Stalin?

Pol Pot

why is the person who stopped the nazis and the holocaust and saved millions of lives by defeating fascism so hated by the west?

are the capitalist just upset that comrade stalin's policies worked?

• Upvote 2

Stalin was a quasi-genocidal maniac who murdered unceasingly and caused extreme misery

The allies should continued on after we took Berlin and cut his head off, if you ask me.

Edit:

I appreciate the end of the Holocaust, but Stalin tried to be friends with Hitler at first

The only reason he ended up fighting him was because Hitler turned

I'm actually a Jew and I consider Stalin basically as bad as Hitler

And I know many people who consider him shi*tier

Edited by MRBOOTY
  • Upvote 1

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Stalin didnt want to be friends with hitler, instead he was watching hitler amass a large military and saw him take land through appeasement and watched the league of nations do nothing. And while he watched hitler do all of this, stalin himself had a feeling that hitler was gonna head towards the Soviet Union and at the same time it didnt help that hitler was anti communist so what did stalin do, he went and made a treaty with hitler to buy the Soviet Union time to build up its military and supplies.

And then a few years later after taking a portion of poland and almost all of western europe hitler went and turned on the soviet union but Stalin bought his nation enough time to build up a military to confront the nazis and be able to deliver the nazis their first defeat.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Actually, Stalin was completely stunned at the attack. Official reports say he was silent for hours in shock and anger.

Really, i know he knew that hitler was very anti communist and wanted to see the communists wiped out and figured that was one of the reasons why he made a treaty with hitler to see to it that he wouldnt invade soviet russia just to buy his nation some time.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Stalin didnt want to be friends with hitler, instead he was watching hitler amass a large military and saw him take land through appeasement and watched the league of nations do nothing. And while he watched hitler do all of this, stalin himself had a feeling that hitler was gonna head towards the Soviet Union and at the same time it didnt help that hitler was anti communist so what did stalin do, he went and made a treaty with hitler to buy the Soviet Union time to build up its military and supplies.

And then a few years later after taking a portion of poland and almost all of western europe hitler went and turned on the soviet union but Stalin bought his nation enough time to build up a military to confront the nazis and be able to deliver the nazis their first defeat.

Not really. The Soviets got pretty !@#$ed up in the earlier years. They simply threw wave after wave of infantry at the Germans until the Germans froze to death. :P Stalin was pretty surprised by the attack, and who wasn't? Even the Nazis, and the whole world was pretty surprised by his move on Russia considering he was already losing against Britain. 

Stalin would have budied up next to Hitler, but an alliance between the two could never have lasted.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

^ stalemate* Stalemate against Britain.

Nah. He already lost the battle of Britain by the time he invaded USSR. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

When it comes to Stalin, to me it really boils down to a sort of "do the ends justify the means" discussion. I am of the opinion that they did, although I can perfectly understand why a lot of people don't.

Some people (like Stalin) are more willing to do what is absolutely necessary (and then some), regardless of the pain, death and suffering it might inflict.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Stalin was just as bad as Adolf Hitler. Stalin is known for millions of deaths from his gulags, and widely known massacare of those POLISH officiers commited by the KGB agents. Stalin wasn't good, he was the source of evil. Just like you Mr Pol Pot :)

Edited by Francisco Franco Bah
  • Upvote 1

Even his own people hated him, Khrushchev and his De-Stalinization speech.

Oh, I don't know about that. I don't know how popular he was during Khrushchev times, but nowadays Stalin is actually popular, and rising in popularity among countries in the former Soviet Union, which seems to indicate he must have remained popular with some of the population for quite some time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11506970/Proportion-of-Russians-who-respect-Stalin-is-growing-poll-suggests.html

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/poll-finds-stalins-popularity-high/476342.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/12/28/us-russia-stalin-idUSTRE4BR17620081228

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/rbth/features/9335008/josef-stalin-revered-reviled.html

Edited by Big Brother

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Oh, I don't know about that. I don't know how popular he was during Khrushchev times, but nowadays Stalin is actually popular, and rising in popularity among countries in the former Soviet Union, which seems to indicate he must have remained popular with some of the population for quite some time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11506970/Proportion-of-Russians-who-respect-Stalin-is-growing-poll-suggests.html

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/poll-finds-stalins-popularity-high/476342.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/12/28/us-russia-stalin-idUSTRE4BR17620081228

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/rbth/features/9335008/josef-stalin-revered-reviled.html

Im going by the past not the present. Back than people like Krushchev denounce Stalin as a tyrant who was only in it for personal gain, and didn't follow Lenin's real ideology. Even Tito didn't like Stalin and broke away from him because of his power trip and his paranoid personality. Stalin purged most if the Red Army generals cause they were getting popular after the war and was afraid that they would "overthrow" him. After his death the Soviet puppet states like Hungary started riots to kick out Soviet troops from their country, as they were no longer scared of Stalin since he is gone. Though eventuality the Hungarian Revolution was crushed, and they got rid of Imre Nagy and replaced him with a more loyal Hungarian Communist, Janos Kadar.

People today didn't live through the the time when Stalin was still a leader, and that is why they like him. Just like all the skin heads worshiping Hitler now.

Different generations have different outcomes.

But like you said earlier, maybe he was a ruthless leader because it needed to be done, who knows.

FYI I don't hate Stalin, I find him to be an interesting person to read about.

Edited by Simmons
  • Upvote 1

Of course they trashed Stalin after his death, he kept the Party bourgeoisie in check. After Stalin the Soviets went downhill.

Imperator Emeritus of the IAA, The Last Francoist, Ivan's Eye, Hand of the King, Senator, SHADOWS Commander, Order Hero

AqfocXT.png

"The Voice of the People is the Voice of God" - Queen Liliuokalani

Stalin has long been considered a national hero since the end of WWII, regardless of his terrible mass murders or his successors opinions.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

The western capitalist are jealous of his glorious proletariat mustache.

He does have a wonderful mustache.

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

• 3 weeks later...

The notion that Stalin "killed more people than Hitler" is more propaganda than anything else, and based upon a very loose interpretation of what it means to "kill."  In order to inflate Stalin's body count, you have to include famines and other disasters, and while it is arguable to suggest they may have been preventable, are not on par with Hitler's aggressive wars and his genocidal campaign.  

Stalin was not a nice guy, but it is pure Western cold war propaganda to put him in the Hitler category.

Apple_of_Discord.png

Well, that's not entirely true. Most of Soviet Russia had the image of Stalin as "Uncle Joe" who cared for and loved all the Soviet peoples.  When shit went down with crackdowns, gulags, purging, etc., they blamed all of the local elites and bureaucrats. However, it was really Stalin who was ordering most of these things to happen, frequently purging high ranks of officers, factory managers, etc.

The Russian people as a whole loved Stalin for the most part while he was alive. Even Chinese Communists looked to him as a leader of the global movement, breaking away from the Soviets after his death. Public opinion in Russia turned after his death and de-Stalinization.

aktm.png

Stalin was the leader Russia needed.

Make no mistake this statement is absolutely true.

Post WWI Russia absolutely needed a strong and powerful leader that could bring Russia forward. Stalin may have utterly crushed all dissidence in his rise and sustainment of power, but he also created a powerful industrial giant of a nation, an updated and powerful military (while poorly lead and trained was still quite potent) and was arguably the only leader in WWII that refused to quite no matter what was happening to his nation. If the same sort of destruction and death occurred in France or Britain, the people would have voted those leaders out immediately and sued for peace... Stalin was not someone you could do that to as easily. Without Stalin the USSR may not have survived Operation Barbarossa. 

And despite the hate, Stalin was actually quite a shrewd politician, if more then a little paranoid about everyone around him.

The notion that Stalin "killed more people than Hitler" is more propaganda than anything else, and based upon a very loose interpretation of what it means to "kill."  In order to inflate Stalin's body count, you have to include famines and other disasters, and while it is arguable to suggest they may have been preventable, are not on par with Hitler's aggressive wars and his genocidal campaign.  

Stalin was not a nice guy, but it is pure Western cold war propaganda to put him in the Hitler category.

Even if you only count the Holodomor, that's still 1/4-1/2 half of the holocaust. That's only one of many atrocities, you can argue total numbers all day long, but the total numbers are on the same scale. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ignorant westerners arguing about things they know nothing of....... I for one am quite entertained.  :popcorn:

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

why is the person who stopped the nazis and the holocaust and saved millions of lives by defeating fascism so hated by the west?

are the capitalist just upset that comrade stalin's policies worked?

Obvious troll is obvious

Russian massacres are well known facts. Stalins l purges as wells.

Edited by Hysteria

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸