Prefontaine's Corner.

Prefontaine

Now that I'm no longer leading an alliance, nor hosting a radio show, I figured I'd make a public thread to comment on past and present events in the game and speculate possible future events or just hypothetical situations. Being this is the first entry, lets start with some past.

So at the start of this round, TC were the powerhouse in terms of allies, they were the first bloc, and 3 of their members were towards the top of the top 10 alliances in the game. They also signed with BoC whom at the time hovered around the bottom of the first page and the top of the second page. There were also whispers of something involving them and Asgard, who were larger and more active at this time but I don't believe anything came from this? I could be wrong. There were effectively two sides at this point, EoS/DEIC/UPN/BoC (TC) and Guardian/SK/TEst the Guardian-sphere (which I'm only calling it such because it's my home alliance) was paperless, something reasonably unused outside of Orbis and the fact that we were some of the few trying to stick to it it sort of banded us together. It was pretty obvious the first major first page war would involve TC and Guardian-sphere and it just needed a spark. That spark was the war  of questionable aggression (was that the name decided on?). TAC was attacked by TC for the reason that a month prior they had conversations with alliances about possibly building a coalition against TC. There might have been other reasons but as I remember it that was the main one. I had been on of the people approached about joining a coalition against TC and shot it down at the time as TC hadn't really done anything to warrant aggression. During the war though, it was obvious that if they were willing to go to war over month old intel involving possible war plans, then Guardian and some allies would be at risk. Conversations did happen, hypothetical scenarios were worked through and inter alliance conversations did happen. They could have been leaked by a disgruntled member down the road and the same CB could be used and catch us off Guardian like TAC was. Despite the odds TAC did better than expected. They didn't win, but they put up more of a fight than I thought they would, and before the end of the war a plan was set to attack TC. The plan brought Guardian-Sphere and TAC, who then became ROSE together for a one time military operation. The plan was created for two reasons, for Rose to get revenge, and for Guardian-Sphere to preempt being caught off guard by the same CB TAC was. It was made clear to Rose leadership that this was a one-time partnership and wasn't going to result in becoming post-war allies with Guardian-sphere. We weren't looking to replace one bloc at the top with another (though I suppose we kinda did). So we spent a month getting ready, building up supplies, warchests, Rose rebuilding, and we launched a very effectively opening blitz. Mass spy operations pre-war and locking down blockades to most top nations really proved to be an extremely effective tactic at the time and even though TC had more stronger nations based on infra/city count and more nations overall the effectiveness of over-stockpiling and a coordinated opening salvo while catching them off guard proved extremely effective. 

I'll continue this the next time I get the urge to vomit some words down on a paper. Feel free to comment, or correct me as I don't remember everything perfectly, but do remember this is from my point of view. 

• Upvote 6

scSqPGJ.gif

Pretty well written.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

ptt

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

TC wasn't really at the top, it was more of an opinion that we were but in reality TC didn't do anything to really control the game and dominate. It was more that our opponents in that war claimed dominance of the game and well started severely wars since exerting their dominance .

Edited by Clarke
  • Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

TC wasn't really at the top, it was more of an opinion that we were but in reality TC didn't do anything to really control the game and dominate. It was more that our opponents in that war claimed dominance of the game and well started severely wars since exerting their dominance .

The winner writes the history :P

( I know that feel after 2 ww's )

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2932-the-alliance-power-rankings/?p=39735

There's the strength chart shortly after the TAC war. DEIC #1, EoS #3, UPN #5, and BoC #13. You can claim you weren't at the top, but you're wrong, your bloc had 3/5 top alliances and 1 of the others was GPA. Guardian-Sphere contained the #4, #7, and #11 alliances. At the time of the Marionette war, DEIC had a higher first page average score than Guardian by about 60 average, and had a higher second page score by about 20, we didn't really have a third page then. As I said when TAC originally tried to get Guardian involved TC had done nothing to be aggressive and didn't warrant a counter-bloc. TC declaring on TAC for the reasons it did changed all that. All as I said in the OP.

Nice little write-up. I didn't read the forums much back then, so it's interesting to me.

Next time though hit the enter key a couple times :P

I did say vomit words onto a page, did I not?

So predictions for the future?

Will get there once I finish with the past. But I predict when you get involved with a war, you're going to lose a crap ton of money in infra loss!

scSqPGJ.gif

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2932-the-alliance-power-rankings/?p=39735

There's the strength chart shortly after the TAC war. DEIC #1, EoS #3, UPN #5, and BoC #13. You can claim you weren't at the top, but you're wrong, your bloc had 3/5 top alliances and 1 of the others was GPA. Guardian-Sphere contained the #4, #7, and #11 alliances. At the time of the Marionette war, DEIC had a higher first page average score than Guardian by about 60 average, and had a higher second page score by about 20, we didn't really have a third page then. As I said when TAC originally tried to get Guardian involved TC had done nothing to be aggressive and didn't warrant a counter-bloc. TC declaring on TAC for the reasons it did changed all that. All as I said in the OP.

The point was we weren't dominating the game with our power being at the top, stats wise yeah it was at the top but not how we conducted ourselves in regards to other alliances. I should have made that more clear regarding stats.

Ignoring that you can respond to the rest of my post instead of just the first part of the first sentence. 

IpHGyGc.png

The point was we weren't dominating the game with our power being at the top, stats wise yeah it was at the top but not how we conducted ourselves in regards to other alliances. I should have made that more clear regarding stats.

Ignoring that you can respond to the rest of my post instead of just the first part of the first sentence. 

Well I hadn't gotten to post  war stuff yet. Though, several wars? Guardian only started 1 war post-Marionette, unless you count us sending 5 nations to help fight CU as a war.

scSqPGJ.gif

Well I hadn't gotten to post  war stuff yet. Though, several wars? Guardian only started 1 war post-Marionette, unless you count us sending 5 nations to help fight CU as a war.

My main point of that line was "exerting their dominance" so yeah I would say that would count as would wars that almost happened.

IpHGyGc.png

I deleted from inactivity in alpha. Feed my vanity too.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Oh please, you outnumbered our top tier 2:1. Your side was top heavy compered to our sides middle weight. No alliance war in this game had the ones with the stronger top tier lose yet.

Ex.

TOO raids

UPN-PC

Blocs raids

UPN-BLOC

WWA

TC-TAC

Hypocrisy war

etc.

Hell, even !@#$ Saru vs an entire alliance had him winning

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Oh please, you outnumbered our top tier 2:1. Your side was top heavy compered to our sides middle weight. No alliance war in this game had the ones with the stronger top tier lose yet.

Ex.

TOO raids

UPN-PC

Blocs raids

UPN-BLOC

WWA

TC-TAC

Hypocrisy war

etc.

Hell, even !@#$ Saru vs an entire alliance had him winning

Maybe UPN's top was outnumbered. But DEIC had more stronger nations. I only think Guardian was involved in about 5 wars with UPN during Marionette, we were the bulk force against DEIC, we had help from Phiney from TEst and I believe 5-7 Rose members. I'm talking about our side of the fight, I really didn't pay attention to the BoC/UPN aspect of that war and just relied on updates from allies if they needed/wanted help.

Anyway, time to pick up where I left off, the Marionette war. 

The Marionette war was winding down, and peace talks went very sloppy. There was some contradictions about how things would go and how long the war would go and negotiations happened without all parties of Guardian-sphere being present and during this Rose tried to obtain quicker peace for the war than what was originally agreed upon Pre-war. This whole thing lead to UPN, or Saru specifically making an announcement about individual surrender terms to ally for those Rose leadership who gave a hint at wanting different terms a chance to peace out early. It wasn't a bad idea, but all it ended up doing was cementing Rose/SK/Guardian (TEst left on their own because TEst) to having the same terms, and the terms we agreed upon pre-war. The war went two full rounds, and effectively white peace was given. So with the first large class between front page alliances ending everyone went back to lick their wounds. Diabolos stepped down from leadership in DEIC and eventually went rogue on Guardian and DEIC after that, and new leadership took over in DEIC. 

Now Rose found themselves in a somewhat bad position, and it was about to get worse. As I stated when the plan was formed, this was a 1 time military engagement with Guardian-sphere and Rose. We weren't going to be military allies, but we were still going to be friends. Yay paperless. However some Rose leadership felt I used them to take down TC, and with the tensions that were created by the messy peace talks they were worried no one from Guardian-sphere had their back, and having just fought TC the list of strong possible friends was short. ENTER VE! It was around this time VE joined the game and absorbed TSG, and tS was starting to get higher on the page two list. This is when things went bad for Rose. After the war of debatable aggression and before the marionette war EoS disbanded, many of their members joined UPN but a few key gov landed in Rose. Those gov brought with them some TC intel, this time was going to leak some Rose intel. Pubstomper and Adama stepped down from Rose leadership and new members took over, the important one is Jroc.

Jroc was their head of FA and seeing the position of Rose wanted to form a new power group to either go after Guardian-sphere, or defend against Guardian-sphere. To do this they wanted to use tS/VE as effectively meat shields. So this got leaked by Cyradis. Needless to say Guardian-sphere wasn't happy, and VE/tS weren't happy about someone planning on using them. No war happened from this, Guardian went from being friends with rose to being neutral at best. Rose had another gov shake up and sorta ducked out of the public light to fix their internal issues. Pubstomper stayed in the alliance for a while and Adama joined Guardian.. At least for a while. 

Next time: Rothschild!

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

Ah so as irrelavent as TEL is we are half of the members from TSG, at least the active ones. The other active half went to Abbas.

Soon

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

Rose's uh, paranoia wasn't entirely or maybe even mostly due to feeling Guardian used them. It's fair to say I came down on them like a sack of bricks any number of times during the war, especially during the cluster&#33;@#&#036; that was peace talks, so that undoubtedly contributed to their feelings of isolation. I can't remember exactly what was said anymore, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that I openly threatened to roll Pub :P

wF9Bjre.gif