Prefontaine's Corner.

Prefontaine

Edit: Can I ask though, how is/was GPA a menace or threat to Guardian at the time? And even if there hadn't been any un-neutral transgressions by Grillick, would GPA still have been rolled?

The Blood God had yet to be sated. The noise from John Harms on the forums had them elected as the next tribute.

Edited by ELPINCHAZO
  • Upvote 2

I know this is a bit late, but I've found this history pretty interesting.

There were also whispers of something involving them and Asgard, who were larger and more active at this time but I don't believe anything came from this? I could be wrong. 

To be fair, I was a junior officer at the time, but I don't recall us being much larger or more active. We did suffer a significant governmental divide over that and lose four very good officers. In the end we believed that we were too small and young to understand or participate in that war. Perhaps we were correct or perhaps not, either way we stuck to damaging principles and went neutral for like 4 months as a result. I would say lesson learned.

Thank you for writing this. Provides a nice historical background for the newer players out here, from your perspective. I wish more oldies would write stuff like this.

Everything in here is 100% historical fact. In earnest though, thanks.

Time for the GPA war!

There was only GPA on one side, but the other side was full of blood thirsty neutral crushers selling off their first born for a defensive slot to fill with missiles (see: dongs). GPA, SK, TEst handled most of the top tier/upper middle, while GR, ESA (or a small part of them), Arrgh! and one or two others which names escape me at the moment handled the bottom middle and lower tiers. Was this a dog pile? You're damn right it was. Originally is was going to be TEst, SK, and Guardian versus, and it was going to be quite the epic top tier fight when you looked at what they had (before fleeing rats syndrome) versus what we had. Sure we would get some up declares making things more interesting, but once we told GR about our plans for war, they wanted in, and they brought friends.

As is the norm with all these !@#$ leaker trash players, the plans were leaked a few days in advance by SAI, who left the alliance, tried to hide, and then inevitably got his !@#$ kicked for being traitorous scum. For some reason he's in Arrgh now, I half expected him to be in tS, they like collecting Garbage. Hey.. It's a new theme! The mob controlled the trash pick up, you guys are the garbage men of Orbis! --Anyway I'm getting off topic. So the plans leaked, instead of going on the offensive GPA thought making a public stink about it was gonna either stop it from happening, maybe gain them some allies, or maybe smear our side some politically.. Either way nothing much happened besides a lot of !@#$ talking. The reason for the war happening was fairly simple. GPA has had a lot of top end gov members leave the alliance, talking about the instability, the drama, and this little project called the "Green Enforcement Agency", which was a not-really-neutral version of GPA. If another major alliance war were to happen, it wouldn't involve GPA, and they would get much, MUCH larger than the rest of Orbis and become a daunting problem if they were left unchecked. With Grillick being in charge, who was openly not neutral in that he performed admittedly aggressive spy actions, it was decided to check them. So we did.

There were some damn good fights near the top. Some of those strong GPA nations did a damn fine job of fighting, which was fun. A war that was originally drawn up would have been quite interesting in that 3v1 without your members Rothschildsing. Wonder how that one would have played out. SK handled the peace terms for the top tier, because after the Marionette mess I figured to give our side one voice for negotiations with Guardian and TEst just giving our input when needed and final approval. GR handled the lower tier peace terms and things went pretty smooth. 2 Rounds of fighting and them giving up the leaker, SAI was all that happened. Oh right, and Grillick leaving for 6 months from leadership, which he was kinda planning on doing anyway since 1 GPA gov term is 6 months, so it was basically a moot point. 

After the GPA war died down, the leaders of the most impressive alliances in this version of Orbis's history all stepped down, Cody K, ElPinchazo, and Myself. SK, TEst, and Guardian shaped this world dramatically, with us three at the helm we decided what happened in Orbis. It was a fun little run, but they always come to an end. I honestly think, at least for Guardian, even though we've picked some fights and pissed a few people off, as it stands now, not many alliances are really gunning to take Guardian down. I could be wrong, but as things stands right now, Guardian might get a little stint of peace out of the spotlight unless one of our allies need our help. 

When I came back to Guardian, I came back for one reason, to right the ship which looked like it might've been sinking. I came, I saw, I conquered, well at least in terms of my goals. Guardian was a force to be reckoned with in this version of Orbis and will remain to be as Shellhound is more than capable of leading the alliance as good or better than I did in that brief amount of time. My home alliance is in good hands, and I leave it with a clear conscience and a hopeful outlook. Now it's almost time for me to join Justice, and burn brightly before getting my ass kicked for my previous sins, and soon to be sins. Should be fun. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

Good read.

Always interesting to see the perspective of the guy on the other side.

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

Now it's almost time for me to join Justice, and burn brightly before getting my ass kicked for my previous sins, and soon to be sins. Should be fun. 

Sorry Pre, but this isn't the case.

You say you might pay for the "sins" you have committed. But I don't think you have committed any sins. You did most of the time what any sensible leader would of done in many of the cases where you acted out in the eyes of others. Even the GPA war was just war, it's not like you did anything evil. It's just a game where war is the life blood, and had you not done what you did in your time the game probably would of been more boring. There's no sins in this game, only consequences. 

However, you are going to a place where there are no consequences. You don't care about your pixels. People can missile you all year long and you won't care. Because that's not what matters to you. in Justice, you will be free of all responsibilities from your consequences that you have created because the very nature of Justice, means that no one can take away what matters to you once you join. You will have washed your hands, just as Pontious Pilate did. 

You have had your fun, running around and feeding your ego. But it cost you. The spot light had a price, but you will not pay that price. Shellhound will. Whatever fallout that might come to Guardian from you, will now fall on him. He is forced to pay for your consequences, as you will run away to a place where no one can actually touch you in a way that is meaningful because consequences do not matter there. Will Guardian suffer for what you have done? I don't know. Probably, but in ways that have yet to manifest themselves. 

Leaving to Justice isn't you walking away from Guardian, proud and ready to take your lashes, because how could lashing be punishment for a man who feels no pain for his pixels? Sorry Pre, but this is you Rothschilding right when the consequences of your fun might of started to rise from the depths. 

• Upvote 5

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

And just think, in about a year from now you'll get to read everything from my perspective!

Just wait for my version, it's entirely different in that I can't remember most so will just make it up as I go along

• Upvote 5
T7Vrilp.png

Just wait for my version, it's entirely different in that I can't remember most so will just make it up as I go along

Writing up my 'memoirs' from eRep turned into a massive endeavor. Just 2007-10 was like, 21 pages. I haven't even done the last five years yet.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

I fought SAI when us and TEst rumbled, while it's true he did leak warplans, he paid the price for what he did, and we're often willing to give people a second chance.

• Upvote 3
tvPWtuA.gif

Green Enforcement Agency...? Wow this one is new for me o_0

The "Green Enforcement Agency" thing that people bring up from time to time was nothing more than doctored screenshots in an attempt to discredit the GPA and get SK/Guardian/VE to fight them. Guess it worked haha.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Upvote 2

You say you might pay for the "sins" you have committed. But I don't think you have committed any sins. You did most of the time what any sensible leader would of done in many of the cases where you acted out in the eyes of others. Even the GPA war was just war, it's not like you did anything evil. It's just a game where war is the life blood, and had you not done what you did in your time the game probably would of been more boring. There's no sins in this game, only consequences. 

However, you are going to a place where there are no consequences. You don't care about your pixels. People can missile you all year long and you won't care. Because that's not what matters to you. in Justice, you will be free of all responsibilities from your consequences that you have created because the very nature of Justice, means that no one can take away what matters to you once you join. You will have washed your hands, just as Pontious Pilate did. 

You have had your fun, running around and feeding your ego. But it cost you. The spot light had a price, but you will not pay that price. Shellhound will. Whatever fallout that might come to Guardian from you, will now fall on him. He is forced to pay for your consequences, as you will run away to a place where no one can actually touch you in a way that is meaningful because consequences do not matter there. Will Guardian suffer for what you have done? I don't know. Probably, but in ways that have yet to manifest themselves. 

Leaving to Justice isn't you walking away from Guardian, proud and ready to take your lashes, because how could lashing be punishment for a man who feels no pain for his pixels? Sorry Pre, but this is you Rothschilding right when the consequences of your fun might of started to rise from the depths. 

So I've done what most sensible leaders would have done, which was nothing evil, and now Guardian is going to pay for those sensible, non-evil moves and I'm fleeing because of that? That's what you're saying? Because you apparently left the making any sense train at the station. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

You are completely wrong.  Pre will get rolled.  But not because of the reason he stated but because he is a massive prick and acts like a moron in each and every situation. and proof to my point is here

So I've done what most sensible leaders would have done, which was nothing evil, and now Guardian is going to pay for those sensible, non-evil moves and I'm fleeing because of that? That's what you're saying? Because you apparently left the making any sense train at the station. 

• Upvote 3

250px-LandofConfusionscreenshot1.JPG

Genesis, best band NA

You are completely wrong.  Pre will get rolled.  But not because of the reason he stated but because he is a massive prick and acts like a moron in each and every situation. and proof to my point is here

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=3767

Feel free to not be just words. If I'm not in your range, I'll happily bulk up so you can declare on me. Just let me know if you're not going to be full of shit.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=3767

Feel free to not be just words. If I'm not in your range, I'll happily bulk up so you can declare on me. Just let me know if you're not going to be full of !@#$.

Wow Pre, why is your nation so small?

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Why, all the more nations in my range, grandma.

1000 is about the max you need to be.

Edited by Placentica

Everything in here is 100% historical fact. In earnest though, thanks.

Time for the GPA war!

There was only GPA on one side, but the other side was full of blood thirsty neutral crushers selling off their first born for a defensive slot to fill with missiles (see: dongs). GPA, SK, TEst handled most of the top tier/upper middle, while GR, ESA (or a small part of them), Arrgh! and one or two others which names escape me at the moment handled the bottom middle and lower tiers. Was this a dog pile? You're damn right it was. Originally is was going to be TEst, SK, and Guardian versus, and it was going to be quite the epic top tier fight when you looked at what they had (before fleeing rats syndrome) versus what we had. Sure we would get some up declares making things more interesting, but once we told GR about our plans for war, they wanted in, and they brought friends.

As is the norm with all these !@#$ leaker trash players, the plans were leaked a few days in advance by SAI, who left the alliance, tried to hide, and then inevitably got his !@#$ kicked for being traitorous scum. For some reason he's in Arrgh now, I half expected him to be in tS, they like collecting Garbage. Hey.. It's a new theme! The mob controlled the trash pick up, you guys are the garbage men of Orbis! --Anyway I'm getting off topic. So the plans leaked, instead of going on the offensive GPA thought making a public stink about it was gonna either stop it from happening, maybe gain them some allies, or maybe smear our side some politically.. Either way nothing much happened besides a lot of !@#$ talking. The reason for the war happening was fairly simple. GPA has had a lot of top end gov members leave the alliance, talking about the instability, the drama, and this little project called the "Green Enforcement Agency", which was a not-really-neutral version of GPA. If another major alliance war were to happen, it wouldn't involve GPA, and they would get much, MUCH larger than the rest of Orbis and become a daunting problem if they were left unchecked. With Grillick being in charge, who was openly not neutral in that he performed admittedly aggressive spy actions, it was decided to check them. So we did.

There were some damn good fights near the top. Some of those strong GPA nations did a damn fine job of fighting, which was fun. A war that was originally drawn up would have been quite interesting in that 3v1 without your members Rothschildsing. Wonder how that one would have played out. SK handled the peace terms for the top tier, because after the Marionette mess I figured to give our side one voice for negotiations with Guardian and TEst just giving our input when needed and final approval. GR handled the lower tier peace terms and things went pretty smooth. 2 Rounds of fighting and them giving up the leaker, SAI was all that happened. Oh right, and Grillick leaving for 6 months from leadership, which he was kinda planning on doing anyway since 1 GPA gov term is 6 months, so it was basically a moot point. 

After the GPA war died down, the leaders of the most impressive alliances in this version of Orbis's history all stepped down, Cody K, ElPinchazo, and Myself. SK, TEst, and Guardian shaped this world dramatically, with us three at the helm we decided what happened in Orbis. It was a fun little run, but they always come to an end. I honestly think, at least for Guardian, even though we've picked some fights and pissed a few people off, as it stands now, not many alliances are really gunning to take Guardian down. I could be wrong, but as things stands right now, Guardian might get a little stint of peace out of the spotlight unless one of our allies need our help. 

When I came back to Guardian, I came back for one reason, to right the ship which looked like it might've been sinking. I came, I saw, I conquered, well at least in terms of my goals. Guardian was a force to be reckoned with in this version of Orbis and will remain to be as Shellhound is more than capable of leading the alliance as good or better than I did in that brief amount of time. My home alliance is in good hands, and I leave it with a clear conscience and a hopeful outlook. Now it's almost time for me to join Justice, and burn brightly before getting my ass kicked for my previous sins, and soon to be sins. Should be fun. 

Wow, your recent post seems a bit offensive to The Syndicate and Rose, Pre.

Wow, your recent post seems a bit offensive to The Syndicate and Rose, Pre.

A lot of my posts in this thread are offensive towards Syndicate as they merged with TEL. I'm fairly disappointed Rose would accept SAI. It's my opinion, and I can wave it around in my little thread. It's fun not being gov anymore.

1000 is about the max you need to be.

See, this man's smart. He knows what's up.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

A lot of my posts in this thread are offensive towards Syndicate as they merged with TEL. I'm fairly disappointed Rose would accept SAI. It's my opinion, and I can wave it around in my little thread. It's fun not being gov anymore.

Except we didn't. He is in Arrgh after we declined his application.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.