Prefontaine's Corner.

Prefontaine

Abbas is that true? That link?

Haha, he got banned and caused guardian to collapse. Guardian was all but dead by end of Alpha, good times.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

This is perfect. The lack of recorded history in this game is depressing for us history nerds.

Give it some time, I'm sure something will crop up soon. ;)

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Just quickly I'd like to add some history to the timeline about a couple of alliances I have knowledge of.

TSG: void

TEL: null

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

This is incredible, keep it up. I missed some of this stuff, it's nice to catch up.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

Maybe UPN's top was outnumbered. But DEIC had more stronger nations. I only think Guardian was involved in about 5 wars with UPN during Marionette, we were the bulk force against DEIC, we had help from Phiney from TEst and I believe 5-7 Rose members. I'm talking about our side of the fight, I really didn't pay attention to the BoC/UPN aspect of that war and just relied on updates from allies if they needed/wanted help.

Anyway, time to pick up where I left off, the Marionette war. 

The Marionette war was winding down, and peace talks went very sloppy. There was some contradictions about how things would go and how long the war would go and negotiations happened without all parties of Guardian-sphere being present and during this Rose tried to obtain quicker peace for the war than what was originally agreed upon Pre-war. This whole thing lead to UPN, or Saru specifically making an announcement about individual surrender terms to ally for those Rose leadership who gave a hint at wanting different terms a chance to peace out early. It wasn't a bad idea, but all it ended up doing was cementing Rose/SK/Guardian (TEst left on their own because TEst) to having the same terms, and the terms we agreed upon pre-war. The war went two full rounds, and effectively white peace was given. So with the first large class between front page alliances ending everyone went back to lick their wounds. Diabolos stepped down from leadership in DEIC and eventually went rogue on Guardian and DEIC after that, and new leadership took over in DEIC. 

Now Rose found themselves in a somewhat bad position, and it was about to get worse. As I stated when the plan was formed, this was a 1 time military engagement with Guardian-sphere and Rose. We weren't going to be military allies, but we were still going to be friends. Yay paperless. However some Rose leadership felt I used them to take down TC, and with the tensions that were created by the messy peace talks they were worried no one from Guardian-sphere had their back, and having just fought TC the list of strong possible friends was short. ENTER VE! It was around this time VE joined the game and absorbed TSG, and tS was starting to get higher on the page two list. This is when things went bad for Rose. After the war of debatable aggression and before the marionette war EoS disbanded, many of their members joined UPN but a few key gov landed in Rose. Those gov brought with them some TC intel, this time was going to leak some Rose intel. Pubstomper and Adama stepped down from Rose leadership and new members took over, the important one is Jroc.

Jroc was their head of FA and seeing the position of Rose wanted to form a new power group to either go after Guardian-sphere, or defend against Guardian-sphere. To do this they wanted to use tS/VE as effectively meat shields. So this got leaked by Cyradis. Needless to say Guardian-sphere wasn't happy, and VE/tS weren't happy about someone planning on using them. No war happened from this, Guardian went from being friends with rose to being neutral at best. Rose had another gov shake up and sorta ducked out of the public light to fix their internal issues. Pubstomper stayed in the alliance for a while and Adama joined Guardian.. At least for a while. 

Next time: Rothschild!

Very interesting to see the events told from you perspective mate. Keep it up.

Just to add some Syndicate perspective to the bolded part: We (and I speak solely for tS) had already recognized the intent for self-preservation in the move. Every treaty and every move must have some type of purpose or srategy behind it. One does not need a paper just for friendship. To assume that Rose wouldn't have a (strategic) reason behind looking to treaty us would be a disservice to them, as it would indirectly assume that they lack the foresight to properly play this game. Rose is perfectly capable of playing it, and so we anticipated it. The leaks did nothing but confirm what we know and had no influence on Syndicate policy. We kept our working relations and remained close, albeit untreatied.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Well it's Rothschilds time.

I have to give a little more depth to the leading events specific to the Rothschild "war". When Adama joined Guardian he joined with the prospect of taking over leadership. I made it known from before day 1 that my leading would be a temporary thing and I put a cap of a year on that time-frame, thus I was looking for someone to take over in my place since day 1, but wasn't in a rush. Adama was government in a top 10 alliance, everyone sung his praises about his effort in the war of debatable aggression, and he was reasonably liked in the community. If he fit in with Guardian he stood a good chance at taking my place. Adama was very fickle on the idea. Sometimes he seemed to like the prospect but was kind of intimidated by taking over what some people have called the most influential alliance in this round. Other days he talked about wanting to leave to do his own thing. Regardless I defended him in the private political arena that I often found myself in.

Those who aren't in top leadership spots of major (or influential) alliances probably don't know this, but there's a game within the game played by the people running the top groups. Moves and counter moves. Private conversations all over the place. That's what I enjoy, that part of the game. Now with the drama that happened at the end of the Marionette war some of the people in these circles weren't overly happy with Adama, primarily SK and soon to be increasingly TEst, Guardians two allies. I spent a fair amount of time defending Adama's position in Guardian, there was also an OPSEC issue as he still had ownership of Roses private (or maybe it was gov) channel on IRC, and was still in it... There was some drama, and strain caused during the Jroc incident, but none the less he was a member of Guardian and I had his back. 

There was a rapid series of events that followed. A breach of trust from a TEst channel where the only possible sources were Adama and Pubstomper. We were lead to believe it was Adama that caused the information dissemination, but I don't want to get further into that. It was a messy headache, so don't ask, I won't say further. Combined with this event with Adama's sudden change of heart about being in Guardian, he went from leaving, to a committed member, to telling me he was leaving in about 2 months, to leaving the next day. Along with a large sum of money recently given to him for city aid. There was bad blood boiling over. I stood up for a person to my friends who ended up not being committed to his word and making me look like, at the very least feeling like an idiot for standing up for him. I wanted to go back in time and let the wolves that wanted to rip him up get what they wanted. I settled for the next best option, which was inviting the wolves for dinner. 

There are plenty of things to fight a war for. Pride and honor are among the top of my list. You make think it's silly to have such a thing in a place like this, but you'd be surprised. It's this reason I protect my sources and don't lie. Your reputation matters. Your actions matter and it was time to defend Guardian reputation, avenge the violation that happened in TEst. 

It was a short build up, within about 30 minutes of their declaration of existence I had notified TEst we were going to war. As a few people found out about the plan, more information came to us with regards to Rothschild planning to go after an alliance, then after that take on Guardian for control of the top tier. Granted this plan wasn't going to be acted on any time soon as they were newly formed, but this simply fueled that disrespect that was shown to us. Then, as is an unfortunate trend in Orbis, a leak happened. A member of Guardian betrayed the alliance and leaked the war plans. His reason was he was leaving Orbis and thought it would make a more interesting fight. That player is Cuzo (<KoolaidBot> You can declare on a nation with a score between 772.50 - 1,802.50. <KoolaidBot> You must defend from nations between the scores of 588.57 - 1,373.33.), don't think I've forgotten about you. You said you'd be gone from Orbis by now, but you're still around. I've not forgotten, and Justice is coming. 

By this point Rothschild was about 15-18 members in size and had an average strength that rivaled, if not surpassed Guardian's. Thus everyone thought it was about us controlling the top tier, beating down any opposition etc.. etc.. But that was far from the motive. Just a perk. Instead of fighting, Rothschild members started fleeing, and Adama sought mercy. Though I might have been painted as a bully by my enemies and adversaries (and sometimes allies), I'm not. I had no desire to beat someone while their down. Beating up someone who just rolls over and dies isn't fun in places like these. You want a fight. So the members of Rothschild scattered to the wind without a single drop of munitions being used. And instead Cuzo was rolled, sold his stuff and didn't even have the balls to fight back. He now resides in TEL. Now that I'm not government I can say this without it affecting alliance relations much.. I have no respect for any alliance that shelters an alliance leaker. You take in someone who betrays their alliance, you're accepting trash into your ranks, the scum of the game. So enjoy your cancerous players for the sake of the members of your alliance I hope they've learned.

So that's the Rothschild incident. Personal slights, disrespect, and not keeping ones word lead to a war that wasn't a war. Not as funny a story to tell, as it is to use as a verb.

Also, I don't really proof read these. As I said in the OP I'm merely vomiting words onto paper. It's sloppy and sometimes not as linear as I'd like. So those who want to use it as PW history, remember it's a point of view account of events, not always fact.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 5

scSqPGJ.gif

i still think rothschild's was the funniest thing to happen to be pw lol

If I remember correctly, you were apart of it in the beginning then jumped ship when you heard about Guardian's plan. Then again you do have a tendency to run away from your problems instead of facing them head on. To each is their own.

• Upvote 2

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

So that's the Rothschild incident. Personal slights, disrespect, and not keeping ones word lead to a war that wasn't a war. Not as funny a story to tell, as it is to use as a verb.

That's more of an adjective I'd say, but my english no good :v

Let Rothschild be a PaW in-jokes forever o/

UedhRvY.png

He now resides in TEL. Now that I'm not government I can say this without it affecting alliance relations much.. I have no respect for any alliance that shelters an alliance leaker. You take in someone who betrays their alliance, you're accepting trash into your ranks, the scum of the game. So enjoy your cancerous players for the sake of the members of your alliance I hope they've learned.

Hey man, Cuzo's a bro. Don't be hating on us for giving him a place to live :(

• Upvote 1

1x Gentleman of Economics @ TSG

1x Leader @ TSG

1x Minister of Prosperity @ TEL

1x Adviser @ TEL

First Recipient of the Order of the Jarl @ TEL - Honoring service to the alliance.

1x Associate @ tS

I had no stockpile that's why I could not fight back I didn't sell anything also I told you my reasons for leaking you were planning on going in attacking Rothschild and the only reason I seen you doing this for was because Adama couch-crashing but he agreed to send us money and a whole alliance did not deserve to go under because of that and yeah I said I was leaving Orbis for RL problems but them problems have fixed themselves.

Edited by Cuzo
  • Upvote 4

TIL PnW is actually middle school

Edit: not biased

Edited by The Captain Nao
  • Upvote 4

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

He now resides in TEL. Now that I'm not government I can say this without it affecting alliance relations much.. I have no respect for any alliance that shelters an alliance leaker. You take in someone who betrays their alliance, you're accepting trash into your ranks, the scum of the game. So enjoy your cancerous players for the sake of the members of your alliance I hope they've learned.

We sheltered him because he protected friends. In our eyes, he was help, and since we wouldn't be rolling a 30 minute old alliance, he wouldn't be leaking any of our info, so we took him in. Now that you aren't in government, I can say that Cuzo, unlike you specificaly, is humane and compassionate

• Upvote 1

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

We sheltered him because he protected friends. In our eyes, he was help, and since we wouldn't be rolling a 30 minute old alliance, he wouldn't be leaking any of our info, so we took him in. Now that you aren't in government, I can say that Cuzo, unlike you specificaly, is humane and compassionate

That and TEL is already a leaky ship so what was one more going to do?

I joke. :P

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I had no stockpile that's why I could not fight back I didn't sell anything also I told you my reasons for leaking you were planning on going in attacking Rothschild and the only reason I seen you doing this for was because Adama couch-crashing but he agreed to send us money and a whole alliance did not deserve to go under because of that and yeah I said I was leaving Orbis for RL problems but them problems have fixed themselves.

You sure have a wholly different set of reasons now than what you gave back then

Glad to see that 'leaving for good' no longer hold any meaning in this corner of the universe :3

• Upvote 2
UedhRvY.png

Moral of the story for the Rothschilds is don't go chasing false ambitions when everything you want is right in front of you.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

You sure have a wholly different set of reasons now than what you gave back then

Glad to see that 'leaving for good' no longer hold any meaning in this corner of the universe :3

I'm not sure what reasons I included in my last Guardian post I might of not included all the reasons but I had a private conversation with Pre before leaving and everything above I said to him I also had conversations with multiple people after that drama and explained the same thing to them.

I was planning on leaving Orbis due to RL problems but as I said I have fixed them no point in leaving when I don't have to anymore.

Hey man, Cuzo's a bro. Don't be hating on us for giving him a place to live :(

He was only let go because he claimed he was going to be out of the game in a month. So he lied about that to avoid getting continually rolled. So not only is he a leaker, but a liar and a coward.

scSqPGJ.gif

He was only let go because he claimed he was going to be out of the game in a month. So he lied about that to avoid getting continually rolled. So not only is he a leaker, but a liar and a coward.

Would you continually roll a player until he leaves the game?

How does that create a sustainable gaming environment?

EDIT: In addition; who are you to judge whether he spoke the truth or not? He may have had RL issues, or he may have lied. Either can be true but neither should be discounted. The truth is usually not black, nor white.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif