Spy Update

Malakai

I was thinking the other day that spies aren't generally advertised to the public.

I think spies should be invisible to everyone but the nation ruler.  As it stand right now, we just build up more than the other guy has and boom we win.  This way it gives a fair shake to both sides and makes espionage a little bit more difficult.

• Upvote 3

I was thinking the other day that spies aren't generally advertised to the public.

I think spies should be invisible to everyone but the nation ruler.  As it stand right now, we just build up more than the other guy has and boom we win.  This way it gives a fair shake to both sides and makes espionage a little bit more difficult.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^  Honestly......do countries IRL know how many spies other countries have?  I mean spies do what......work covertly.  The only thing that should be visible to everyone is the number of spies the nation has captured/killed.

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

I agree with this suggestion. Knowing how many spies your enemy has is silly. Sometimes I wonder how we know how many troops/tanks/aircrafts/missiles/nukes other nations have? I would understand if alliance members can see other nation's troops and such. It's just weird that outsiders would know without spying.

Anyways, this suggestion is about spies so yes.

I highly approve of this idea, It would prevent people from spying you if they think you're a sitting duck in spy amount. Keeping the amount hidden will ensure balance in the espionage mechanic.

There are 2 other things that would need to be changed for this to work as intended:

1.) Spies would have to not contribute to score (they're negligible right now, so I don't see this as a big deal).

2.) The number of defending spies can be somewhat inferred from the odds of a successful attack. You'd need to make spy success odds opaque as well if you really wanted to have no idea how many spies someone has.

• Upvote 4

hxvRjGK.jpg

There are 2 other things that would need to be changed for this to work as intended:

1.) Spies would have to not contribute to score (they're negligible right now, so I don't see this as a big deal).

2.) The number of defending spies can be somewhat inferred from the odds of a successful attack. You'd need to make spy success odds opaque as well if you really wanted to have no idea how many spies someone has.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised to be a Malone tool made for calculating number of spies within a week of this change.

<+JohnHarms> We need more feminists

I can't see a reason that our spy levels would be visible to the entire world.  I also agree that troop levels wouldn't be either, unless the troops were deployed.  I think they all need to be hidden, it makes war too easy on the attacker.

I like this idea a lot.  Implementation may be a little trickier than at first glance, but I would rather have an RNG than what we have now.  This needs serious consideration or just rename them SpecOps and modify the formula to work more like soldier/tank/plane/ship battles.

8567 Club- Member-At-Large

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

I like this idea a lot.  Implementation may be a little trickier than at first glance, but I would rather have an RNG than what we have now.  This needs serious consideration or just rename them SpecOps and modify the formula to work more like soldier/tank/plane/ship battles.

Gotta be careful with any kind of odds.  Mathematicians or code mongers would be able to discern the odds too easily.  Soon there would be a chrome app to tell you just what to do.  It needs to be a hidden formula and each spy attempt needs to be met with a fail or success message and then the player needs to move on.