Fix the problems

Fox Fire

Heres and idea (and I'm lyke 110% cerial hurrr)....

How bout we fix the issues with the game before deciding to add completely random !@#$ing shit for no other reason than because Sheepy was bored one day? I really don't care if this gets me a warn because I'm being completely sincere here....

For one: I think the game is perfectly fine the way it (was).
Second: It seems to me that instead of addressing the actual mechanical problems that get brought up, we get updates about new shit that only causes more problems.

Third: No.

I mean WTflyingmonkey (just to not bypass the filter) !@#$?

This game is so young, yet before we've even had a chance to actually put the originally intended mechanics to use, we keep being bombarded with useless bullshit. And then we all wonder why there are so many problems.

Here's my suggestion in a TL;DR:

Slow the !@#$ down!

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

• Administrators

Heres and idea (and I'm lyke 110% cerial hurrr)....

How bout we fix the issues with the game before deciding to add completely random &#33;@#&#036;ing shit for no other reason than because Sheepy was bored one day? I really don't care if this gets me a warn because I'm being completely sincere here....

For one: I think the game is perfectly fine the way it (was).

Second: It seems to me that instead of addressing the actual mechanical problems that get brought up, we get updates about new shit that only causes more problems.

Third: No.

I mean WTflyingmonkey (just to not bypass the filter) &#33;@#&#036;?

This game is so young, yet before we've even had a chance to actually put the originally intended mechanics to use, we keep being bombarded with useless bullshit. And then we all wonder why there are so many problems.

Here's my suggestion in a TL;DR:

Slow the !@#$ down!

Are you upset because of a few number changes in the formulas, here? http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5756-4152015-airstrikes-alliance-bank-looting/

I'm not really sure what you're so upset about. You don't want me to ever change the game? Even when it's imbalanced? Minor changes like this are going to have virtually no effect on how you play the game, and I wouldn't even bother with announcing them if it wasn't for transparency's sake. Apparently people like you blow these things out of proportion and have fits over anything you disagree with.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Not that I don't want you to ever change the game, but I think it's changing far too often. Nobody has even been nuked yet and we've had countless changes to the game and in a few cases, I don't think said changes were put into enough consideration. Like the link you posted. But yes, I pretty much like how the game is now and I'm almost never fond of new suggestions. Changing things for no good reason is unbearably annoying.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

So balance changes are a no no then?  Sheepy should just let certain things be overpowered, instead of fiddling with some numbers after no doubt realising that it wasn't quite working as intended?  I'm no game dev, but this seems to be common practice in on going development of games.  You should be welcoming little tweaks and balances here and there!

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

So balance changes are a no no then?  Sheepy should just let certain things be overpowered, instead of fiddling with some numbers after no doubt realising that it wasn't quite working as intended?  I'm no game dev, but this seems to be common practice in on going development of games.  You should be welcoming little tweaks and balances here and there!

Well the last tweak was not what I call balancing....

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I don't think even the best devs get it right first time.  End of the day, your playing a game that is a on going development, I'm sure things will chop and change throughout the life cycle.  Crying in such a nasal fashion rarely makes the devs see the error of their ways.  Why not try giving him some useful feedback on what you think are the problems?

Your thread is titled 'Fix the problems'.  Sheepy has identifed what he sees as a problem and is attempting to fix it.

Edited by Wayne

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Working with members of the community to balance things based of the data from a huge recent war that allowed a sustancial amount of testing in the higher teir sounds like balancing to me

Edited by Phiney
  • Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png

I'm too new to understand all the imbalances in the game. I've only fought 2 wars. But I do expect there to be lots of changes in the next year, because although we're not in beta it's still very much still in development. Just relax and enjoy it- random changes in things give you something to do after all- adapt to the changes.

Eat the weak!

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

I'm too new to understand all the imbalances in the game. I've only fought 2 wars. But I do expect there to be lots of changes in the next year, because although we're not in beta it's still very much still in development. Just relax and enjoy it- random changes in things give you something to do after all- adapt to the changes.

Eat the weak!

Funny you bring up Beta because that's where this shit should have happened. Far as I'm concerned, we never left Beta.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Funny you bring up Beta because that's where this !@#$ should have happened. Far as I'm concerned, we never left Beta.

In this day and age, there is no distinction.  What with EA and Steam Early Access...

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

In this day and age, there is no distinction.  What with EA and Steam Early Access...

EA never actually finishes their games to begin with. :v

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

ok

i think the great sheep is finding it hard to find the cause of some of these problems. if he cant find them there's not much he can do without recoding the entire thing

the fact is he is adding new stuff and we should be glad that he is. he could quite easily just turn this game into a cash farm and milk it, but no, he has it up for our benefit.

so stop &#33;@#&#036;ing complaining everywhere it's annoying