4/19/2015 - Vacation Mode

Alex

I assume this means your nation doesn't pay alliance tax either. Is that included in the comment about not paying bills?

Also, if you are about to use the vacation mode and have an active war, does it ask you a second time ("Are you sure, you have an active war?")? I'm just thinking, if someone's about to use vacation mode while being completely free of war and clicks vacation mode before realising a raider has happened to just drop by, then they're sitting there feeling liking a helpless idiot. I think it should be designed such that if you use vacation mode, it will always prompt you to confirm if you have an active war, thus preventing such a case. I mean, it's bound to happen at some stage.

As for the 14 day minimum, people should realise you don't have to go on at least a 14 day holiday. It is possible to hit vacation mode a few days before your holiday and just wait another few days on the arse end of your holiday before resuming play. If it's between a compromise like this and players outright abusing the use of this system, I'd rather this.

If you only go on vacation for a week, then start it 3-4 days before you leave and it'll be ready 4-3 days after you come back. 

The only thing that sucks is all that dosh not stacking up. 

• Upvote 1

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

• Administrators

Who goes on vacation for two weeks? I can't say I've ever been gone that long for any reason.

People are deployed for military service, go on long trips to foreign countries where they may not have internet access, etc. This should be handy for a lot of people. If you're only going to be gone for 2-3 days, you'll just have to trust your alliance or hope that you don't get attacked.

One thing I don't see listed in the OP, but assume you took into account Sheepy is the automatic slide to gray from inactivity. You freeze the inactivity timer I hope.

You'll still go to gray, but your nation isn't going to be deleted unless you're not in Vacation Mode and haven't logged in for 30 days.

I assume this means your nation doesn't pay alliance tax either. Is that included in the comment about not paying bills?

Correct, you're not generating any sort of revenue so there's nothing to tax.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I had a worrying thought. What if the game registers that you are no longer in vacation mode and sees you have been gone for x-many days before it processes that you are logged in, and subsequently deletes your nation?

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

• Administrators

I had a worrying thought. What if the game registers that you are no longer in vacation mode and sees you have been gone for x-many days before it processes that you are logged in, and subsequently deletes your nation?

It will delete your nation if you, say, set your vacation time for a year and at the end of the time you haven't logged in within the last 30 days. If you logged in at any point within the 30 days before you leave Vacation Mode, however, you're fine.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Apparently you can change alliances while on vacation mode.

• Upvote 1

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

• Administrators

Hi Sheepy,

I'm thinking people's revenue should still be able to keep going whilst they are away?

The reason revenue is frozen is to discourage folks from using vacation mode when they're not actually away.

For example, if someone said they were going to attack me, I might enter vacation mode just to prevent that from happening, when in reality I might not be leaving at all. We don't want that to happen.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Fair enough - so I'm going away for 3 weeks in the summer - so i put it in vacation mode & just log in when I come back, and my nation won't have changed or been deleted?

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Fair enough - so I'm going away for 3 weeks in the summer - so i put it in vacation mode & just log in when I come back, and my nation won't have changed or been deleted?

Correct, it should be right as you left it when you put it in vacation mode.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 6/15/2018 at 10:39 PM, Michael K. Ultra said:

There is no vacation mode maximum time correct?

You can't go for more than a year I believe.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 8/3/2018 at 4:08 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

...you believe?

:sheepy:

Off the top of my head, yes, I haven't checked the code to verify 100%.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic