects can't be dealt with at all really.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few people are hit with the banhammer over this.  Creating lots of unnecessary work for admins doesn't generally go down well.  I'd imagine some people are going to find themselves significantly poorer than they currently are too.

If you're one of the idiots using the exploit, do yourselves a favour and stop spending the money now.  The longer this trail gets the more drastic the measures that they may need to take.

• Upvote 2

What a major mess people have made here.  By spending the exploit money, you've created a massive amount of work for anyone to try and roll back and some of the knock on effects can't be dealt with at all really.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few people are hit with the banhammer over this.  Creating lots of unnecessary work for admins doesn't generally go down well.  I'd imagine some people are going to find themselves significantly poorer than they currently are too.

If you're one of the idiots using the exploit, do yourselves a favour and stop spending the money now.  The longer this trail gets the more drastic the measures that they may need to take.

Better tell your AA leader that. ;)

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Lol I got 77 mil. I already sent a PM to sheepy... which he hasn't even read yet >.>

Here I'm hoping at least my steel will get refunded. It's really funny how pol pot wont stop talking about bourgeois stuff yadda yadda when he himself get a lot of money out of nowhere. Truly, he is a communist leader

• Upvote 2
UedhRvY.png

Pfeiffers trades look pretty typical to me.  What's your problem?

Alright. Fair enough. I just spied him and his resources/cash seem normal.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

So why are you throwing around accusations of cheating?

Because reasons...

But I was wrong, so there you have it.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Blaming the users for exploiting exploits is stupid; if there's no benefit to be had from discovering exploits people won't search for exploits at all, just kicking the can down the road for later, and not searching for exploits limits players' creativity; the game is meant to be played as it's coded, not as intended in a mouldering design document in a safe somewhere.

As far as VE goes, you have to commend them for announcing the exploit publicly instead of storing it in a safe somewhere for desperate times or as a way to surreptitiously generate funds. You also have to note that others have attempted to benefit from the exploit, so it's not only their problem.

I think two things should be done: administration should step in immediately to indicate that attempting to benefit from VE's infinite money exploit can be considered as grounds for rollback or reset, and VE should cooperate by disclosing a list of members that have participated in this particular exploit, so that players know not to interact with them in ways that can be considered exploiting VE's infinite money glitch.

Second, administration should make a reliable program to reward bug discovery and reportage. Many exploits aren't really "game-breaking", and many straddle the line of decency, so alliances have an incentive to hoard exploits / gimmicks for strategic and tactical use. Getting players in the habit of getting approval for their exploits and rewards if they're considered illegal keeps players looking for ways to break the game, sometimes in interesting and enjoyable ways, while reducing the odds of a labor-intensive reset, or god-forbid, the customer relations nightmare of a deletion or banning.