The Chronicles

Ayayay

No BCOM? By the way this thread is just awesome.

I mentioned them in the opening post

Anyways, some of you may have noticed the lack of me mentioning a fairly large alliance that formed in late January. That's mainly because I want to be on a more event focused side than pure chronology as that can get really messy. I'm also unsure how to deal with mentioning players, should I mention only extremely relevant people that crop up more often than once or twice or do I mention them as they come (which can result in less influential people being mentioned over others simply because I remember them more). Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions guys.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

If you're going for a P&W history then you might as well leave individuals out of it completely and stick with alliances. I'd say leave the details of who did what on behalf of which alliances to the alliance histories themselves, unless you're 100% positive and intimately familiar with all the inner-workings of the events and people involved. Even then, you would likely end up with a more detailed explanation of one alliance's actions compared to others'.

The issue with history posts is that they tend to be slanted in one way or another, and it only gets much worse when you start talking about individual people. It's just too messy.

Edited by Estelle

• 1 year later...

ayy boi represent

I still remember the awful treaty name and lambda just spewing good shit like it was nothing

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Part 4: The >Blocvasion and Raiders

January-March 2014

In mid-January a massive influx of nations invaded Orbis. Hailing from another nation sim the >Bloc Party almost immediately jumped to 180 members and outnumbered the second largest alliance, Guardian, by three to one. BP’s arrival was marked with massive forum spam and bans (even leading to a “DoW†against Head Moderator Unkanjo) and raids. While BP was massive, within several weeks around half their membership had left the game for yet another nation sim. Despite the massive membership loss, BP remained the largest alliance for two more months.\

Since BP raided indiscriminately, outright declarations of war were few and far between. BP’s first DoW was against the Atlantic League of Commonwealths. Within an hour ALC began negotiating for peace and an agreement was finalized within a day. The BP returned to their indiscriminate raiding once more, this time with the ability to say they declared an actual war.

While BP was the largest of the raiding alliances during this period, there were still many smaller ones fighting over the scraps in the low tiers. While some, like The Porcelain Legion, were the same as BP in everything but name, others could not last as raiders and reformed. The most notable was a raiding alliance known as the Corn Shuckers who ended up taking advice from SK and started down a path of reform that would soon make them a decent alliance in their own right. CS lucked out as the raiding era was quickly coming to an end.

• Upvote 3

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Part 5: Pool's closed

April 2014

As time went on the raiders became a consistently bigger problem. While originally their nation scores were too low for the older alliances to deal with, their unchecked raiding led to them catching up to the games middle tiers. This also led to them destroying many smaller alliances who were unable to effectively fight back against the raiders. However, because they were finally in range of the larger alliances and because many alliances were sick and tired of their shit, April marked the beginning of the end for the raiding alliances.

It all began with >BP destroying MiB and then hitting GUN en masse. HSN was currently dealing with >BP raids and decided to establish a protectorate over GUN the next day which lead to a white peace agreement between the parties. The UPN, tired of seeing alliances and close friends being attacked and destroyed decided to follow up with war a few days later. While UPN was outnumbered and barely above >BP in score, the war was a massive slaughter. >BP was completely ineffective in a legitimate war and attempted to gain peace within hours, but was held down for nearly two weeks. However, once peace was finally reached they almost immediately suffered attacks from other alliances eager to get a piece of the action.

With the collapse of >BP the rest of the raider alliances fell like dominos. BCOM and CS were the only other alliances to officially declare war on a raiding alliance by targeting TPL. However, numerous other raiding alliances ended up either disbanding via force or attempted to band together and try to get more control over their members. Ultimately, none of these alliances lasted longer than another month and the message from the established alliances to the smaller ones was clear: only the powerful were allowed to raid.

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 1

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...

Part 6: Color Colonies
Late January- early June 2014

After the Monopoly Treaty was signed between Guardian and VoC, the latter was stuck at an impasse. They could force nations and alliances off orange easily but there was only so high they could get their color stock simply due to their alliances size. The color stock system as it existed provided larger bonuses on colors with less nations on it, and while VoC was barely over 30 nations, they still wanted to squeeze out as much of a bonus as they could. They quickly came up with an ingenious solution, what if they had some of their members create a temporary alliance on another color? Orange stock would go up from the nations leaving and the nations who left would get as large of a bonus on the other color. The VoC Expeditionary Voyage was therefore created to satiate their lust for profit.

The Expeditionary Voyage came to an end a month later as alliances began spreading out. However, the lesson was not lost on VoC and noticing the collapse of the major black alliances they created a permanent “subsidiary†on black called Genius Corp. They also decided to expedite the collapse of the remaining Black alliances by demanding they leave the color and raiding into oblivion any who refused. Their subsidiary was extremely successful and within two weeks of GCs creation they once more created a colony on Brown. This time, VoC destroyed PC before realizing the color was still unprofitable and leaving. GC also ended up overtaking VoC’s position on the leaderboards for a month before the mother alliance passed them again.

The other large AA’s, upon seeing the success VoC was having, scrambled to make their own colonies. Guardian created a pink colony called the Longbowe Corps while UPN created the White Sea Fleet after their brown colony was also realized to be worthless. White became the second major Colony color with UPN, VoC, and Guardian all having a colony residing on it. By the end of May, with the constant splitting of colonies and SK joining the competition, nearly half of the top 20 alliances were color colonies. The colonial era ended abruptly when Sheepy flipped the color stock system to give larger bonuses to colors with more nations instead of less.

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 3

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Proofreading and editing are for nubs

Part 7: The Bigger They Are…

April-May 2014

For months, Guardian and VoC had been the undisputed strongest powers in Orbis. The Monopoly Treaty worried Orbis with the looming threat of them upgrading to a MDoAP and easily taking on the rest of the game. However, Guardian instead signed a MDP with SK and then a Color Treaty with BCOM, the latter ironically cancelling a treaty they had with Solidarity to protect white from color monopolies. However, BCOM merged into SK just two weeks later, emptying white of any major alliances.

Meanwhile, just a mere two days after declaring on >BP, UPN felt confident with no major resistance from their target and formed the Purple Powers Coalition with GUN and EoS as signatories. However, unlike the color treaties previously mentioned, the goal listed was to protect and unite purple from in-fighting and was also the only bloc to exist in Alpha Orbis.

Deciding they like the idea of color owning, HSN unilaterally decided to claim red after a failed revival of NPO and got into a conflict with a new alliance that had just joined the game, TEst. HSN was unable to remove TEst due to score differences and so TEst remained on red much to the chagrin of HSN leadership. HSN quickly signed a MDoAP with UPN and a month later a color treaty with VoC. VoC, however, signed a MDoAP with PPC itself and HSN followed suit by changing their UPN treaty to a PPC one.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The colonial era ended abruptly when Sheepy flipped the color stock system to give larger bonuses to colors with more nations instead of less.

Oh wait, wtf, this was actually a thing?  Why don't we have that now?!

• Downvote 1

Because every time sheepy changed the color stock system, the largest alliances proceeded to abuse tf out of it at the expense of the smaller ones. Which is basically why it's a flat 3% right now.

Treasure Island is simply the newest incarnation of income boost abuse. It was not the first, nor will it be the last (unless sheepy just gets rid of income boosting features completely)

I miss my 39% income boost though :(

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Part 6: Color Colonies

Late January- early June 2014

Genius Corp! Genius Corp, Genius Corp, Genius Corp!

The best of times! :D

Yep, that was how it worked for the end of Beta and the beginning of this round.

Original announcement:

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1972-6152014-color-stock-banks-war/

Keep in mind, there are at least 2-3 different versions of color stock between that one and the one we have now.

Edited by TheNG
  • Upvote 2

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Good ol' colour stock. Stupid GPA keeping me from joining in on the fun - my membership and fellow Triumvirs didn't like the attention that making "<colour> Protection Agency"'s would bring. :P (or declaring absolute rule over Green)

xzhPlEh.png?1

Part 8: …The Harder They Fall
May 25 – June 19, 2014

The entire game was shook at the end of May when it was discovered that a Guardian government member, Abbas, was using a glitch that allowed him to generate infinite amounts of cash and resources. There were further allegations of using it to quickly build new members and to purchase loyalty from other alliances like Lacedaemon with the total amount exploited being well over a billion. Abbas was quickly banned and Guardian itself began to collapse from the effects of the revelation.

Almost immediately, several government and regular members accused of massively benefiting from this exploit broke off their color colony, Robber Barons, from Guardian and formed The Endless. Guardian also quickly had an election where Longbowe ran on the platform of simply abandoning the game but lost to Kadin. Kadin, however, proceeded to quit the game just four hours after being elected and Longbowe proceeded to send the entirely of Guardians bank to TEst before quitting himself.

Within a week of the exploit’s reveal, Guardian had lost well over two-thirds of their membership (either due to outright deletion or simple inactivity) and their government was more or less non-existent. This left PPC/VoC/HSN with over half the top 10’s remaining score. However, HSN quickly merged into The Endless removing PPC/VoC’s overwhelming advantage. A former UPN government member, along with another top tier nation, proceeded to rogue TE for several rounds before calling it quits. The incident caused Sheepy to change the war ranges to prevent unbeatable top tier nations from preying on smaller ones along with scaling damage to unit counts as the incident showed how meaningless combat became when damage was flat.

Edited by Malal

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win