The Chronicles

Ayayay

I've been meaning to type up a history of Alpha since the final reset occurred. However, I joined the game in mid-December and even then I wasn't active until the end of January/beginning of February. I don't think I have all the knowledge about what happened in that beginning period but I hope I'm close enough. Therefore, the first few parts are all from secondary sources and you should imagine seeing * nearly everywhere as I can really only work with what I've been told and what I've read in the old forums. I'm also going to try naming people and alliances as soon as I can just in case they become relevant/mentioned by name later on.

The Notes section shall be used for any information that might be pertinent later on or might be interesting but not enough to be included in the main chapter.

Anyways, I'm going to be attempting to be as objective as possible(I'm sure I'll be called out on this eventually) without being completely boring(will certainly be called out on this) as I try to walk you through the History of Orbis.

Terms & Acronyms list

Part 1: The Primordial Soup

Part 2: Forward men, Too war

Part 3: The Remedy War

Part 4: The >Blocvasion and Raiders

Part 5: Pool’s closed

Part 6: Color Colonies

Part 7: The Bigger They Are…

Part 8: …The Harder They Fall

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The Primordial Soup

October 2013 - December 2013

Politics and War came into existence in late October 2013. A small but rapid influx of players soon filled the game over the next two months. Several major alliances (for the time) began to form within the game, all of whom hailed from other nation simulators. Technically, no alliances actually existed until the beginning of December when the alliance system was finally added so really all these alliance formed within the first few weeks of December.

The oldest of these alliances(read: oldest memberbase) was The Sith Empire, whom were the largest score and membership wise until Guardian arrived. Guardian brought with them over 50 members, almost double that of TSE and it easily made them the largest alliance in the game, a mantle they would hold for only a short while though. The Seven Kingdoms was another old alliance and, despite having less than half of Guardians members, still put up a fight with both Guardian and TSE for the highest scored alliance in the early period of the game.

An alliance named the Poison Clan was formed, signed the first treaty in the game (an ODoAP) with TSE, then announced their "disbandment." The disbandment was because one of PC's leaders, Unkajo, took up the mantle of head moderator for the P&W forums; However, it only ended up with the co-leader of PC taking singular control instead of an actual disbandment.  The Orange Order was formed and lead by a Grand Chancellor named Aenir while the Green Protection Agency quickly declared their neutrality. The Blackstone Commission and the Men in Black also made their debut in this period. The youngest and, by consequence, the smallest of these early alliances was formed on December 15th and was named the United Purple Nations.

Now, that isn't to say more alliances weren't formed in the last half of December, it’s just few made it past the micro stage and into influencing the global stage for reasons we’ll talk about next time. As this period came to a close three alliances built up their military units, the neutral menace(GPA), the Seven Kingdoms, and The Orange Order.  Since war had not been implemented, and the only units were soldiers and tanks, most people had decided to forgo militarization in favor of commerce. Commerce was then nerfed. Hard. But everyone kept on chugging with commerce for the most part.

Notes:

The alliances named were created in this period, but not all necessarily made a Declaration of Existence. However, most alliances mentioned did.

A war was declared by some irrelevant micro on another but there was no actual war mechanics so I'm going to go ahead and ignore it.

GPA's triumvir included Lambdadelta and Kurdanak. Lambdadelta would eventually act as a dictator by mid to late Alpha

The PC eventually followed up their non-disbandment by signing the second treaty in the game, a MDAP, with an alliance named Nordreich.

Orbis was coined as the name of P&W by mid December.

Shutzstaffel's DoE was removed from the forums. It remains as the only example of a DoE being expunged.

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Great thread

LordRahl2, on 10 Jul 2015 - 5:53 PM, said: "Imagine it. Lets say that Sheepy had an idea that was at lest questionable. As a way out there idea lets say he thought about adding T-Rexs to the game in some way." "As you know this is hypothetical since Sheepy has never considered adding T-Rexs to the game."

Another reserved post, just in case.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

GPA's triumvir included Lambdadelta and Kurdanak. Lambda would eventually act as a

Eventually act as a what? :P

P.S. The third member of the GPA's first triumvirate was Naam. You can find the complete historical listing here: http://(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)-gpa.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=51800

Also, I just realized that Grillick joined the Agency Council in the first place to replace myself after I left to help form Rose and such. So I guess it's all my fault after all. ._.

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

so how is the history goes unto the branch of DEIC, purple nation form a set of coalition?

Why it is important for retelling this part?

Is Orange order later called the VoC alliance?

and how did the Aenir of BEPU join your party, while he seemed very emotional to me.

and history of MB/PB return which cause alot of diplomatic drama.

Edited by Arthur James

Fixed :P

I'm trying to only include names that will be used later on, naam will more than likely not be included in anything later on. Not sure about Lambdadelta or you but there might be a chance so I included you two in the notes section just in case :P

Also, I just realized that Grillick joined the Agency Council in the first place to replace myself after I left to help form Rose and such. So I guess it's all my fault after all. ._.

All

Your

Fault

Edited by underlordgc

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

so how is the history goes unto the branch of DEIC, purple nation form a set of coalition?

Why it is important for retelling this part?

Is Orange order later called the VoC alliance?

and how did the Aenir of BEPU join your party, while he seemed very emotional to me.

Time will tell all tales

You cant forget the shutzstaffel, even if it only lasted a week or two

Ya know what? !@#$ it. I'm pretty sure that was the only alliance to have had their existence expunged so I guess that's at least slightly noteworthy. Updated. Edited by underlordgc

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

essential

Debatable  :P

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Shit long time ago. I barely remember those days.

I think Guardian and SK now hold the title for oldest alliances that still exist. Both came over at pretty much the same time (maybe a day in between) and the oldest iteration of the power rankings that exists has them both on their. DEIC would in second place there, a couple weeks younger.

o/ the old guard :P

wF9Bjre.gif

!@#$ long time ago. I barely remember those days.

I think Guardian and SK now hold the title for oldest alliances that still exist. Both came over at pretty much the same time (maybe a day in between) and the oldest iteration of the power rankings that exists has them both on their. DEIC would in second place there, a couple weeks younger.

VoC

• Upvote 1

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Needs more Genius Corp.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

P.S. The third member of the GPA's first triumvirate was Naam. You can find the complete historical listing here: http://(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways)-gpa.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=51800

I told you so.

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

!@#$ long time ago. I barely remember those days.

Along with GPA, our five alliances are pretty much the ancients at this point. UPN didn't have any older players than on the day we formed so we were pretty small and only showed up on the rankings right before the Blocvasion.  I think either Corn Shuckers (if you don't consider Tac/Rose as separate alliances) or TEst would be the next oldest but both of them came about in April (CS may have been march) as every other alliance... died.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 4 weeks later...

Part 2: Forward men, Too war

January 2014

The beginning of January was no different than the previous month. Nations joined, small micro alliances were created, random drama ensured, etc. However, by the second week the war system was finally added. Chaos immediately descended upon Orbis with raids being waged left and right as most alliances unofficially supported raiding and only a handful reigned their members in.  

Now, it’s important to remember what this early war system entailed. There was no beige mechanic, nor was there any sort of “winning†a war. Wars lasted the full five days with no way to end it early except through accepting a peace offer. The war system also gave new players three days of protection from attacks but they could attack after a single day. Airstrikes also did not exist until the last week of January and they were, and still are, useless for raiding. 1

Once the war system was up and running Aenir gave TOO members the greenlight to do as they please in regards to raiding. They hit Jemmm, who had sold all his military the day before due to finding the upkeep expensive, and he responded by selling all his infra within two days, becoming the first player to ZI themselves. They raided nearly everyone in the game except SK and GPA as both had the foresight to build up their militaries before wars could be waged. Within three weeks of the war system being added, TOO renamed themselves the Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie2, replaced Aenir with Masterblaster, formed the first color colony3, and convinced Guardian to sign a Color Sovereignty Pact called the Orbis Color Owners Association Accords.4

While VoC quickly became the dominant military force in the game, Guardian was still able to become the largest alliance as the Sith left due to dissatisfaction with the game and community and SK seemingly refused to recruit more members. Meanwhile, the Poison Clan merged with Nordreich which doubled their size making them the fifth largest in score with the third largest membership.

Footnotes and more info:

1 Dogfights were added into the game several months later.

2 The Dutch East India Company

3 Color stock was added in this period in a different form than it is now. Will be covered at a later time.

4 More commonly referred to as the Monopoly treaty.

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 4

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The Jemmm thing is still one of my favourite P&W memories. He declared himself king of P&W, tried to get peace mode implemented, immediately backpedaled the second he was attacked.

• Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1