4/19/2015 - Vacation Mode

Alex

• Administrators

This is a very, very long awaited feature.

I'm happy to announce Vacation Mode! No more need for nation sitting, if you're going to be gone you can simply enable Vacation Mode and your nation will be frozen for a duration of time of your choosing. Vacation Mode is not a "peace mode" and it is not intended to function as one. To use Vacation Mode, you must enter in the length of your absence in days, with a minimum of 14 days to use it.

The Vacation Mode page is available here, or via the Edit Nation page.

What is disabled when your nation is in Vacation Mode?

• All forms of war. If you're in a war and jump into Vacation Mode, you will be unable to retaliate in battles.
  • War Declaration. You cannot declare war on or be declared on while in Vacation Mode.
  • Espionage. You cannot spy on people, nor can they spy on you.
  • Turn Revenue. You will not pay any bills or receive any money at turn updates.
  • Trading. You will be unable to create or accept any trade offers while in Vacation Mode. Any open offers made before going into Vacation Mode will be unacceptable by other players.
  • Bank Activity. You are unable to use alliance banks.
  • Alliance Score. Your nation will not count towards your alliance's composite score until it is out of vacation mode.
  • Nation Searching. You won't be able to find nations in Vacation Mode by doing searches (if you have the link to them, they're still accessible).

This should be a big convenience to our players who are gone for extending periods of time for whatever reason.

I do not think that this is going to be abused and used as a "peace mode" feature, but should that become the new meta there will be changes so that it doesn't happen. This game does not have a "peace mode" nor will it, and this won't become any sort of "peace mode".

Thanks, and enjoy the update!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

!@#$ yeah

my only suggestion would be to auto-cancel all open trade offers rather than just making them unusable, seeing as they won't be usable for at least 2 weeks

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

!@#$ yeah

my only suggestion would be to auto-cancel all open trade offers rather than just making them unusable, seeing as they won't be usable for at least 2 weeks

Probably a good idea. Trade offers are automatically removed after a few days if unaccepted, though, so they'll disappear after a few days already.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Nice. I enjoy the first bullet. If someone slides into vacation mode after the war starts, they can't attack back but can still be hit from the opponent allowing the opponent to finish war if I read that correctly.

• Upvote 2

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

• Administrators

Nice. I enjoy the first bullet. If someone slides into vacation mode after the war starts, they can't attack back but can still be hit from the opponent allowing the opponent to finish war if I read that correctly.

Yes, you did understand correctly.

Great idea, but you should be able to go in vacation mode for at least one week.

I agree that would make it more convenient, but I feel it would also increase the likelihood of players simply using it to avoid wars. Having a 2 week minimum should deter quite a few people from using it to avoid taking damage.

So.. if someone chickened out and go into vacation mode while I'm still at war with them, the war still goes on and I get to missile him freely?

Awesome update :D

Yes, this is correct, and he is unable to attack you back.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

As someone with an extremely time and energy intensive summer job, where I have little to no internet connection for a week or two at a time over the course of around two months, this is very good to see. Thank you! :)

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

Thank you! Great work :)

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I agree that would make it more convenient, but I feel it would also increase the likelihood of players simply using it to avoid wars. Having a 2 week minimum should deter quite a few people from using it to avoid taking damage.

You'd be surprised.

inb4 vacation mode spam by weak alliances.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

You'd be surprised.

inb4 vacation mode spam by weak alliances.

and when they come out, after not having grown for an indeterminate period of time, they get attacked anyway. or better yet, sheepy notices it and just takes them all back out again prematurely.

what i'm really surprised by is that people can find a negative to vacation mode, but then you've always been great at posting garbage.

what i'm really surprised by is that people can find a negative to vacation mode, but then you've always been great at posting garbage.

And you've always been great at pissing people off and getting rolled.

Yay for personal strengths \o/

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Huzzah! Not only will I be able to do nothing within my alliance [related to my job] but I can do nothing in-game too!

All jokes aside, this is wonderful. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Good update overall.  This will be used to avoid war, although I figure the community/an alliance will just keep that nation on a target list to attack when they leave vacation mode. 

14 days is a good average between 7 (too short) and 30 days (more my style, really penalize it's usage).

I like it.

Just hope it's used for what it is intended for and that it won't turn into a war-strategy to keep your nation safe from harm

• Upvote 1

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

• Jax locked this topic