Religion

Oskar

Religion  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What religion do you believe to be correct?

that is why athiest stupid!

they think they can prove god not exist!!!

I can't prove that unicorns don't exist but it doesn't mean I should believe they do.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

• 4 weeks later...

Ah Pastafarianism. I would join, but it's mean to mock the mentally ill.

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

But that is what Abrahmic religion comes down to. Free will or not, God did in fact create evil. There is no way around that except to deny that God created Lucifer, or to suggest that he is not all knowing.

The Cathars could have helped you develop more than 2 options. But they were all killed in the first major inquisition in Christendom.

How stupid are the athiests!

what made universe???

universe come from nothing athiest say!

how stupid!

fact: einstein belived in god! are you smarter then einstein athiest idiots!!!?? 

It is illogical to not believe in an origin, only because our logic is based on our own existential perspective. Wow, I am so deep even I don't understand what I mean...

I went to a high school run by Jesuits. You know, the Soldiers of Christ. My main God-dude, Father Brennan, had spent 10 years in jail for stabbing someone while he was on acid (and put him into a coma for the rest of his life). He was a very deep thinker, wracked by guilt over his actions, and striving 15 years after the fact to contain his naturally raging personality. The last religious conversation I had with him went something like this:

Father B.: "Do you agree that God is all-knowing?"

Me: "Sure."

Father B. "Is He all-powerful?"

Me: "Sure."

Father B. "Then can he learn?"

I realize that this is a common grinder, but I was 16 and had never heard it before. What follows is the interesting part.

Me: "Well, that depends which of his superpowers come first."

Father B. "Quit being a dipshit (sic), Buck."

Me: "I dunno. What do you think?"

Father B. "I believe that he can. Why?"

Me (after quite a bit of reflection): "Because God is learning, as he is everything else."

Father Brennan looked at me, astonished. I could tell that this was the answer he was shooting for, and he did not get it often. His eyes, normally strained with his heavy burden of guilt, were wide as saucers - I guess he felt that he was getting though. 

Me: "So, is this the kind of thing you contemplated in prison, or does it date back to your acid days?" We had a very open, frank relationship.

Father B. "It dates back to my acid days. And that's what fuels my doubt."

This kind of challenge was typical of Jesuits' critical approach to faith. I guess it did not have the intended effect - I resolved later that day to not waste my life on subjects I could not make a dent in, or be so arrogant to think that I can peer into the mind of God. I have never felt closer to God by stepping into a church, mosque, temple, synagogue...etc Maybe the Universe is God. Either way, I don't think the path to truth is to ignore everything that has happened since a handful of sun-stroked goat herders learned how to write.

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this somehow starts a flame war, but I just would like to see the various religious viewpoints. If you're brave, comment with why you think your religion is correct. 

Though I'm Catholic, I still think Deism should have been added.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1